420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691

Have you tried heat sinks? They can really help lop off the top temps at least.
No I have not. I am using a decent size exhaust fan however that vents my 2x3 veg room and the 5x6 flower room, the 2x3 never sees more than 10-15f over ambient temp which is awesome however the flower room still has old lights that in their time were efficient but have since fallen behind, the drivers and everything are mounted inside the light with no way to hook a cooling duct like on old HPS/MH sealed hoods to extract the heat soo everything naturally goes into the room. I have for a long time been debating rigging up the lights to have an exhaust fan hook to them but by the time I rig everything up cost wise I’ll be halfway towards replacing all the lights with new technology which is what’s really deterred me from doing soo, plus it only runs really hot during the 85f+ days, and the plants don’t mind getting their tan on once in a while. And it wouldn’t be called the torture chamber without some less than ideal conditions :laugh: :laugh:

Happy Friday morning 420! Getting my shots of the girls in early today, The clones have been in the cloner for 5 1/2 days now and ALREADY some have actual roots coming from them, with many not far behind, these Girl Scout Cookie plants from @Weed Seeds Express are simply amazing in all aspects soo far in the torture chamber, dealing with heat, dehydration, over hydration, and my aggressive training.. The big girls in the flower room are on day 5 of transition and looking beautiful, with number 1 still holding out from my first pick as being the most beautiful in the bunch! We’ll see how she performs on the dry scale when finished though lol, that’s the real test

67FFA52A-C7B0-4BE4-8E6E-44A7659A3EBD.jpeg

4191ECED-1FB3-45C6-9C07-77812B831B60.jpeg

3CE289E7-BF2A-4726-99E5-25784B651FD7.jpeg

EDC09A11-F739-4B0C-B2F7-6A8806DC40B9.jpeg

B02A1854-5650-45DD-86D2-C329AC3A63F0.jpeg

Flower day 6, almost the end of week 1 flower and everyone is looking beautiful with the hairs flowing everywhere, the ladies are starting to drink more and are showing how well @GeoFlora Nutrients work in keeping healthy plants with minimal effort. I’ll get some more shots up of the clones once they’re planted in solos

8BC470D9-DF08-4954-8E90-81A2BAF2A5DE.jpeg

10A0FA92-6FA7-4AC3-B1F4-2531789CB3D9.jpeg

Did you start again? My records show that your girls are 104 days old and the photos you posted don't appear to reflect that.

Did you start again? My records show that your girls are 104 days old and the photos you posted don't appear to reflect that.
I think those are clones but I'll let @Camaro1691 confirm. All the ladies look happy and healthy!

Those are clones from the 4 big girls that are in the beginning of week 2 of flower, I try to run as perpetual of a room as possible, and all are labeled which plant they came from soo depending which plant performs the best or to my standards I’ll keep that pheno going and the best from the clones will become a mother plant. The clones are fully rooted and I start my age counter when they go into soil which was last night, today was day 1 on the clones and the start of week 2 for their mums

Week 2 day 3 of flower on the big ladies, and boy ohh boy are they starting to look pretty frosty, I can already tell these are going to be fairly quick flowering plants compared to what I’m used to and the way they look now says they’re all going to have a pretty decent yield, I’m getting excited to be able to try some of it out!! The ladies will be getting a top dressing of nutrients soon as a little pick me up.

717112C6-C474-491F-88CC-4ACE6E58E8DD.jpeg

F060D9A0-6EDE-4543-A96F-2F141512FAB9.jpeg

E7BA6C46-3B6B-4F8F-9209-BAE11B7C1166.jpeg

That looks like a nice size room. Dimensions?
Cloner Box is 2’x2’x2’
Veg Roomis 2’x3’x5.5’
Veg Closet is 2’x10’x8’ but utilizing only 2’x4.5’
Flower Room is 5’x6’x7.5’

and not pictured in a while is the greenhouse which is 10’x20’ with 8’ walls and in the center is 13’ that will be getting some of these ladies next spring. I ended up going a different route than a traditional ridge vent because they’ve been on backorder soo long and almost done with the GH finally!

I wondered why we hadn't seen the newly built greenhouse recently.

I wondered why we hadn't seen the newly built greenhouse recently.
Yeahh, the roof has been an issue for a couple months with backordered pieces that still aren’t available in my area.. These ladies weren’t quite ready to clone when I was ready to stick plants outside soo a couple others are in the GH right now but unfortunately because I haven’t had a roof I’m now dealing with powdery mildew on those plants, which is exactly what I was trying to prevent with these beauties, plus I have a VERY strict rule that once plants go outdoors they’re no longer welcome inside out of concern of bugs or I would have sent these gals outside and just cloned them when they were ready

Camaro1691, I’m checking in on another WSE GSC comparative grow, yours did not disappoint. All caught up now and in for the harvest. Sorry to hear about your recent losses. Your flower tent looks great, fuzzy bits after 6 days from flip is great. I’m envious of your nursery and your clones are some of the healthiest I’ve seen. It would be great if I could scale my 3x3, just lots more weed. I might accidentally type in Camaro1969…been in a few back in the day. My first car was a 1969 Chevy Malibu, 302 super clean $950, not to get off topic. Cheers

Camaro1691, I’m checking in on another WSE GSC comparative grow, yours did not disappoint. All caught up now and in for the harvest. Sorry to hear about your recent losses. Your flower tent looks great, fuzzy bits after 6 days from flip is great. I’m envious of your nursery and your clones are some of the healthiest I’ve seen. It would be great if I could scale my 3x3, just lots more weed. I might accidentally type in Camaro1969…been in a few back in the day. My first car was a 1969 Chevy Malibu, 302 super clean $950, not to get off topic. Cheers
Thanks brotha, I definitely appreciate the kind words. The past few months have been pretty rough but I’ve been pushing thru with a few late restless nights here and there. I have been extremely impressed with how well these GSC plants from @Weed Seeds Express have been growing in all aspects, from seed to current and thru the cloning process with 20/20 rooted.. Have been a fan of your crate room since I first seen your build of it! And no worries, gotta love old cars, my first car was a 76 Impala, I sold the ol girl when I was around 18-19 and after 11 years I tracked down the guy I sold it to and was able to convince him to sell it back to me this March, this was when I picked it up after she had sat in his field the entire time and hadn’t even been driven 50 miles since I’d sold it

Week 2 morning 6 of flower, next watering will be time for a top dressing before the ladies start asking for it. I’m going a little beyond what the feed chart says on it but I’m also watching the plants and letting them tell me when it’s time, they’re still a beautiful shade of green with only slight discoloration in a couple of the bottom leaves from letting the plants get too dry. They have an amazing aroma when moving around the hairs and I’m looking forward to what the finished buds are going to look/smell like!

BD75D4A3-4FA3-4776-99A6-4B4CBB9C9CEE.jpeg

46993A0B-0957-4DFD-879F-CBD562846646.jpeg

E3170A05-ECAB-4CEE-86A2-127527ED604B.jpeg

Day 6 on the clones, they’re starting to show some growth, a few more days and they’ll be established in the soil enough I’ll be topping them, start building the bushes early! Some will be left to grow out to fill holes in growing time and others will be left to grow out and be trained, and a couple select few will be mother plants. Those will be the mother’s for the plants that will go into the GH come spring time next year

1B9A2789-CA24-456E-9D6F-668D690CE35E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom