420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691

All 4 plants are now in the flower room, and I’m calling this transistion day 1 for all 4, all are trained the same way and will undergo more training as they grow to stay nice and open. For training I use coat hangers and hook them onto the corner of my buckets, has always worked great. Making a cross in the center prevents splitting at the stalk from being too aggressive with training btw. The plants are now in order as well :laugh: Back left by the intake vent is plant one, to the right is plant 2, front left is plant 3 and 4 is closest to the door. These 4 Girls Scout Cookie plants from @Weed Seeds Express are sure to be heavy yeilders with the help of the nutrients from @GeoFlora Nutrients!

D75D9956-1878-4B87-83F9-0B4B7582C943.jpeg

5D57FA2E-526E-4C1E-9197-CED44FF9F80B.jpeg

BB3E0DA7-2CC9-4FF7-A1C9-491213D70FD0.jpeg

My records show that Camaro's girls are 89 days' old today. :battingeyelashes:
Thanks HG, however, the big girls I know the age of, it’s the clones from GSC 2 that I’ve lost track of the age of, no biggie, I have it here in my journal I just need to back track and add the days since the last posting with their age, just been really busy with life but getting back into the regular routine of managing the plants. It is a lot of work as I do still have other plants going inside and taking up the greenhouse. I wanted to get the GSC into the greenhouse this year but they just weren’t ready and wouldn’t have produced like I’d wanted, next summer you can bet that there’s going to be 3 of these ladies housed in there though and even being 10’x20’ they’re going to be cramped in there. Lol

It is amazing how fast these plants respond to training, not even 12 hours and everyone is perked right up as if I didn’t mess with them at all, 1 and 2 were begging for a beauty shot which they deserved. A big thanks again to @420 for making this comparative grow possible and it a possibility to inherit such beautiful genetics!!

2B1DE53A-197D-4BF3-99E0-4FCD3C2BD838.jpeg

3193FA07-BC0A-4985-9748-570F745B8437.jpeg

Thanks HG, however, the big girls I know the age of, it’s the clones from GSC 2 that I’ve lost track of the age of, no biggie, I have it here in my journal I just need to back track and add the days since the last posting with their age, just been really busy with life but getting back into the regular routine of managing the plants. It is a lot of work as I do still have other plants going inside and taking up the greenhouse. I wanted to get the GSC into the greenhouse this year but they just weren’t ready and wouldn’t have produced like I’d wanted, next summer you can bet that there’s going to be 3 of these ladies housed in there though and even being 10’x20’ they’re going to be cramped in there. Lol
I’m trying to grow in a greenhouse. When you say they weren’t ready what do you mean?? Has you or anyone you know had success starting and finishing them in a greenhouse???

I’m trying to grow in a greenhouse. When you say they weren’t ready what do you mean?? Has you or anyone you know had success starting and finishing them in a greenhouse???
Probably just that the plants were not big enough to send off to flower and a greenhouse doesn't give you any control over number of hours of light without some seriously expensive light blocking tech.

So, keeping them indoors allows him to keep them in veg under artificial light for as long as he wants until he feels they are big enough.

Probably just that the plants were not big enough to send off to flower and a greenhouse doesn't give you any control over number of hours of light without some seriously expensive light blocking tech.

So, keeping them indoors allows him to keep them in veg under artificial light for as long as he wants until he feels they are big enough.
To extend the hours in the greenhouse I have my grow light I can hang in it just to make the days stay longer to veg longer.

Looking good and I love the flower room set up. I like the white wall and how everything is tidy. Looks like an alien hospital or something. Very cool
Thanks MG, the walls are just some panda film stapled and taped to 2x3 framing I built the room with incase it needed to be moved, which it has been 4 times now lol. And I used to install stereos on the side, tidiness comes naturally with it I guess haha. Still a couple things that need updating like the old old lights, but we’re getting there.
By not ready, I wasn’t ready to cut clones by the time I’d wanted to send the plants outside, and I don’t bring plants inside once they go out for sake of bug/PM/mold prevention. I try to keep a fairly clean room soo I can keep my focus on healthy plants rather than wasting space quarantining plants, I’d just assume cut more plants than I need and toss out any sick looking or under performing ones. And yes, have experience with greenhouses, what’s your question or issue going on?

Thanks MG, the walls are just some panda film stapled and taped to 2x3 framing I built the room with incase it needed to be moved, which it has been 4 times now lol. And I used to install stereos on the side, tidiness comes naturally with it I guess haha. Still a couple things that need updating like the old old lights, but we’re getting there.

By not ready, I wasn’t ready to cut clones by the time I’d wanted to send the plants outside, and I don’t bring plants inside once they go out for sake of bug/PM/mold prevention. I try to keep a fairly clean room soo I can keep my focus on healthy plants rather than wasting space quarantining plants, I’d just assume cut more plants than I need and toss out any sick looking or under performing ones. And yes, have experience with greenhouses, what’s your question or issue going on?
Just issues with heat control and was wondering if you have had luck in growing autos in the greenhouse?

Just issues with heat control and was wondering if you have had luck in growing autos in the greenhouse?
Well to be completely honest, right now mine still has only 2 roof panels on as I’ve been waiting for the ridge vent that’s been on back order for months and one wall is still open lol. And I have never grown autos unfortunately, soo I can’t answer many questions there but shouldn’t have too much of trouble growing them in a GH. What type of GH do you have? Is it hard or soft sided?

Well to be completely honest, right now mine still has only 2 roof panels on as I’ve been waiting for the ridge vent that’s been on back order for months and one wall is still open lol. And I have never grown autos unfortunately, soo I can’t answer many questions there but shouldn’t have too much of trouble growing them in a GH. What type of GH do you have? Is it hard or soft sided?
Its soft with the entire front and back open / screened, and 3 screen windows of each side. It’s 6x10 size

Its soft with the entire front and back open / screened, and 3 screen windows of each side. It’s 6x10 size
Do you have a way of monitoring how hot it gets in there? Usually plants can take higher heat than people expect, you just need to water more often but make sure not to overwater. During the summer my flower room can reach temps of (I hate saying this) between 100-120F without too much issue, I just need to water every 2-3 days in those conditions but the plants actually grow faster when it’s hot from my observation.. it can be a pain but keep an eye on them daily

Do you have a way of monitoring how hot it gets in there? Usually plants can take higher heat than people expect, you just need to water more often but make sure not to overwater. During the summer my flower room can reach temps of (I hate saying this) between 100-120F without too much issue, I just need to water every 2-3 days in those conditions but the plants actually grow faster when it’s hot from my observation.. it can be a pain but keep an eye on them daily
I do. It’s running high 90’s degrees in the greenhouse.

That’s not bad at all and is normal for a small greenhouse with no fans circulating/extracting air, I wouldn’t stress about that a bit
I run a fan in the greenhouse.

During the summer my flower room can reach temps of (I hate saying this) between 100-120F without too much issue, I just need to water every 2-3 days in those conditions but the plants actually grow faster when it’s hot
I've found the same thing. I grow in an enclosed cabinet and summer will get temps a bit north of 100*F and they seem to handling it ok. But not like 120*, yikes! :eek:

I've found the same thing. I grow in an enclosed cabinet and summer will get temps a bit north of 100*F and they seem to handling it ok. But not like 120*, yikes! :eek:
Lol like I said, I don’t like admitting it gets that hot in there, but it does, thankfully though we’re getting a heat pump installed in the house tomorrow and I’ll be closing the window in the grow room at that point, it’s basically been subject to whatever the outside wants to do. If I can manage to keep it anywhere around 90 or lower I’ll be ecstatic lol

Back
Top Bottom