Alaskan1 Indica Grow Tent #2

That is great A1! Hope all is well for you and yours.

Nice looking grow mate, bummer about the flooding. oonly read to page 3 then got lazy and skipped, did u rectify prob. Looking nice so far. im struggling to get my oxypots started as usual and for this reason i was meant to be growing using the iws dwc which can flood drain also, but had prob with delivery and company. so now i am dipping individual pots again and its a bit of a head bust. on the plus side i shouldnt get less than 6oz per plant. plants look real healthy and tent is packed, just how i like it mate. keep it up.
HEY Cultivator!
Yes, it was a faulty controller and Titan replaced the controller for me! Those guys are great! They next day aired me the controller!
Ever since the replacement no flooding of my room which my wife appreciates lol

Thats great...I could just see me coming home from work to see my ceiling collapsed and water all over kitchen floor because of a faulty controller, I dont think my other half would be happy lol. How much bud are u averaging per grow or per plant? I really like dwc but i have issues getting it started, i always manage but always have something to deal with in early veg. Im tempted to swith to flood drain for my personal setup just for ease. I have lots of grows running at once and spend a lot of time at diff places. I dont experiment too much at these grows as it needs to be right everytime and some of the guys that manage them arent experienced. However in my personal grow space i like to try new things and experiment. Maybe flood and drain would suit me better, thats if poundage is in right ball park! lol

Thats great...I could just see me coming home from work to see my ceiling collapsed and water all over kitchen floor because of a faulty controller, I dont think my other half would be happy lol. How much bud are u averaging per grow or per plant? I really like dwc but i have issues getting it started, i always manage but always have something to deal with in early veg. Im tempted to swith to flood drain for my personal setup just for ease. I have lots of grows running at once and spend a lot of time at diff places. I dont experiment too much at these grows as it needs to be right everytime and some of the guys that manage them arent experienced. However in my personal grow space i like to try new things and experiment. Maybe flood and drain would suit me better, thats if poundage is in right ball park! lol

I'll take a stab at this one, too - hope you don't mind A1. I have grown and flowered a fair number of plants in DWC and flood/drain type systems like the Flo n Grow. Plus, I've been watching every journal I can find on this stuff for a while now! It's tough to beat DWC, especially RDWC for yield. You can still get a very nice yield from the Flo N Grow though, and if done right it will grow very sizable plants, if not quite as large as a decent RDWC done well.

Ease of use though? A system like the Flo N Grow is very easy to grow in and manage, much more so than any other style of hydro I've seen or done. Once it's dialed in, for me anyway, I only check the PH and top it off with a little water a few times a week, and then change it out once a week (about a 45 minute process total for me, including cleaning the reservoir). It's the simplicity and comparable yields that have kept me from moving to a RDWC system like I'd originally planned. The biggest plant I've grown in mine so far was around 6oz, but that's under a pair of 400w lamps, in cramped quarters. Light is the biggest factor in yield, so a little more light and/or space and that could have been 8-10z easy.

Alaskan1 has been growing with much larger lights and set-ups and can probably add some unique experiences/insight on yield as he's really pushing more for yield than I have too, but I thought I'd weigh in since I have a nearly identical, smaller set-up to Alaskan1's.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks x. I love dwc, i think its just i always have issues in the first week or 2. Should have been growing in the iws RDWC but wen i ordered it they didnt have the right lids for the pots and tried to tell me 3 weeks! Thats no good to me. I'll plod on with the individual pots for now. I was just wondering on what the difference per square foot under 600w hps or 1000w hps. I usually flower most my grows under 4 600w hps, although i do have 4 larger grows.

Thanks x. I love dwc, i think its just i always have issues in the first week or 2. Should have been growing in the iws RDWC but wen i ordered it they didnt have the right lids for the pots and tried to tell me 3 weeks! Thats no good to me. I'll plod on with the individual pots for now. I was just wondering on what the difference per square foot under 600w hps or 1000w hps. I usually flower most my grows under 4 600w hps, although i do have 4 larger grows.

I have averaged between 1 1/2 and 2 pounds of dry meds per tent in my 4x8 tent with 2 1000 watt lights. i am sure i could grow as much as 3 to 4 pounds if done correctly. I have yet to try a SOG or SCROG and that might improve results. also, perhaps bassmans high defoliation would improve results as well.
Like X has said, with ease of use you can't beat the Flo n gro system and I can't see myself using anything else. Changing the res is a snap. i just use a small sump pump, attach a garden to it and lower it into the res. It drains into the bathtub. Then I clean the res with a bleach mixture, wipe clean and refill with water and nutes.
if i were to do tents again i'd try it with 8 pots total and see just how big a grow i could get. I have been using the tents with 18 pots and thats just WAY too many.

Your grow always impresses me as does the amount of effort and knowledge you put in. I just LSTed my GDP and still have 4 weeks of veg. She is finally mature and nodes are staggering. Good times and hopefully a great smoke. Keep up the great work whether it is 8 or 18 pots per tent. I love watching you work your magic.

