Well...life is life. One of the struggles for me is handling so much at one time.
Eventually...the scale is tipped.

The last time these plants had lights on was 11/2 at 7pm. I was finally able to bring down #3 & #9 last night 11/8. I should also include that they have not had any water either for nearly 12 days!

Ok...I understand that this is not the ideal process for preparing our flowers for harvest. Although this was not planned,
(11/3) I have no choice but to harvest later this evening
sometimes we just have to take the blows and keep moving. With that said, I cannot begin to explain to you all how incredibly LOUD #9 smells! She was visually the most stressed out from my bullshit and she somehow put out a ton of terpenes and frost!

#9 on the left / #3 on the right

I took down #9 last. She smells incredible. A strong sweet aroma with a tinge of cookie batter and citrus. I mean it everyone...none of the other plants smelled this loud during the harvest. Anyway, I was spent and decided to just chop her and put her straight into the hanging dryer thingy. It will be an interesting comparison to the ones I did wash.

#3 got a bunch of my time on the floor and bent over to trim up as many useless leaves as possible. I also did a wash cycle. A few examples of my branches. Obviously, you can see a lot of lower larfy growth. Certainly cost me size on the main colas.

Also, with all the small growth meant a lot of little fan leaves. You can still see some. I decided to just take care of them later when they are dry.

She will be hung dry inside the tent. I have the A/C going full blast. I don't have the time to dry them slowly in the fridge. This will be my first time drying this way. What is the best way to know when to stop and jar? Bent but no snapping of the stem? Thanks everyone. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Blessings!

I always hang mine to dry and I go by the feel of the flowers, i.e. if they don't have much give, they're ready.

While it is hanging, grab one branch by each end and attempt to bend it into a circle. As you bring the ends together, if the branch snaps (but does not break) and doesn't allow you to bend it around in a neat circle, it is ready to chop the buds off of the branch and move to paper grocery bags for a couple of days, until the RH gets down to around 65%. At that point, try to jar it overnight to see if the RH is stable, or if it rises back up to 70 or more. If it does, put it back into the bag for 12 hours before checking again.

Thanks Em! Quick ? For you and @HashGirl or any others about drying, what are your environmental parameters?
Right now, my tent is 60° and 65% RH. The RH will probably drop quite a bit after today is my guess. Two fresh harvests in there.
While it is hanging, grab one branch by each end and attempt to bend it into a circle. As you bring the ends together, if the branch snaps (but does not break) and doesn't allow you to bend it around in a neat circle, it is ready to chop the buds off of the branch and move to paper grocery bags for a couple of days,
At this point, how many days after harvest are you typically going into the paper bags?

until the RH gets down to around 65%. At that point, try to jar it overnight to see if the RH is stable, or if it rises back up to 70 or more. If it does, put it back into the bag for 12 hours before checking again.
10-4

Thanks Em! Quick ? For you and @HashGirl or any others about drying, what are your environmental parameters?
Right now, my tent is 60° and 65% RH. The RH will probably drop quite a bit after today is my guess. Two fresh harvests in there.

At this point, how many days after harvest are you typically going into the paper bags?

10-4
I do my drying in a climate controlled house. The internal RH ranges from 65% during the humid parts of the summer with the central air conditioning on to 20% or so in the wintertime while running the furnace. Obviously, drying goes a little quicker in the winter and I will get about 3 days maximum then, and in the summer sometimes 4-5 days. It also depends on when I last watered the plants before chop, and anymore I try to give them a final watering before going into the darkness stage a couple of days before harvest, and this additional moisture content does help to get a little slower of a dry. I also budwash at the end, and that is adding moisture back too, so you never know just how much of a slow dry you are going to be able to get in. If I considered 5-7 days at that stage to be necessary, I would put a humidifier in the drying room, set to 65% or so, but I do not. Each batch is different, and it becomes a look and feel judgement at the end as to when I throw them in the grocery bag and then while in there, all the above considerations come back into play, so sometimes 2 days in the bag is fine and others it takes 3-4 days to get down into the curing range. A lot of this also depends on when they were stripped from the branches too.

