420Chic Intro Grand Daddy and Grape Ape

Thanks so much roseman and Ol Hippy. I love this site it has been so imformative. I just want a successful crop indoor. I know that hydro is supposed to be a harder method of growing, but I am determined to harvest a crop.

My PH keeps creeping down from 6 ish down to the 5ish. why? using the 3 part flora just added floranectar yesterday. I use SM-90 in the res as well it is a multipurpose wetting agent. I am concerned with the leaves on the Grape Ape's lets hope taking the pump out makes a difference. Come on babies grow for mommy she's hungry for some good smoke.!:wood:

yah, have you started a journal? :) it's always fun to follow a grow and share the joy of watching your babies grow up into lovely ladies :yummy:

Come on babies grow for mommy she's hungry for some good smoke.!
oh, you're gonna be saying that ALOT... lol :hookah:

Herb Zen,

I kind of was using this as the journal. Newbie, so I didn't quit know where to start. Can I move this thread? Also here are some pics from today for everyone. I am still very concerned with the grape ape. the Grand dad is beasting out, definately calyx's are starting to form, small but forming.

IMG00047-20100722-1024.jpg
IMG00046-20100722-1023.jpg
IMG00045-20100722-1022.jpg
IMG00044-20100722-1022.jpg

Ol Hippy says they look hungry but I am still afraid to add more nutes, if you seen what I did to my first grow you would understand.

those look nice,, grew up quick.. I love the fact that you can look at the roots.. (I grow in dirt,, it's more forgiving for a newbie like me :)) someday I wll try out the bubble thing ,,,

420Chic, I burned the hell out of my first grow so I'm being very carefull with these ! I'm only at 400ppm plants look fine I just started to flower them last night so I'll slowly be adding flower nutes a little at a time till the next res change ..hope to get my camera back from my daughter tomorrow. Your garden looks great 420 !! :peace: pray for big buds

Looks like ph fluctuation have striped your leaves to me. The additives you use will try to force it down into the high 5's. I'd go back to just the GH nutes and run them at 3-2-1 (Grow-Micro-Bloom) for a week and see if they pick up a little.

Your problems are minor and you're growing weeds. A new grower is often over attentive about their ph and you need to let it ride between 5.5 and 6.5 for the plant to use all the nutes available. When you use the ph adjusters do so in micro doses of 1ml per gal and then wait at least a couple of hours to test.

Roseman how much do I use? I already have the same exact cal mag you named. I have the 8 gallon Deep Water Culture callibrated to 6 gallons. Should I do this with my next nute change on the 24th or just go ahead and add it in or do a nute change tomorrow morning cause they are going to bed soon and add the cal mag at that time. Just changed nutes on the 19th to the the complete bloom from the trasition bloom.
Is any of this making sense.

These are the nutes
3 part flora product
floranector
SM-90
Watermax (hardwater)

anywho please advise. Thanks so much

Yes, you got it right! On the back of the gh bottles it gives nute levels by tsp and that in turn is the ratio of grow, micro and bloom! Tranition is 2-2-2 and you can stay there if you want since you just changed. Got to remember to do the growereze to english translations! LOL!

They are really very healthy looking, they are just a littleslightly less than perfect. Magniseum and Calcium are both absorbed at a higher pH , around 6.3, to 6.7. Some pH charts vary but that 6.3 to 6. 7 is close. IF the ph is drastically adjusted and or chagned often, of if it climbs up and down fast, you get what you are getting.

MC know this better than I and offers great advise.

Okay, this is what I did. I drained 5 of the 6 gallons from the res, fed my yard plants with the used nutes, my outdoor babies get fresh stuff, brewed up a new batch of the nutes, kept'em on the bloom (being lazy bottles are upstairs) diet they were on added the cal mag 30ml per 6 gallon. this time I tested the drain res water's ph and noted it was down to 5.5 So I made sure to make the new nutes within the 6 range as to not disturb the PH. Hope I did that right

I really want these girls to produce. I JUST WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL. I told my husband that I was going to become a master at Deep Water Culture with the help of my fellow 420mag friends.

I will post fresh pics tomorrow morn to see where we are at with them and Iwill put some type of marker to see their grow. thanks to all who have helped and are helping.

Back
Top Bottom