:thumb:

looks like I have about 10% amber right now in the tics at the moment. I think I will let these grow two more weeks as they are and then start the flush process. I really want to get the couchlock effect from these plants as I need some sleep aid relief.
Something else I'm going to try this grow as well. I'm going to clip the top colas and then let the ones at the bottom get some light and harvest them later. See if that helps my production.

I am here for you brother!

I am here for you brother!

Thanks TG!!! I appreciate that, I really do.
I'm in a funk I can't seem to get out of lately. I pull myself out for a day or two and then I'm back into it again. I have tons of work to do but no ambition. I guess the biggest part to all of this was the loss of the money needed to complete the grow room I was doing and then having to go back to tents. Now, I'm doing all this work to the tent room that I will all have to undo at some point when I DO happen to get the money to finish the room. My clones are just being lil fuckers and not growing roots. My Urban Poison clones have roots all over. All the other plants the roots are a no show. WTF? Made a couple of changes, added a seedling heating pad and I think the rapid rooters were WAY too wet, no need for the clones to go looking for water as they had a ton of it right there. We shall see.
I'm sure my visit to see my Friend Norcaliwood will lift my spirits next week.

That is a bummer about the clones. I had some given to me that were not rooting. I recut the fuckers and used my usual process of doing the 45 and scraping under water and put them into rooting powder. Within a week they started rooting and have since taken off. I am using the wally world shultz rooting powder and have not had a single clone fail unless I purposely killed it.

Hi mate

It can be a chore at times when u have lots to do, i know how u feel there mate. If ur rooting pugs are too wet they will def slow root growth. I tend to stay away from rooting hormones as in my opinion the dont do the job better than plain h2o and ive tried many gels and powders. get the plugs on the heat mat and propogation lid over and as long as the clones are healthy that should do the trick. I wouldnt recommend pulling them out and re cutting stem. It does work but chances are ur roots will appear faster than they would if u do that. The heat mat should really help.

Hi A1!

Sorry I've been dealing with some health stuff lately and not posting as much.

On letting the plants go longer and doing a second harvest. I have a bit of experience with that. I grew a "Lavender" from Soma Seeds a few grows back. It was a mostly indica hybrid, and a really nice plant. I harvested the top colas at about 8 weeks or so if I remember correctly, then let the bottom halves of the plant stay on and ripen longer. Keep in mind that I don't like sleepy bud so much (though that is changing as I'm now having pretty severe sleep issues too). The top stuff harvested at 8 weeks was 10% amber or so, maybe not quite that much. The bottom half was harvested 2 weeks later, and unfortunately I don't remember how amber but the bud looked almost the same amount of "done" as the top stuff from 2 weeks earlier.

Here's the key part of feedback for you: the bottom that went 2 weeks longer was still pretty good bud, but it was definitely knock-out medicine. The negative: It lost a bit of nuance to the high and wasn't as good or strong at it's peak as the 8 week part of the plant. When I wasn't looking for help sleeping, I stayed away from the stuff because it was really narcotic (ie. sleepy!) stuff. A few times when I just wanted to sleep though? I loved the stuff. Better than any sleep aid I've tried. Next best by the way? Melatonin. Consider trying that too, if you haven't.

On the rooters... Definitely don't want them too moist or soggy. It takes a little practice but the best trick/tip I can give you is always use one extra rooter with nothing in it. Water it just like the others, and then you can pull it out and inspect it to see how well it's holding moisture without worrying about a cutting in it. I did this for a while and it really helped (to the point I can judge it pretty well without it now). After I pre-soak mine, I give them a little shake and a very light squeeze. I usually only need to add water to them every 3-4 days or so until they start to root.

I just had a few that rooted in them in 6 days (maybe less, at 6 days there were roots poking out everywhere already). Some strains (Super Lemon Haze for one) always take longer and can take up to 12-14 days. I don't put them under very direct light (under/near a couple of T-5 bulbs, but not even directly under) and I keep them under a misted humidity dome. I pre-soak the rooters in a Clonex solution at their lower suggested rate, and I use Roottech hormone gel to dip the cuttings in before putting them in rooters. I have the whole process in my blog if you're curious or haven't seen it. I'm just throwing it all out there since it's been working well for me - in case something there helps you.

Sure sorry to hear you've been down. I know how that goes and have struggled with that a lot this past year off and on. Money is a big issue for us right now too. I sure hope things look up for you my friend. Take care of yourself, and good luck with the sleep stuff.

Looks like I will wait one more week and then go ahead and start pulling the big colas and start a trimming. I took some pictures tonight with my scope and they are further along then I thought.
Image353.jpg

Image349.jpg

Looking good A1. Definitely time for the chop!

Dead mites, is is better than live, but I'd still give those plants a good wash before drying. Gotta get those off there, unless you want patients smokin' bugs. Also, I try not to look at leaf undersides as much as the triches on the actual calyxes. This gives a better idea of the condition of the flower itself.

Now that that's over, Good luck on the harvest!! :thumb: :rofl: ((just pokin' the bear))

Back
Top Bottom