400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

heres wk 7 postflush pics... begin 2nd week of flower... added 12ml/gal grow, 8ml micro, 20ml bloom, 6ml liquid bloom, and 5ml calmag...

added 23w 2700k CFL x 2 in a parabolic reflector(just outta this pic top left)... pretty much to cover the left side 2 sour grapes.
wk_7_pstf_6.jpg

some progress! theyve been stretchin like crazy, gotta fig a way to get better pics...
wk_7_pstf_5.jpg
wk_7_pstf_4.jpg
wk_7_pstf_3.jpg
wk_7_pstf_2.jpg
wk_7_pstf.jpg

dont top after flower.

When you hit the switch, let em be until they stop stretching. It's a huge growth spurt. 2-3x their size. Dont do anything to stop that process.

Top before and give it a little time for the new tops (or fim) to develop a little at least.

thanks b thats what i was thinkin, i did take some light blockin fans tho, i tried to go light...

yea I think that's fine, but very little during the stretch period. give them their space to meditate and grow spiritually:Namaste:

Then around 21 days or whenever stretch is up, start makin room.

You're doing great man.

thanks for the positives all who took time to look so far...

been keepin the res temps in check, slidin some ice packs in between the res twice daily, and added some mylar covers to the lids... seems to help out.

added some CFLs as well to compensate some for raisin the light so much, im sure i will add the same on the other side... doesnt seem to raise air temp hardly at all. tryin to keep the RH under 50 above 40% so far so good.

hey i forgot to answer a cple ppl about height... the blue dreams are both reachin 22'', and all the others are between 10-12''... gonna be tall girls, taller than i thought, but i have the ceiling height for em... i was gonna scrog em, but my back and just plain old poor planning stopped that. will add screen from the jump next time. im still going to have to add the pvc frame to have something to tie supports to. and give me a place to attach more mylar to. maybe ill fig out somethin... got a little time left.

gs, no. unfortunately we are in the middle of deciding if we are goin to relocate, our lease is up in feb., too many unknowns to be just startin a new cycle. bummed but at least ill have this grow under my belt before then... ill just have to come up with the cash for some seeds or clones when we decide. i heard there is a sour diesel x OG mother that a friend is startin now and willin to give me some clones from.

yea theyre turnin into some little bushes arent they?

Hey Jjames maybe relocation is a good thing, i to will be moving home next year and i cant wait, currently my back yard is very small with little space to grow, i still get a fair veg harvest but i would like to be able to grow all my own fruit and veg, i am very much in to growing not just cannabis altho my hobby did come about from growing my fav herb in the world... :D

Sounds like a strain i would love to get my hands on hope you continue to share with your friends here at 420. Your doing a brilliant job on your girls keep it up bro.

yes it could be very good, if we are able to get a house, it would be nice to have a dedicated spare room to 'work' in. im currently growin in a half bathroom in an apt, surprisingly enough, it has created some ideal conditions, although i think i got lucky with havin that 400w HID in there, the 600w wouldve been too hot. if we do end up stayin, id be interested in some LEDs so i can up the w and not worry about heat/ electricity, that bein said, either house or apt i think itll be considered if i can save up enough. seen some pretty good lookin grows here under LED.

id like to grow some of my own veg/fruit too, im finding that the hobby of growing itself is pretty cool, although i have a healthy obsession with cannabis that i dont think could be matched by anything else. my dad always had a huge garden growing up so ive been around it all my life.

and thanks for the compliment! thats great comin from someone like you. its my first grow so im lookin at it over and over and have myself thinkin that im doin too much wrong or not doin enough. but theyre lookin healthy overall i think...

:thanks:

Looks very nice sir.

Just a thought, but I bet you could just stick a cpl pvc pipes in there using the tubs and the wall to pinch-hold them in place, then when you need to, just loop some string to pull branches where you need. It's bushy as hell in there and you're going to want to open them up a little I'm sure.

Also, if you stick with about this size grow a 300w LED would probably be a good choice.

Did you make a mylar curtain or whatever for reflection in the tub too?

thanksguys, yea, im going to be constructing some kind of pvc support/tie off frame soon. it is pretty tight in there so thats a good idea to pull them apart. would you suggest maybe when i tie some off, say leave them tied for a couple days, then switch and tie off and open up another area for a couple days, and just keep rotating between different parts of different plants?

i havent found it yet, but what w power HID would a 300w LED be comparable to?

and yes i finally got my hands on some mylar and am just needing some time/back relief to get it goin.

im excited to see the Jack finish too, i didnt think it was goin to make it, she was the weakest lookin and it was part of the 3 clones i had to replace because i went apes$#*! with my nutrients when i got em an almost killed 6 clones the first week.

Hey bro im not to sure with LED, im new to the whole experience so cant offer much input, i think it all depends on the make of the LED, there are some good 300W LED vs. 400W HID journals here. Magic beans was running one and also soniq420 had a good one running.

Heres a link check it out.

:peace:

finally got the other cfl for side light, i switched em tho, and in the new one i have one 40w and one 23w, if the heat is ok i want to add another 40w to those sourgrapes(left side), if not ill just rotate it 180* @ 6hrs during light...
wk7_cfl.jpg

SG canopy
wk7_cfl_3.jpg

ive got to get a better camera, these new leaves are starting to frost it looks like, but my droid camera cant zoom in enough.
wk7_cfl_2.jpg

i tried lowering the 400 pretty far down as you can see above, its like 3 in above that tallest BD shoot, but those leaves are not directly under the bulb, kinda off to the back. checked it every hour or so for burn but nothin! held my hand under there forever and it felt fine. ive got my fan directed at the tube opening on the hood when its not oscillating on the canopy. im gonna pull down those tallest bluedream shoots to level canopy at flush today, see if i cant get em a little more even, i just kinda let em go since flip...

Back
Top Bottom