700W LED - Auto Topping Grow - 2 Plants

Cheers schtiggy!! Will the seeds still be autos? And are seeds coming from a Hermie plant Hermie seeds? I like the sound of that experimenting larkk.. I just don't have enough room lol I got enough room for 2 plants so I've got them on a rotation so that when I harvest one the other is starting to flower then I'll get another seed germed and keep it going like that until I've got a tent

Cheers schtiggy!! Will the seeds still be autos? And are seeds coming from a Hermie plant Hermie seeds? I like the sound of that experimenting larkk.. I just don't have enough room lol I got enough room for 2 plants so I've got them on a rotation so that when I harvest one the other is starting to flower then I'll get another seed germed and keep it going like that until I've got a tent
If it self pollinated then yes it will still be an auto, but possibly with a tendency to hermie. If it was pollinated by a stray male out in the woods who knows what you will get.

Hemi's right. The plant that pollinated itself (S1 self1) will produce seeds that are genetic copies of itself. The OTHER plants that are pollinated will produce seeds that are a cross of the 2 plants (F1 filial 1). The S1 seeds will be more likely to hermie because they are copies of a plant that was likely to hermie, and did so. The F1 should be stable. I have found this to be true with my own. Most seeds I have planted from my first hermie (S1), Jack Herrer auto, have hermied under light stress. That hermie also pollinated 2 other Jack Herrers that are stable so far. The cross breed seeds (F1), which are a cross of JH auto and Revolver auto, (I call it Lilly Jack) have never produced a hermie. Now that I have the seeds from the JH that I can expect to hermie, I can plant one of them in a tent with 3 other strains that I want to cross. If the JH hermies, I'll put a fan behind it and dust the other 3.

Hemi, I know you are very interested in this stuff too. If you see any issues with my "math", let me know. I am more into the mechanical and practical parts than how to label the seeds that are made so if you see anything I missed....

Hemi, I know you are very interested in this stuff too. If you see any issues with my "math", let me know. I am more into the mechanical and practical parts than how to label the seeds that are made so if you see anything I missed....
I'm by no means an expert, just a hobby of mine, but it does appear you have explained it correctly. I only try to breed seeds for same strain right now. Once I feel I have it working 100% then I will try crossing different strains. It's just so addicting once you start doing it.

Thanks for the info guys never knew that but once I get a bigger space that will be useful indeed!! I'll probs just throw any seeds if I get any.. I'm praying not lol

Hey Beast,

Thought I might drop a few pics of this Early Miss. We discussed, in a few earlier discussions, a few topics that all converge with this girl. We spoke first about trouble I usually have getting a QUICK start under LED, which is why I always started under CFL and Fluoro. We then discussed topping at nodes beyond the third to create more main branches. We then discussed CO2 use, in a closed system. (That was a long recap :) ) Well this girl was able to get her quick start under LED - Because I used CO2 in a closed system (with text book perfect environmental conditions). I broke my rule again and waited until it was 16days to top, but this allowed me to top after the FIFTH stage (I cut out the 6th). I am pretty impressed with the size of the fans in the 2nd and 3rd stages.

IMG_025955.JPG
IMG_025754.JPG

Goliath taking good care of them plants brother!! Looks mint mate.. a quick question.. my plant is coming to the end and ive noticed a couple amber trichomes but alot are milky and a few that are clear but definitely coming towards the end but when would you suggest I start my flush?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mufc - are you growing in soil or hydro? Hydro is quite easy to flush and if i recall correctly it take around a week or so, perhaps a bit less. With soil it takes around 2 weeks to flush during which time your trich's will still amber up. More amber = more couchlock. I would say you are probably good to go with flushing from around now. Soil can be a pain to flush as it requires 3x the amount the pot holds so a 2 gallon pot will require 6 gallons every 2-4 days and after the first couple of gallons the water will take ages to drain through. If you have a large amount of space bewteen the base of the plant and the top of the tub it will help as you can pour more water through a lot more quickly. My plants soil was level with the rim so took me ages, i eventually gave up with a full proper flush and could only do around 2x the amount required and only flushed on 2 occasions. Hope this helps.

Nice one Glasgrow I'm growing in soil so off ur advice I'm gona go ahead and start flush tonight. Ive got about 4inches of space between top of the soil and top of of the pot so hopefully won't take me too long but I'll roll a joint to help me along the way lol

Sorry only just seen this message didnt hightlight as usual? If in soil just give plain water for 10 to 14 days and harvest mate.hydro i cnt comment cause never grown that way .happy growing;)

Glasgrow flushing in soil in easy mate .u just cut out all feed. then feed as normal as they need it for 10 to 14 days with plain water;) hope this helps.happy growing;)

Cheers beast mate im looking forward to harvest now!! Looks and smells amazing thanks to you spacef and schtiggy! All told me to wait it out when I thought she was a hermie

Sent from my GT-I9300 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I hear ya beast. The only problem i had was my plants didnt use up a lot of water. For flushing the 1st gallon went through fairly steadily then the soil became water-logged. Took an age after that for more water to go through.

With 4" mufc it will help as once the water reaches the rim of the pot and slows down there will be a puddle of water on top of the soil giving you time to chill out while it seeps through. Once it donw then you can pour water on again till you have given all the water required.

Back
Top Bottom