Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Miro #2

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Miro #3

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters
Perhaps something like this?
newlogo.jpg

i say this one good job to the maker, id pick this magazine up based upon the professional appeal of the logo alone not to mention the attatchment to the earth and oxone trough the "0" in 420

It to me says "420 all around the world"

It is a good design and it looks American to me. A campers interest manual maybe that has tents and compass, rents RVs and sells portable outdoor chairs and maps along w/ veg seeds. A company that is thinking of solar power for the RVs....etc. Maybe even swimming supplies..

Since you asked. A few things come to mind. Concerning the image as a whole- Less vertical more variety like big and small, maybe a curve also you could use either values and/or diversity in color. Another thought, you have to put yourself into the subject first. Think about the process later and the vision first. Bring up how to make it after you think about what you clearly want to make. 'Clearly' being kind of a zen state or like the zone. When you see like an object (of thought) it is easier to build or work the materials even as a neophyte. Many people think of the visual world like apprehending or mastering the materials so they build a case on what looks good or cool. The vision usually pulls the wagon like driving the nails in your first home. All this being said it is a good looking piece but in the wrong package.

Fair enough critique, only problem I have is when you said include a diversity of color. If you look at big name brands like Apple, FedEx, etc. there really isn't a diversity of colors, instead they go for cleanliness, simplicity, and style which I believe what 420 is also looking for. People want to see a simple brand that conveys a message of what the company is offering to them, you don't see apple have 15 different colors or apple trees on their logo for a reason. I do agree on putting yourself into the subject because when branding, it takes a lot of thought and processes to put together a clean simple logo, it can't be just be something slapped together of what someone thinks looks good. Vision is a good place to start on things, but the process of creating is where the real visioning begins. You dont know how many times ive had a vision, but some things didnt work, so it had to be readjusted, sometimes I've seen new things as I was working on it, or it had to be scrapped all together! I believe that vision and the process of making said vision go hand in hand, but I do appreciate the critique :)

Here are the Top 5 logos I am leaning toward at the moment.

Each one will need some tweaking, however they are the most appealing to me at the moment.

11471.jpg

4654.jpg

3965.jpg

21057.jpg

5504.jpg

What are your thoughts?

All of those logo's look wonderful. My only thought would be that the only one that would really work for all of the needs you require would be the last one and possibly the second one. I am not sure how you are going to redesign the web site but if the top part is going to be the same size as it is, then all of the logos except the last ones are going to have to be so small your are going to have a heck of a time reading them.

Example:
logo_idea_1.jpg

logo_idea_2.jpg

logo_idea_3.jpg

logo_idea_4.jpg

logo_idea_5.jpg

Hopefully I am not offending anyone, I just think that sometimes the places the logos is going to go is not considered and it really is the most important. Something that looks wonderful in one place may not be legible in another and the logo for 420 needs to work in multiple places and should be legible and have just as much impact in every one of those places. IE, Web, letterhead, business cards and magazine cover.

Maybe 420 has this all figured out and this post can be deleted, just thought I would throw this out.

I have to agree with T12!!! I like #5 the most!!! it just looks like it could be the most presentable!!! still wish there was a picture of the world somehow worked in, but it is the best out of the 5 IMO!!!

:peacetwo:

In the words of Kermit the Frog --- It's not easy being green! :thumb: :goodjob:

#4 Contains the medical awareness symbol & that 420 supports MMJ use.

The leaf & medical symbol helps symbolize the 420 mission statement - 420 Magazine - Mission Statement

May be a differnet placing of medical symbol/made bolder & leaf could be of better use with in the present logo design or even a incorparated globe symbol to reflect the whole planet etc

If you go back to the original information and guidelines 420 set for what they were looking for, I would say that #5 is the only one that fits into those guidelines. Although all the logo's look very nice and show great talent they are more of what 420 calls "something that would look good on a t-shirt logo" and miss the mark as a multipurpose corporate logo that will suite the needs of what the logos is going to be used for (Just my opinion of course). I think 420 actually did themselves a disservice by doing this contest and letting it go on so long. I think they got too many ideas and lost tract of what they were looking for in the first place.

Again, just an opinion and not meant to offend anyone on their work or ideas.

I'm still stuck on #5 as well and am leaning towards going with it. The new website is in full swing and our projected launch date is 4/20/2012. We plan to unveil the winner in the new design and will make the official announcement at that time. :thanks:
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom