420Chic Intro Grand Daddy and Grape Ape

Two hours after res change I tested PH and it was up to 6.2 to 6.5 range closer to the lower end. then 2 hours later did the same test it stabilized at 6.2-6.5 range. so it sounds like it is going to absord that cal mag, lets hope when i open that tent tomorrow they are greeting me with love and happiness glistening with beautiful calyxs. Until tomorrow sweet smokes and dreams!

Nice save 420chic!, PH is a real pain ! It looks like you've got it down pretty quick ! :peace:

ok, so I opened the tent this morning. andddddddddddddddddddddddddddd..................... I didn't fry them. Last time I used cal mag I fried my strawberry diesel, that is why I was so nervous. I thank you for all of the advice that has gotten me to this point.

PH is stabilized around the ZONE 6.2 +/- so I must have done something right.

They look gorgeous, standing tall and pretty from mommy.

But the grape ape, 3 ladies up front, seem to be stunted hopefully with the next 6 weeks or so they will act right, maybe they will get some of that act right juice. hahhhhhhaaa sorry I couldn't help it.

As for the Grand Daddy Purple, well they are just growing like beasts. GDP is suppose to be very forgiving and tolerable. That must be obvious at this point.

So I started reflecting on my last grow and this is what i discovered. I had no idea what the hell i was doing. I kept asking the people in the hydro shop for advice. Well short of that i screwed myself. I didn't know if your gonna spray ur plants pull them away from the light them dry with a fan, lightly blowing and then put them back under.

I chemically fried them between the fungaflor the nute change and add, they were wet and went to bed. I got a total of 3 blunts off of 3 plants add it up one blunt per plant.

This is what pissed me off, is if I didn't do what I did I would have had some nice smoke to continue token on. they say ignorance is bliss, but that is bs because I most certainly was not blissful.

I just need to rant and rave, slightly. Again thanks for all of the help.

IMG00068-20100724-0824.jpg
IMG00069-20100724-0824.jpg
IMG00071-20100724-0825.jpg
IMG00072-20100724-0837.jpg
IMG00073-20100724-0837.jpg

Thats what I like to wake up to !! Nice grow ! There lookin great 420chic !! :peace:

Run your add water in the 5.8-6.0 range for now. It can be cold rather than tepid to assist in cooling the res. An hour or two in the frig does it or blast it in the freezer if you are in a hurry. Also, it doesn't have to be without nutes. A light nute dose won't hurt anything. Say 1/2 your regular per gallon nute level. Just to be sure the table has a little of something they like to eat. When we are sure your ph is stabilized then we can try to match up nutes better.

Ok here is the update, Ph is an average of 5.5-6ish range. I did a drain of 5 gallons, gave the gals an air bath. Tested the ph of the drain water was at about 5.5ish mixed in a gallon of nutes at 1/2 strength to replenish used nutes, ph at 6ish to help raise the ph gradually. I don't have a ppm meter, just the good old fashion color water system. In between I just added ph balanced water with the same ph structure for the ph flux. I did have to add ice to the res twice on the 24th to bring the temp down it seems to be stabilized.

They are responding well I think. They are in day 11 of flowering. What do you think. I think that the GDP (grand dad) is growing like a beast. I wish the Grape Ape would catch up.
IMG00079-20100726-0915.jpg
IMG00078-20100726-0915.jpg
IMG00077-20100726-0913.jpg
IMG00076-20100726-0912.jpg
IMG00075-20100726-0912.jpg

Comments and advise very welcome.

I have done everything I am suppose to so why do the ladies look like this:
IMG00088-20100728-1400.jpg
IMG00086-20100728-1353.jpg
IMG00085-20100728-1353.jpg
IMG00084-20100728-1352.jpg
IMG00083-20100728-1351.jpg
IMG00082-20100728-1350.jpg
IMG00081-20100728-1350.jpg

The ph keeps dipping down to the 5.5 +/- not sure why but here is their diet:
Flora 3 part 1-2-3 per gallon
FloraNectar 2 per gallon
Cal-Mag 5ml per gallon
SM-90 3ml per gallon
Watermax 2ml per gallon
Top offs I use it 1/4 strength in 1/2 gallon of water

Today I topped it off and tried to bring the ph up slowly still on the high 5.5 range. gave them an air bath and cleaned out residue in tank from roots when I did the 5 gallon drain.

I used 1/2 a gallon of res water with ph at 6 range to bring up. Waited 2 hours still at the 5.5 range. added 1/4 ml of ph up to the tank. tested at 5.7-5.8 range not quite 6 but i am playing with colored water so who knows exactly.

Comments very welcome

Whats your total PPM ? What type of water are you using (well, dist.,tap etc) and what is its' PPM before you do anything? If it were me I'd get 6gal of dist. water and ph it to 5.8 , and add very little of your basic nutes maybe 1/3 make sure you clean out your res good , Are res temps under 70 deg.? And add new ph'd water to clean res .and keep an eye on it . If you start with 5.8 it should , in 24 hrs rise up to 6.-6.3 thats fine . Hope this helps a little

Whats your total PPM ? What type of water are you using (well, dist.,tap etc) and what is its' PPM before you do anything? If it were me I'd get 6gal of dist. water and ph it to 5.8 , and add very little of your basic nutes maybe 1/3 make sure you clean out your res good , Are res temps under 70 deg.? And add new ph'd water to clean res .and keep an eye on it . If you start with 5.8 it should , in 24 hrs rise up to 6.-6.3 thats fine . Hope this helps a little

no ppm meter, tap water, water temp good

420chic, You can get a Hanna PPM meter for $30. I've had mine for 3 grows now it's simple and cheap, you should be able to find one on Amazon.com . It seems you might be overnuting . I know my tap water at my house is 580 !! Which is very high and it caused me all kinds of PH problems . I just go to the store and by 2 1/2 gallons of dist water for 2.50 . I by 3 or 4 at a time . 2 containers plus does a res change . Saves a lot of problems ...:peace:

As I posted in those two links about, about Topping OFF, Draining and Replenishing, you need to clear the buffet table and let them start from scratch.
I'd dare say you might be getting some nutritional lock out.

AND,
it is normal for larger fan leaves to dry, wilt, and fall off like yours in mid flowering.

As I posted in those two links about, about Topping OFF, Draining and Replenishing, you need to clear the buffet table and let them start from scratch.
I'd dare say you might be getting some nutritional lock out.

AND,
it is normal for larger fan leaves to dry, wilt, and fall off like yours in mid flowering.

I did like I was told to drain the resevoir and to start over with 1/3 the nutes, they responded really well to it. :wood:

I don't have a ppm meter, so I can't give that info. All seems to be well and they are flowering nicely.

I figured the big fan leaves would start to fall off eventually. I think that next summer I will stick with outside so I don't have to fight with temp and grow hydro in the cooler months.

Thanks for all the help from everyone. I will keep you posted.:reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom