5 x Auto - Anesthesia - Coco - 600W

Re: 5x Auto - Anesthesia / Coco / 600W

Soup I do have an idea, but more experienced auto growers should jump in.

1. Lighting periods do not effect autos as it goes thru its life cycle no matter the lighting.
  2. So if you were to give 24 hr of light to an auto in flower it will not revert to veg.
  3. That in mind roots really progress in your dark period.
  4. At 5 hours plus dark your plant gives much better attention to its roots, as a 5 hour minimum is required for this.
So combining this info info you can keep your light cycle 18/6 or pref more so that the plant does not enough time to really work on its roots, thus in a way stunting root growth but keeping your girl live and happy.

But again this is my straight logic, need some experience to comment on this :)

I like your thinking there, ive heard about the 5hour light thing, maybe even from you on another thread? I might try that then, maybe giving them 2 or 3 hours dark just to save a little electric and the remaining 20/21hours daytime.. I feel like i should ask if stopping the roots having their time will slow bud growth but i know thats a dumb question as other people grow autos 24hour light..

Feels like stepping into the even more unknown lol! im going to try it though.

I bet you read it on some other post. This is the first time I have ever posted on root growth on the forums. One comment on the utility side. Your 600w is great for growth :) I use 400w just because of my limited space. But the idea here is not to support growth per say but limit the plant from thinking its night and promoting root growth. So you could use your 600w on your reg schedule and just throw in some good 65w cfl's 65000K for the so called dark period. The cfl in now way is going to be like the 600w but it will keep your girls thinking its daytime plus save big on utility.

Very good work dude i hope my autos look like yours soon. Ill be watching your progress.......keep up the good work!!

So what now? 5 left?
Your tent is 1.8x1.8x2.2 how come you run out of space?
I had in my 1.2x1.2x2, 9 plants and was enough space ...
Now i have 6 + another 2 and wish them to grow in same tent.... Should I buy new light system for second growroom wich is my larder, my closet? and split them like 5-3 or 6-2?
Keep em green bro ! :Namaste:

I bet you read it on some other post. This is the first time I have ever posted on root growth on the forums. One comment on the utility side. Your 600w is great for growth :) I use 400w just because of my limited space. But the idea here is not to support growth per say but limit the plant from thinking its night and promoting root growth. So you could use your 600w on your reg schedule and just throw in some good 65w cfl's 65000K for the so called dark period. The cfl in now way is going to be like the 600w but it will keep your girls thinking its daytime plus save big on utility.

Oh right cool man sounds good, im going to give them 22hours light for now and re think things in a week maybe.

Very good work dude i hope my autos look like yours soon. Ill be watching your progress.......keep up the good work!!

Cheers dude! well yours are looking great either way, i did no LST except for a a little string used to tie apart a couple of branches in early flowering, so im really interested to see how yours go, if it manages to keep them a bit shorter than mine but bushier then ill probably just copy you next time round lol. Welcome anyway!

So what now? 5 left?
Your tent is 1.8x1.8x2.2 how come you run out of space?
I had in my 1.2x1.2x2, 9 plants and was enough space ...
Now i have 6 + another 2 and wish them to grow in same tent.... Should I buy new light system for second growroom wich is my larder, my closet? and split them like 5-3 or 6-2?
Keep em green bro ! :Namaste:

Infact i now have 4 left, i cut down my non auto plant (Aroma by CH9 seeds) as i dont really want to do a photo plant once these auto's are gone i want to do more auto's again on 20/4 light probs. Also it gives me a bit more room.

Well i might be slightly off with my measurements to be honest, not measured it in a while. But technically i could fit two more in there, lenthways. But then my light isnt hanging high enough to cover all of them, and cant hang higher. so its a mixture of the depth not being deep enough (only just fits two plants depth wise now) and the light being a bit too low due to the plants being too damn tall.

With them how they are now i cant even get into my grow room lol, i have to remove the pannelling from the wall and roll up the plastic sheeting just to get in there and water etc.

To be honest thought im not the best person to ask, as i thought i would have way more room than it turns out i have haha. But if you have managed to do 9 before i dont see why not trying again, maybe if you notice them getting too big then buy a light for another area?

