A Sad Sad Grow Journal

They top plant was basically a stick a few weeks ago, lol It wasn't HST - it was an (unintentionally) abused plant. I almost threw it out but decided to use it as a "test" plant. I used LST on that one first and it recovered right away, which is why I felt comfortable using it on the main two plants.

I do have 2 thermometers/hydrometers that I keep right at the top of the leaf level of the plants and monitor the temperature fairly regularly (you can see one at the top of the last pic). I may have turn my the sensors on their side they currently face upwards, which may be giving me incorrect reading. I'll adjust the sensors and raise the lights a bit.

Thanks for the input. :)

I just bought a 1200 watt led for my from for like 116 I'll send you the link muraydog

be humble and kind! :)
New to growing
How do they sell them so cheap? Keep me updated on the light during your grow. Thats too much power for me but I'd consider some of their smaller ones if they restock and you are still happy with your light after your grow.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This is 1200 watt led in a 4x8

420-magazine-mobile1185182205.jpg

be humble and kind! :)
New to growing

Muraydog!! I wouldn't worry about too much power/light, just too much heat.
Check these 18 day old baby plants out, they are growing under a mars hydro 300 light. Actual power consumption is less than 150 watts, and it makes plants happy! $70 or less delivered.
420-magazine-mobile1300570286.jpg

This light is a fantastic light for beginners like us, not expensive and works well. When I flip to flower, I have 2 other LED lights and a really small HPS and it seems to be working, but I am just a rookie for the most part. Hang in there, and take all advice people give you. Lights are far more important to take seriously than seems obvious when we start this adventure. Best luck, and subbed!!

425Jesse - Grow 2 - A Journey With Super Silver Haze From Seed In Soil

Jolly Rancher Sativa - A Rookie Adventure Indoors

DAY 82: March 9
Watered with pH adjusted water supplemented with Liquid Karma ( courtesy a generous friend .)

Three older plants are looking good ( as far as i know!). Seeing new growth. Have 4 little babies that are doing well too.
420-magazine-mobile1826381564.jpg
420-magazine-mobile282453209.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2071919410.jpg

Sent telepathically from my Febreze air freshener

Cheap setup using little led spots flash 6x 8w 490lumens 6000 kelvin

15 x 5w 370 lumens 2700k kelvin. Im thinking of adding 10-15 more of these.

Plants are almost 3 weeks old

420-magazine-mobile725236644.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1555245867.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1014665582.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My 1st grow that finished with 2 x 8w and 2 x 5.

I also over watered and got gnats . .......ended up only get 8 grams from my first grow

420-magazine-mobile2027889139.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My 1st grow that finished with 2 x 8w and 2 x 5.

I also over watered and got gnats . .......ended up only get 8 grams from my first grow

That sucks. This is my first grow and I've made lots of mistakes, but I've been able to resuscitate almost dead plants.

That sucks. This is my first grow and I've made lots of mistakes, but I've been able to resuscitate almost dead plants.

They are amazing compared to when I seen them in person. I think your soil/medium might have you covered now if you are only using water and Liquid Karma. That stuff is truly the nectar of the gods. The little autos are looking great. If they stretch to much lift them a little closer to the light a bit at a time so you don't burn the little girls. There is an auto thread that is amazing also here that I am kind of living on as I love autos and want to learn more as I think I can make them worth while. These people are doing everything you shouldn't to autos. Some things are amazing and some just prove you shouldn't but well worth the time. I can help with 75-90% of you auto questions.

Ladi aka The Meter Man

DAY 83: Mar 10
(seedlings day 10)
mar10-1.jpg
mar10-2.jpg
mar10-3.jpg

DAY 86: Mar 13

watered everybody thoroughly with pH adjusted tap water and added Liquid Karma. With the fabric pots and the ProMix soil, I have to be sure the water gets to all areas. I don't think I watered them enough last time since it has only been 4 days since I last watered.

DAY 88: Mar 15

Watered seedlings. Added some ProMix to top. Lower leaves are browning. They look like they need nutes but I'm not ready to switch them to larger pots yet.

DAY 90: Mar 17

Moved seedlings (day 17) to 3 gallon fabric pots in ProMix soil and watered with pH adjusted tap water with added Liquid Karma. They were partially root-bound but the newest growth looks really good.

Because I a total of 7 plants in 3 gallon pots, I had to open up my tent to utilize the whole floor space. This means the light is now slightly diluted. I have one 10,000 lumen fixture with CFLS on my 3 main plants (which are a little squished together), and an identical fixture on 3 seedlings. The 4th seedling has it's own 2700 lumen CFL. Additionally, I have a 4 foot fluorescent light fixture down the back of tent, adding a bit more light.

tent96.jpg

Mar18-3.jpg

The goddamn cat got in the tent and nibbled at the edges of my main plants. (At least he ignored the seedlings). He then promptly ran the closest carpet to vomit it up.

The culprit: Mommy's Little Asshole:

DAY 91: Mar 18

The seedlings (day 18) are looking good since I put in bigger pots. Damage has been done to lower leaves but they otherwise look healthy.
Mar18-7.jpg
Mar18-6.jpg
Mar18-5.jpg

DAY 95: Mar 22
(seedlings day 22)

mar_22-7.jpg
mar_22-2.jpg
mar_22-5.jpg
mar_22-6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom