Alaskan1 Does Indicas Tent #1

<<shudder>> Fire . . . I hear about it all the time . . . There's a saying at the hydro shop, "Fire will happen, be prepared, always." I don't know anyone that hasn't lost a ballast or a bulb to surges around here. I'm looking at getting one of those automatic extinguishers for my grow space. Seems like a nice measure with SMUD not doing anything about the surges we have. Lights go bright for a second or two at least every few days. I actually have my lights on a surge protector in case it goes too high. Hell, EVERYTHING is on a surge protector around here.

Those surges you guy's are experiencing may just run in coincidence of my new 6000w Flower room running. ;)

<<shudder>> Fire . . . I hear about it all the time . . . There's a saying at the hydro shop, "Fire will happen, be prepared, always." I don't know anyone that hasn't lost a ballast or a bulb to surges around here. I'm looking at getting one of those automatic extinguishers for my grow space. Seems like a nice measure with SMUD not doing anything about the surges we have. Lights go bright for a second or two at least every few days. I actually have my lights on a surge protector in case it goes too high. Hell, EVERYTHING is on a surge protector around here.

Yea, i'm also looking at that automatic flame supressant. $110 is a small price to pay for peace of mind. i'll need to buy 4 of those damn things though.

Yup, after losing a couple of digital timers, a coffee maker, a 42" LCD TV, DVR receiver, dehumidifier, window unit, and a dryer, I put everything I own on surge protectors. In my case, my house was struck by lightning. Glad there was no fire...and glad I have a good homeowners policy.

Luckily, we don't get much in the way of lightening here

surge protector on my next shopping list then, i got fire alarms so the neighbours would hear that and see smoke and then id be in the shit, the fire brigade coming in to put out my grow room fire would not go down to well at all,

Got a couple of shots, looks like i have another two weeks before harvest. Just starting to turn milky, some have a tad bit of amber already. I hate this part............waiting for the finish

Image265.jpg

Image256.jpg

Very nice A1. If I knew what reps were and how to give them I probably would. lol

What is the mixing ratio you use for h202? Then what are the steps you go through after you use it? I flushed out my my reservoir last night with water and used 1.5 tsp of h202. Is that right and what should I do next?

Very nice A1. If I knew what reps were and how to give them I probably would. lol

What is the mixing ratio you use for h202? Then what are the steps you go through after you use it? I flushed out my my reservoir last night with water and used 1.5 tsp of h202. Is that right and what should I do next?

Ok, lesson #1
see at the bottom of every post where it says 'blog this post' on the left? right next to it is a star just click on the star and it stays add to reputation, just put your comment in and click "add to reputation'' it's how we get our little bars above our names

When i flush I use pure water and nothing else. I'm not too sure H202 is what you want to be using for a flush. Something like floraflush or another flushing agent is what you'd want to use IF you used anything.
What is it your trying to accomplish is my question? Just changing the res of nutes? final flush of plants? Once I know this I can better answer your question.

Ok, lesson #1
see at the bottom of every post where it says 'blog this post' on the left? right next to it is a star just click on the star and it stays add to reputation, just put your comment in and click "add to reputation'' it's how we get our little bars above our names

When i flush I use pure water and nothing else. I'm not too sure H202 is what you want to be using for a flush. Something like floraflush or another flushing agent is what you'd want to use IF you used anything.
What is it your trying to accomplish is my question? Just changing the res of nutes? final flush of plants? Once I know this I can better answer your question.

Sorry A1 I used the wrong terminology. It was not a flush necessarily that I was after but more of a nute change. I was basically asking you for a little clarification on what you wrote in my journal. " H202 will not kill the bacteria. Will help to keep root rot at bay though. When I run H202 I put it in the res when I change the nutes, the next day i will add the hygrozyme and Orca after the H202 has had a chance to break down a bit. " So do you put in the h202 along with the new nutes and the next day add hygrozyme and orca? And my apologies to everyone. I am not trying to take over A1's journal. He told me to ask him questions here.
Thank you

Sorry A1 I used the wrong terminology. It was not a flush necessarily that I was after but more of a nute change. I was basically asking you for a little clarification on what you wrote in my journal. " H202 will not kill the bacteria. Will help to keep root rot at bay though. When I run H202 I put it in the res when I change the nutes, the next day i will add the hygrozyme and Orca after the H202 has had a chance to break down a bit. " So do you put in the h202 along with the new nutes and the next day add hygrozyme and orca? And my apologies to everyone. I am not trying to take over A1's journal. He told me to ask him questions here.
Thank you

LW, it's perfectly fine to ask questions here. For you or anyone else for that matter. It's not considered taking over someones journal .

Here is a breakdown of how i change nutes

drain the 55 gallon res
I have a spray bottle that is mixed with 1/4 bleach and 3/4 water and I spray down my 55 gallon res with this mixture. I then take a clean towel and then wipe down the entire res. I then spray my pumps and hoses with the same mixture and wipe those down as well. I change the airstones with clean ones. How I clean my airstones is I put them in a 5 gallon bucket and cover all the stones with water and then I add H202 (about a cup) and then let them soak for a few days and then rinse well.

i add water to my 55 gal res and start adding nutes. After the nutes i add the H202. I let that mix for about 10 minutes and then adjust the PH as needed. I let this go for 24 hours. Then the next night I add my hygrozyme and then orca and adjust the PH again. Make sense?

LW, it's perfectly fine to ask questions here. For you or anyone else for that matter. It's not considered taking over someones journal .

Here is a breakdown of how i change nutes

drain the 55 gallon res
I have a spray bottle that is mixed with 1/4 bleach and 3/4 water and I spray down my 55 gallon res with this mixture. I then take a clean towel and then wipe down the entire res. I then spray my pumps and hoses with the same mixture and wipe those down as well. I change the airstones with clean ones. How I clean my airstones is I put them in a 5 gallon bucket and cover all the stones with water and then I add H202 (about a cup) and then let them soak for a few days and then rinse well.

i add water to my 55 gal res and start adding nutes. After the nutes i add the H202. I let that mix for about 10 minutes and then adjust the PH as needed. I let this go for 24 hours. Then the next night I add my hygrozyme and then orca and adjust the PH again. Make sense?

Got it. Thanks

A1. How long you Veg for? I need to start flowering more plants. Do you do the 36hrs darkness like Bass? The plants with the nuts and bolts in my grow journal weighted down are they ready? I've never sent anything into bloom this young or small.

A1. How long you Veg for? I need to start flowering more plants. Do you do the 36hrs darkness like Bass? The plants with the nuts and bolts in my grow journal weighted down are they ready? I've never sent anything into bloom this young or small.
Depends on what i'm growing. I usually veg for 4 to 5 weeks, never any longer then that. I'm betting i'll be vegging longer now that I have the room for bigger plants. i'll have to play it by ear the first grow or two
Yeah, I liked the nuts and bolts idea, being a mechanic I have tons a those around here in my shop

Back
Top Bottom