I do my drying in a climate controlled house. The internal RH ranges from 65% during the humid parts of the summer with the central air conditioning on to 20% or so in the wintertime while running the furnace. Obviously, drying goes a little quicker in the winter and I will get about 3 days maximum then, and in the summer sometimes 4-5 days. It also depends on when I last watered the plants before chop, and anymore I try to give them a final watering before going into the darkness stage a couple of days before harvest, and this additional moisture content does help to get a little slower of a dry. I also budwash at the end, and that is adding moisture back too, so you never know just how much of a slow dry you are going to be able to get in. If I considered 5-7 days at that stage to be necessary, I would put a humidifier in the drying room, set to 65% or so, but I do not. Each batch is different, and it becomes a look and feel judgement at the end as to when I throw them in the grocery bag and then while in there, all the above considerations come back into play, so sometimes 2 days in the bag is fine and others it takes 3-4 days to get down into the curing range. A lot of this also depends on when they were stripped from the branches too.
Another couple screenshots. Thanks mam.

NTH

Sorry for the delay...congratulations on the harvests Baked, they all look amazingly sticky! Indoor unsprayed plants and skipping the wash probably won't make a difference, though washed plants tend to dry more evenly than unwashed. Nice to see the buckets come out. Save the trays for the turkey!
That's the plan anyway unless life wants to be a douchebag again...
Tell that douchebag to eff off!
I can't tell you how excited I am about bringing down #7!!! I mean just look at the size of this diii...I mean NUG!!!
Sweet!
Thank you Shed for the lessons over the years.
Always glad to help where I can Baked. :Namaste:
Many thanks ITS! Sending you over a fist pump and a little slap...
:high-five:
YT search should being it up
This is how to do it without the hand slap from the mods.
My 8 year old enjoyed her first fresh flower and she was amused.
:hmmmm: This might need a bit more explaining...
as I was prepping the buds for the paper bag and fridge
One seed in the whole harvest? Could be a single nanner or one bit of pollen through an open window or on your clothes.
If she did hermie, it would have been MUCH more seeds right?
Absolutely. If you're not seeing more seeds or a single nanner, I wouldn't call that a hermie.

Nice to see the buckets come out. Save the trays for the turkey!
These are 7 gallon garbage cans. Nothing expensive but slightly wider than a circular 5 gal bucket.
Tell that douchebag to eff off
Man Shed...long battles ahead. It's all good. Just going to keep inching forward. Thanks!

The picture looks amazing, but I see she hermied on you :(, that's unfortunate!
I enjoy when a nanner or two gets buried in the odd bud or two in my small indoor grows. It provides a few nice viable seeds for future grows. I’ve grown several as back ups when purchased seeds have failed to sprout and I need 4 plants in my cabinet. My current grow is 2nd gen Sweet Seeds CMXL Auto, from which I found about 10 fat seeds. I have about 12 seeds from my 2nd grow…a very heavy indica that is like smoking hash…it was the red pheno that will be dropped at some point. My bowl is half full. Cheers

drying goes a little quicker in the winter and I will get about 3 days maximum then, and in the summer sometimes 4-5 days. It also depends on when I last watered the plants before chop, and anymore I try to give them a final watering before going into the darkness stage a couple of days before harvest, and this additional moisture content does help to get a little slower of a dry.
My initial intent was to do what you have mentioned in the past. I gave them a small drench a couple days before lights out. What I was not anticipating was the length of time it would be before I got around to chopping them down. Thanks as always for the wisdom Em!
Another couple screenshots. Thanks mam.

