4X4 & 4X8 Yield expectations?

HigherTheHigh

So im a person that asks a million questions so im just going to ask all my questions in here if anyone can, some questions may benefit others and so on but iv never seen a question like this be asked and most of us do grow in these size tents or similar, so if the more experienced grower could tell you how much is ample and that could be a goal maybe but for me i just need to know that my setup will give me the ample amount of ounces i need to support me for at least a year.

My original goal to end up this year was 100oz but then when i worked it out i intentionally need around 130-150oz so that it can last me from november this year till at least febuary 2020, i already have 12.5oz vacuum sealed, i have 8 plants flowering now due to be harvested in 3 weeks that will give me around 30-35, so then i will have 17 plants to pretty much give me 100oz.

So this is my last few gardens this year as due to heath and well being, being stuck in the house 24/7 with these is a night mare at times, im running 2 tents, 17 plants total, 1 tent with 8 plants gets switched to 12/12 on the 20th and another tent with 9 plants in will be switched to 12/12 on the 27th.

So iv asked lots of questions but got little reply so if anyone can jump on and chuck your past experiences then id much appreciate it.

So iv been training 8 plants for my 4x8 tent, 4 O.G. Kush & 4 Northern Lights, topped at the 2nd node, then topped another 2 more times after to create 16 main stems, they have a little over 3 weeks veg time to grow strong main stems, they are in 16L fabric pots coco/perlite mix fed x2 daily x1L, there main stems should be around 24-30" tall by the time they are in mid flower under 3x 600w HPS lights, im planning on letting them stretch till 2nd week of flower then lollypop them so they each only have 12" of bud sites on each, at this point each main stem should be 1/4" thick so im sure the thicker the stem the bigger the bud? im also making a pre frame so i can mark out where all 128 main stems will go, so all i have to do is let it grow the the frame then once stretch is over i can tie it in its place, each main stem will have its own room around it to allow a better environment, i will also be continuing to follow @Cultivator feed schedule.

So i need 50+oz on this tent, that would be 6.25oz per plant minimum, iv been told i can do it, iv been told that my plan could actually 1/2 each colas so that could be then from 50-64oz but i get told lots of things and to make it sure this is the way i feel best, if anything needs changing or adjusting then tell me what you think would work better, i have yielded 43oz in this tent before but not as much training and veg time as much as this one.

My 4x4 tent grow will consist on running 8 White Widow x Big Bud & 1 peyote Critical, they will be in 12L pots 100% coco, 2 600w HPS lights in cool hoods giving 1200w after spectrum from the glass has been taken around 1000w of HPS light, they are just starting there 1st node now and will be flipped to flower on the 27th of next month, so they will be around 24" tall, i was told with 1 600w hps i could yield 2oz a plant easy as long as i lollypop them, so what about with 2? could i possibly yield 30-35oz? that would make it a little under 4oz per plant, each plant would have 16" of space or 40cm/400mm so i would say that quite ample enough space for a semi small plant, i will also put a support net up to help stop branches falling down.

So this is the big question after what you have just read, i will also be putting pics up along the way, i keep my tents temperatures at 25-27c, the odd occasion it rises or falls a c, great airflow throughout, air intakes are fed in through nearby windows and exhaust pipes go into another room to help with keep moderate temperatures, so here are the figures of what i have:

I have estimated
45-50 for the 4x8
25-30 for the 4x4

Others said:
50-64 for the 4x8
30-40 for the 4x4

My figure would land me at 70-80oz of these 2 grows putting my total to 130oz but im hoping more people will come in and say that i may in fact get 80-104oz that others said, either way what people say i will either have to adjust my grow or add more plants in another tent and i really dont want to do that, plus side is though that all the strains im running are very good for yield wether they have been trained or not, as the 4x8 is getting harvested first i can dry and weigh the first up see how much is roughly there and if i only need a few extra oz i can easily run them for an extra week or 2 as iv found anything after 8 weeks you can add an extra 1/2oz per plant for ever week after.

Any idease ect would be perfect but like i said really need it answering so then at least i can put my mind at ease.

Thanks!

I've done 2 grows. I averaged 3.5 oz per plant on the last one (2 and 1/2 plants in a 4x4. I broke one). That's dried and cured. Not sure if that is how people measure. My objective is to try and double that next time. We shall see. 4 in that space would have been ideal.

Well looks like you do have everything planned out! Now I'm kind of a beginner in growing and never grew in tents or under lamps with a higher wattage than 60 watt. But in my experience, planning and preparing is the half way so that's something. But for the rest it's just a matter of experiencing it and see how it goes I think it is pretty hard to estimate the yield. For example I had a few plants just behind the window and thenput outside next to eachother. One of them got eaten alive and the other had some pests but made a full recovery and is still alive and healthy to this day, same strain from the same breeder. Genetics plays a role too but if they are healthy in the veg stage then they will be healthy in the flowering stage as long as they don't encounter any problems with pests or feeding problems.

Other then that I will follow this thread to see if I can learn something from it. And I just want to see if you make it to your goal! I hope so and good luck!

There is noting worse than getting pests in your garden grow, yeah there getting really good root mass, before they get flipped to flower they always get great root mass, i use Great White Mycrozyhms, Mother Pucka Mycrozyhms, House and Garden Root Accelerator and Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice just for root enhancers, so when there mid flower the should be drinking around 4L per day or more per x3 feeding.

Also another question is, im using a 600w MH vegging bulb because i want the short inner node stacking on each main stem for more compact long colas how far away should my light be in flower week 1 & 2?

Im pretty much only wanting 12" colas, everything else will be trimmed.

Back
Top Bottom