Indoor Hydro using the Flo N Gro system using 18 pots w/ 55 gallon res
Size of light?........ (2) 1000 watt digital ballast lights
Is it aircooled?.........yes
Temp of Room/cab?............Usually 75 degrees in a 4x8 tent
RH of Room/cab?........Generally between 35 to 45%
PH of media or res?...........Between 5.5 and 6.2
Any Pests ?...........no way
How often are you watering?.........3 times during the lights on cycle
Type and strength of ferts used?........Exact ferts used and measurements undisclosed at this time.

I'm running a test on this tent and will compare it to tent 3 of my current grow.
Sorry about the lack of pictures at this time but they have seemed to have disappeared :thedoubletake:
I will get some pictures up tomorrow and also the cool way I'm cleaning my hydroton so it can be reused!

If you ever have any questions please feel free to ask and any suggestions please please please chime in!!

Hope you enjoy the journal!

Ohh I am going to! :thumb: Yeah baby way to get this going so early A1. I think this will be your best run yet.
How old are the clones that you have for this tent?
I am along for this hydro ride :surf:

:peace: and good luck brotha!

Here is a picture of the mothers after we repotted them into bigger containers and then pruned them all. Check out the new T5 setup
IMG_059516.JPG

Picture of the clones going into this tent
IMG_060012.JPG

So first things first. Do you reuse your hydroton but cleaning it is just a PITA???
I have a solution to get it clean and any bad bacteria or bugs done killed!

First thing I do is get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it 3/4 full with the old hydroton. I then add ONE cup of H202 and then fill with water. Get ready to watch the fizz! I have a metal spoon that I stir it all up with. The old roots will start to float to the top. I got back every hour and give it a stir. After 24 hours I skim the top of the water to get rid of the roots that have floated to the top.
IMG_060211.JPG

Now it's ready to go into the cement mixer. easily had for around 140 bucks.
IMG_06037.JPG

I found the screen at home depot and form fitted it to fit the lip of the mixer and as you can see it's held in place by the clamps.
After the hydroton is in and the screen is on I fill it with one cup bleach and then turn it on and filler up!!
IMG_060411.JPG

You can see the foamin action! I let it run for a good 5 minutes and then start to lower the bucket as I keep putting the water in. I can see the old roots sticking to the screen. Once I think I've gotten all the roots and have rinsed it well enough I stop and let everything drain. Then into the bucket it goes
IMG_060513.JPG

As you can see there ARE roots stuck to the screen
IMG_060611.JPG

That is one impressive selection of mothers A1!!. I'ts all coming along nicely.

Thanks progreen!
We are starting to move some mothers out to make way for some new ones. We have a new Blackwater OG plant that we think is going to be special! I'm trying to be very selective in what I grow. Test here test there. Keep one strain toss another out until I have exactly what I want.

Alrighty then, removed the dm Zone that had been soaking in the system for 24 hrs out. I then sprayed water over the hydroton and buckets with the garden hose and let the flo n gro system suck it all out. i drained all THAT too! Now have water in the system flushing everything and once I get to a close PPM of my tap water I'll be ready to plant my clones in the system.

Great Idea there Alaska. It's sure a royal pain having to wash out grow rocks. That sure should work great GL and Keepem Green

Really stuff A1 :thumb: I like that line up a lot and can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.
That is a lot of work cleaning those systems, but I know how you feel. Even with soil, we have to clean our pots and I have to rinse and clean my lava rocks ect ect. ~ always just so much to do.... LOL.

Hang in there buddy and I know this is going to be a great run for you :high-five:

:peace:

Really stuff A1 :thumb: I like that line up a lot and can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.
That is a lot of work cleaning those systems, but I know how you feel. Even with soil, we have to clean our pots and I have to rinse and clean my lava rocks ect ect. ~ always just so much to do.... LOL.

Hang in there buddy and I know this is going to be a great run for you :high-five:

:peace:

We need a couple good runs to try and make back what we have invested. I'm still leary about this tent since it did have root rot. I cleaned cleaned cleaned but all it takes is one little missed spot for something to happen. I know my hand tissue is dead from all the chemicals I used cleaning it all up :)

Back
Top Bottom