420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By CigNv

Here is the recipe Baked, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

I've gotten some questions on the pipette drops of soap, so I measured what that works out to for a 1500ml batch: just under 1ml soap for 1500ml of water. I don't make any less but you can do the math. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bookmarked! AND labeled. Thanks so much. I will need to add this to my foliar treatments next year on a larger scale throughout my garden. Not just the cannabis. This is a MUCH more affordable option for larger scale applications.

Yes, I am sure having them as packed in there as they were greatly contributed to the bugs. There were just too many tight places where I could not always get the spray. Pretty sure I will likely limit my whole grow area to a single plant next year, maybe two.

Thanks for the info on the citric acid, it will get added to my routines of spraying.

Yeah, that last week did take a toll. Really should have taken them a week sooner just before the weather turned bad, or when it started to get bad maybe cover them up to keep them a bit more dry. Is what it is though and will use as a learning experience. Possibly looking at adding a clear roof of some sort for next year. Maybe a greenhouse. I did still get some out of them and I have plenty left from my indoor harvest. Patients saying quite possibly some of the best medicine they have had. Time to soldier on and have fun with the clones I have from my new #4 mother. Took 8 cuttings 3 weeks ago and all 8 are now in cups doing good (got a new cloner). Will likely see if I can force them to turn and make some seeds. Empty 2x4 tent waiting for them.

Clones and mom. All from #4

Mom is ready to be trimmed up again and repotted, but do not need and more cuttings right now. If anyone nearby wants them let me know. The 4 smallest clones will likely be given away as well.

20211015_181859.jpg

20211015_182007.jpg

4 clones just got trimmed up and put in 5 gallons. They will get a week or so to spread their roots then I will start spraying colloidal on one of them in an attempt to turn it and then use it to pollinate the others. Then flip to flower in about another week.

20211115_194017.jpg

That scrog plant is going to be a beast with that much room for roots! Can't wait to see it go wall to wall. :nomo:
4 clones just got trimmed up and put in 5 gallons. They will get a week or so to spread their roots then I will start spraying colloidal on one of them in an attempt to turn it and then use it to pollinate the others. Then flip to flower in about another week.
I'm not having the kind of luck using STS for reversing, so I'm curious what type of CS you use and what the PPM is. Is it a brand or do you make your own?

Thanks @InTheShed hopefully I can keep it growing good to get that big. The 27 gallon tote should help quite a bit. I pulled one in from outside to use. Of course there are a bunch of fungus gnats coming out of it, but I sprayed the soil with some Safers and also applied some mosquito bits. Should keep them at bay a bit.

The Colloidal silver I use is 100ppm and the brand is Atlantean Alchemy. I picked the brand because it was the cheapest at the volume I got (2x16 fl oz) and the ppm level because I only apply a liberal spraying on the branch once per day when I get home from work. I do not dilute it. It does take a LONG time to flip though. For my Skunk #1 I started spraying a week before flower and did not get any male flowers until around week 6 of flower. When I did Drunken Gorilla last year it took around 4-5 weeks to start throwing male flowers. I think my Do-Si-Dos never did flip and throw male flowers, so I have not been 100% with it. Pretty sure the more stable the line the less likely it will flip or the more aggressive you have to be like spraying 2-3 times a day or using a higher ppm.

Yeah, the application site continues to flower just like normal until the pollen sacs start. Mostly you will start seeing bananas coming right out of the calyxes. Then slowly turning to entire male flowers. I have found that once you start to see a few good male flowers you no longer need to add the CS and the branch will continue to produce more male flowers. Then after they start dropping pollen you have to make sure it doesn't blow all over your tent (unless that is what you want). I usually knock off or collect most of the pollen and flowers every few days at this point or make sure there is no direct air flow on that branch and start to watch for seed development. I start my cross pollination at this point as well. I use tweezers to pull off a few entire male flowers and then rub those on the selected branches of my cross plant. Seeds take the typical 4-6 weeks to fully develop. Usually right about the perfect timing for a 10 week or longer strain, but I have had to partial harvest 8 week strains to let the pollinated buds go longer to finish up their seed production. Most of my seeds have come right from the branch I put the CS on.

*safety notice* REMEBER - DO NOT smoke the flower or resin or hash from a Colloidal Silver applied bud. It gets a heavy build up of silver in it which can be toxic to you when burned. *safety notice* I cut off the entire branch and remove the seeds when dried. I then toss the entire branch stem and all. I do not even put them in my compost and I do not make hash from it.

Great info, thanks Cig! The plant I sprayed with STS back in June began showing flowers as usual, and then nanners about flip day 22. I tried collecting pollen from it by tapping and even collecting the sacs and drying them out, but I didn't get anything to come off that way. The plant did self-pollinate (somehow!) so I got some seeds, but nowhere near the quantity I had hoped for had I been able to pollinate the other clone.

I'm trying it again now on a different variety, and on flip day 17 it looks exactly like another clone I flipped but haven't sprayed. I haven't completely given up hope, but if this one gives me similar results I may eventually switch over to CS.

interesting, I have heard of most having pretty good success with STS. More so than CS. When I have used CS everything has always flowered just like normal but didn't show any male flowers until around flip +28 to +42.

I have not tried STS yet, but have considered it. Also considering giving gibberellic acid a try as well.

GA3 was my first few attempts, but even at 4 different dilutions all I ever managed to get was really stretchy weird-looking plants!

I haven't perfected the STS yet obviously so don't let me put you off. I finally remembered ChefDGreen telling me that less light is better for sprayed plants, but I've had mine in the sun all day! One day I hope to remember to get it done by the book. :)

yeah, whatever works for you to get it done is what works. I mimicked @beez0404 with my process, but upped the CS ppm and spray only once a day which works for my schedule.

In the end all we are really doing is introducing stress in order to force them to hermi.

Back
Top Bottom