May I see your room with just 4 inside?

I had 9, and get ~ 90 g and last year by this time I had 2, unknown seeds, and got ~120-130g. That's why I wanna try with 2 grow rooms. I wanna see how your plants fits inside. And I wanna know if you see any difference from more space/light cover.

Cheers mate ! :Namaste:

May I see your room with just 4 inside?

I had 9, and get ~ 90 g and last year by this time I had 2, unknown seeds, and got ~120-130g. That's why I wanna try with 2 grow rooms. I wanna see how your plants fits inside. And I wanna know if you see any difference from more space/light cover.

Cheers mate ! :Namaste:

Yeah sure no probs, Its super late where i am so off to bed but tommorow i will upload some pics of the whole room and the plants etc. I'll also measure it and let you know the size of the plants/room.

Sorry about the delay here, been quite busy recently. I have a few pics mainly for cozias' benefit regarding the size of my room etc.

1 - is looking through what used to be the main door to the grow room but is now full of plants..
2 - is a picture from behind the 4 auto's at the back end of the grow room (has the wall removed for heat purposes)
3 - is from above the main door looking down on the 4 plants (usually covered with hardboard)

Oh and by the way the pics are from a few days ago.(which surprisingly makes a difference in size even at this stage of flowering)

IMG_240113.jpg
IMG_240213.jpg
IMG_240012.jpg

Might be a bit hard to tell what i mean but basically they are still causing a bit of a size issue as the room is 2 plants deep and the plants are right up against eachover, should be ok now though as they seem to be focusing on buds only now.

Day 45 Since Sprouting..

So, its about mid way through week 7 since sprouting and the plants are doing well. Incase your not aware i have got rid of one of my auto's and the photo plant so now have just 4 remaining plants, all auto-anesthesia.

The THC has been coming through allot over the last few days and absolutely stinks my house out now, 2 of the plants smell very distinctively of a sweet almost artificial frutiness, whereas the other two smell much more hazey/skunky. Not sure whether they will keep the two different scents throughout but i hope so :).

Anyways i took a load of shots of the buds in an attempt to get the THC on camera, which hasnt worked very well. But you can see some.

DSCF40321.jpg
DSCF40302.jpg
DSCF40291.jpg
DSCF40262.jpg
DSCF40252.jpg
DSCF40242.jpg
DSCF4018.jpg

So thats it for now, next time i take some pics i will be taking the plants to another room to get away from that bloody HPS light messing with my pictures lol. Anyway take care all :)

:Namaste:

They look very good ! :goodjob:

But still dont got my answer. What's the cmxcm on your room? I can see they fit just great 4 inside!

Keep em green !

Haha sorry man, completely forgot. Just measured it up now and got one hell of a suprise!!

I was completely wrong about the measurements, i guessed when i wrote them and apparently i am rubbish at guessing the size of things lol!!

Its actually:
158cm Tall
156cm Wide
100cm deep

Wow so big your plants! And mine is like 80 days and your's grew so much faster than mine! 45 days from sprouting and they're all loaded and so big already!

Thanks kitty, dont let the size fool you though, most of their size is made of stem lol, all the buds are near the top of each plant, not sure why they got so leggy though, either way yours is a beast and no doubt allot healthier than mine.

On that note, i have just got my calmag and ph down so hopefully be able to stop the yellowing/other crap soon. :)

Wow Soup, those look great! Makes you want to reach in there and pick! Good growing! Glad to hear you got your pH under control, that will definitely make things easier. You're on your way now!

Thanx for the info bro !

I think I'll keep just one room, the tent for the moment ... anyway I have 7 left out of 8 .. 1 didnt make it. So I hope to get enough space.
If u have time and pleasure you can take an eye @ my #5 :Namaste:

Did you see any changes now with your pH down? what level is your pH, with nuts on ?

I remember I had same problem with the big fan leafes ... they turn in yellow, and I had that time a pH test kit and pH up/down also... so the control of my pH was ok, my mind was at the heat from the HPS, or that that's just normal .. dono ... maybe some1 less newbie than me can answer from where all of this yellow . Pics from last year same time grow :tokin:
2014-01-06-059.jpg
2014-01-06-057.jpg

...as you can see and I wanna mention that I had this yellow in my other grows too !

