Question for high quality growers - Flushing question

HigherTheHigh

Hello all!

Im back with a question that i could really use help with.

I flipped 12 skunk xl on the 13th september making them 11 weeks old around todays date, i flipped them when they were only around 4 weeks from seed, iv never had a seed take so long to show sex like this strain.

I am limited with time to get them done as i have people working on my home soon and i still have a fair few white hairs developing, there scrogged in a 4x8 tent under 3 600w lights.

question is: iv just started using overdrive in the last 5 days and i know nutrients arent the be all and end all but if i started flushing today for 12 days, will i still add on more weight aswell as thc strength if i start flushing with still white hairs?

I will put a pic up as soon as i can today.

WIN_20171205_11_15_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171205_11_15_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171205_11_14_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171205_11_14_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171205_11_14_09_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171205_11_14_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171205_11_13_15_Pro.jpg

Can you get a closer in focus shot of one of the buds? Not sure if that is one of those strains where the pistils never turn, but they sure look like a lot of white still from what I can see, but some don't change and most folks go more by the trichs anyway as to when it is ready far as what kind of smoke you aiming for.

question is: iv just started using overdrive in the last 5 days and i know nutrients arent the be all and end all but if i started flushing today for 12 days, will i still add on more weight aswell as thc strength if i start flushing with still white hairs?

If you're on an intense body building regimen but you stop eating, will you continue to put on muscle mass? I suspect that the answer really is about that simple. Chances are the plant can coast for a while on what's left in the soil and in the tissues, but deficiencies can start to show up in a matter of days in an actively growing plant = starvation = dying. (Just my .02, but this trend toward flushing for 10 days to 2 weeks seems excessive to me. I think a week should be plenty...)

They have started forming brown pistols over night (they must know whats coming) for them being an XL strain there not really XL at all for the time they have had, i grow nothern lights and have 4-5" colas at flushing stage, they took forever to show sex too.

So i started flushing today and will do so for another 6 days, had to cut short a few days but iv flushed in 5 days with coco before and they had no chemical taste ect, i just wish i had more time.

Yes i have read somewhere that there are a few haze plants that can go 100% amber and still form white hairs, im going to run them till the 12th and if there still forming white hairs i may cry just a little.

20% cloudy at the moment.

I have had some good news today, i can now run them untill the new year, we have put of home improvements untill the new year so im going to run them till the 20th-25th then start flushing them for 14 days!

Back
Top Bottom