NTH
Right NTH?! Always great to have Em and so many others in this community to watch our backs and keep steering us in the right direction. I started using the bookmark feature more often. So much easier to categorize what I'm looking for. Em has quite a few bookmarks in my database! Haaa haaaa Doesn't mean I always remember what I was told to do though. *shrugs shoulders*
Awesome grow and harvest Baked!!

NTH
Thanks NTH! I really do feel blessed to have got to this point. I always drooled and admired everyone else's gardens. To finally have grown some decent plants for my medicine...no words! Blessings NTH

I enjoy when a nanner or two gets buried in the odd bud or two in my small indoor grows. It provides a few nice viable seeds for future grows. I’ve grown several as back ups when purchased seeds have failed to sprout and I need 4 plants in my cabinet. My current grow is 2nd gen Sweet Seeds CMXL Auto, from which I found about 10 fat seeds. I have about 12 seeds from my 2nd grow…a very heavy indica that is like smoking hash…it was the red pheno that will be dropped at some point. My bowl is half full. Cheers
Yeah, I have not seen the few seeds I have found as a negative result. If they were loaded with seeds, then I would be really bummed.

Next season, I will be doing some breeding and trying to produce my own seeds.

So it is possible to get only a couple of viable seeds from a self-pollinated plant then? Nanner? Would it be a feminized or regular seed?

Yeah, I have not seen the few seeds I have found as a negative result. If they were loaded with seeds, then I would be really bummed.

Next season, I will be doing some breeding and trying to produce my own seeds.

So it is possible to get only a couple of viable seeds from a self-pollinated plant then? Nanner? Would it be a feminized or regular seed?
They will be fem seeds self pollinated from a fem plant. We celebrate every time we find the random seed and save them labeled for future grows. I was told these are S1 seeds here but havent looked that up yet, will now. Cheers

They will be fem seeds self pollinated from a fem plant. We celebrate every time we find the random seed and save them labeled for future grows. I was told these are S1 seeds here but havent looked that up yet, will now. Cheers
That's really cool! Thanks for the wisdom as always!

I do have them labeled and in the fridge already. I'm looking forward to giving them a try again. I want another shot at growing some better GSC. Now with a full grow under my belt, I feel more confident. Still so much to learn though.

Alright then...so obviously much faster drying hanging in the tent than in the fridge. Under the circumstances, that was a good thing. I started on some of the trimming last night for GSC #3. Here a couple examples of the bigger buds I was able to harvest.

A whole hell of a lot of little buds though. They need a little bit of scissor work but for the most part, I'm annoyed enough with the quantity that I'm going to smash the shit out of it, smoke it, and cure the rosin.

I also prefer wet trimming I think.

A HUGE thanks to @420 & staff for the awesome care package I received. So stoked to finally get my hands on a 420 nug jar dude!!! Filled it up with a few nuts from last night's trim session. Blessings and thank you!

Alright then...so obviously much faster drying hanging in the tent than in the fridge. Under the circumstances, that was a good thing. I started on some of the trimming last night for GSC #3. Here a couple examples of the bigger buds I was able to harvest.

A whole hell of a lot of little buds though. They need a little bit of scissor work but for the most part, I'm annoyed enough with the quantity that I'm going to smash the shit out of it, smoke it, and cure the rosin.

I also prefer wet trimming I think.

A HUGE thanks to @420 & staff for the awesome care package I received. So stoked to finally get my hands on a 420 nug jar dude!!! Filled it up with a few nuts from last night's trim session. Blessings and thank you!

BakedARea, Great harvest, happy your dry/cure went as planned. Cheers

As do I. I can't even stand when the buds hang too long after washing and the leaves start to droop that's how wet I like to trim!
It seems so much easier to clean up the sugar and can leaves beforehand. I also need to figure out the timing of trimming off leaves leading up to the harvest. Space out the duty of this chore. It's been a little over a year since my wrist surgeries and I'm just not able to sit there and trim for hours on end. Cleaning up larfy growth should help too. Lol

Back
Top Bottom