Keep em green mate! :Namaste: (cuz we all try this)

I wish i knew what that yellowing is, i have had it every grow so far (2 before this one) and i assumed maybe nutrient lockout because of bad PH.. but mine looked the same as yours and if yours is not PH then im not sure :/

But its meant to be normal in late flowering as the plant uses up the nutrients in the leaves, just like leaves fall from trees in autumn, so it depends if it happened late into flower or early i suppose, That plant looks great though! how did it turn out? nice smoke?

I only started using my calmag and PH down tonight when i flushed the plants so not sure yet, but will keep you all updated ofcource :). And i already read your whole #1 journal last night! it took ages haha but i was impressed man! Ill check out your #5 tomoz for sure! off to bed now though :)

- edit - my ph metre has not been delivered yet so i use a crappy colour card thing and take water samples, i think i flushed at about PH 6

Indeed mate ! Indeed ! The yellow come from mid-to late flower stage. And from my experience first it start at the big fan leafes than spread out on the others too ( close to the finish flower stage).
You're right it's like autumn come into my tent :)
The smoke was ok from last year. Not very strong but decent. I croop 120-130 g from 2 plants.... so for me was fair enough. The seeds was something I got from my last smokes so I didint expect much.

I never try coco grow, but as much as I can remember from first grow the pH have to be like 6.5 into soil .. if it's lower value, the intake of P, Ca and Mg is no longer available.

And I have to mention that I use same "crappy colour card" to check my pH value. I have a rudimentary pH test kit also with water samples. But it's better than nothing and worked for me till now :)

Thanx for take an eye @ my journals :thanks: #1 was almost 3 years ago.

Keep autumn out of your grow room bro ! (Keep em green ! ) :Namaste:

Day 50 Since Sprouting..

Hey all, got another picture update here. As for the plants themselves, they have been doing quite well, packing on the trichomes now which is making them stink so strongly! The yellowing that has affected 2 of the 4 plants seems to have halted i think, not increasing anyway, and i have been feeding IONIC bloom / calmag + PH down (to PH 6).

I only took pictures of three of the plants as i had some issues trying to get them in a good light and got lazy, took a few to another room but it didnt help much with trying to get a good macro shot, had to give up and take some flash shots.. Anyway here is a load of shots of the plants some in flash some not.

IMG_241314.jpg
IMG_241916.jpg
IMG_241812.jpg
IMG_241717.jpg
IMG_242315.jpg
DSCF40451.jpg
DSCF40421.jpg
DSCF40462.jpg
DSCF40331.jpg
DSCF40683.jpg
DSCF40692.jpg
DSCF40702.jpg
DSCF40712.jpg
DSCF40741.jpg

This is the yellowed one.. as you can see allot of yellow leaves, dont think they are getting more yellow though, we shall see i guesse..
DSCF40822.jpg
DSCF40843.jpg
DSCF40851.jpg
DSCF40812.jpg
DSCF4088.jpg
DSCF40861.jpg

This one is a shot of some spots of necrosis on the sugar leaves, i only have this issue on this one plant but its on LOADS of the sugar leaves, not sure how long its been there or if its increasing.. Any ideas what this might be?..
IMG_241621.jpg

And another question for anyone who might have an idea... This is my PH down, it says for hydroponic use, which i assumed meant nothing and it would be fine for soil/coco/hydro, and with coco being similar to hydro i assumed it was fine.. but is it?? (its PHOSPHORIC ACID 25%)
IMG_242615.jpg

So thatll do for now i think :). Any suggestions are always welcome and any help with those issues i mentioned would be awesome! Thanks and cya soon.

-edit - Sorry but i have another question, I feed IONIC Bloom (coco), i heard ages ago someone suggested to me using the IONIC Grow throughout flower with the bloom.. is that a bad idea? I just wondered this minute maybe that would explain some of the yellowing? As i stopped feeding grow too early (as soon as i saw pistils)

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom