Alaskan1 Does Indicas Tent #1

A1 you didn't say if you turned off your lights for 36 hours between veg and flower? What does that do?

You must not sleep much or if you do it is during the day. I see you post a lot in the middle of the night. I was thinking you might be a vampire but then you wouldn't be able to check on your plants. l:nomo:

A1 you didn't say if you turned off your lights for 36 hours between veg and flower? What does that do?

You must not sleep much or if you do it is during the day. I see you post a lot in the middle of the night. I was thinking you might be a vampire but then you wouldn't be able to check on your plants. l:nomo:

Sorry about that......I just flip the plants, no dark for 36 hours. Not sure what that is suppose to do.

YES, i am a vampire lol. I usually don't crawl into bed until 5am. I get more work done when my wife is asleep. i just love being around my wife so when she is up i don't get much done. Funny story.......I had the biggest crush on her when we were in high school. couldn't talk to her lol Finally after 35 years I got to marry her. Strange how things work out in life.

So, i have some slight issues in tent 1
I have one bud that has dried out. The leaves on this bud crumble to dust if you try to bend them at all. I also have some other leaves on the plants that are dry as well. If I didn't know any better I'd also say i have a slight case of nute burn because the tips of the leaves look like nute burn but I know that can't be the case. I found that my PH was down to 5.3 and I didn't check the plants last night due to building the new room. Adjusted the PH, i think tomorrow I'll flush.
Rest of the buds on the same plant look fine
IMG_073415.JPG

IMG_073221.JPG

24-36 hours of darkness (or so) at the flip is thought to speed up the transition to flower when you make the flip. This reeks of myth, but there does seem to be something to it. I have added this to my process for the last few grows. Some people suggest 24-36 hours of dark at the end before harvest, but I've seen that one proven as a myth with some pretty convincing comparisons. The 36 hour dark period at flip may be less impactful if you vegged using the 12-1 method (gas lantern routine).

Basically, I leave the lights off for one night, then the next night starts flower for me. Many growers here do this now.

Alaskan1, I think you missed a part of Light Workers question from earlier perhaps... Do you use the 35% h2o2 or the 3% that you find at Walgre*ns etc? (I'm curious too).

I don't know what the heck happened to your crispy bud - what a bummer. I've never seen anything like that, except when a branch was broken or split bad below the bud.

Looking good my friend - I almost stole that design of Jandre's for an avatar, too. I figured someone would - it's pretty sweet really a good call! :thumb:

Lastly, thanks for sharing your nute change process. I just changed mine slightly... I clean the res with bleach and water like you. While I'm doing that, I have the pump and the airstone soaking in about 8" of h2o2 water in a bucket. Once the reservoir is cleaned, wiped, I just wipe off the pump lines/hoses and airstone hose with some of the h2o2 water, and stick them in my second reservoir, which is pre-filled with ro filtered water and ready to go. Your method is a bit more thorough, but that's what's been working nicely for me lately.

I don't even measure the h2o2, I just chuck a little in the bucket with enough water to cover the pump and the airstone, which I leave running in the bucket while I'm cleaning the res. I have a second res, too, as mentioned to make this process really pretty quick. Once I clean my res, I hook it up to the RO unit, while the second res (already Pre-filled with RO) becomes the primary res. Sorry if that's confusing...

the only time i seen some damaged bud on one of my plants is when i was misting the plants, i noticed 1 bud looked badly burned like it had been to close to the light but it was lower down the plant, when i mentioned i misted the plants i was soon told that this is what caused the problem, so i no longer mist, so could it be that this is the cause of the problem, could something of been spilt on the bud and caused it to burn with the light, just thought id mention what happened to me

I'll try to answer this as I'm doing it from my phone. Our cable got cut off as some idiot from the construction company cut the main line. We have been told it may not be fixed until Monday. I haven't misted these plants at all. The stem was one I had pinched and bent over a month ago and was doing fine up until this week. Really have no clue what the hell is going on with it.
I am using the commercial grade H202 which I believe is 29%.

Spoke with the cable company again tonight and apparently AMD someone got ahold of the construction company owners home phone number and started handing out to everyone. The cable should be back on by the am. No later then tomorrow afternoon. Sounds like he paying the cable company's overtime to get it done ASAP lol imagine that!

It's sad to say it....but money is a motivator to the cable companies. Glad you're getting internet back soon, though.

Ak1 I have 1 just like that on my grapefruit I cut it off. This is weird. it feels like its dry/nut burned. god I hope the rest of the plant don't start doing this. Mine was like Ak's bent weeks ago shouldn't b this way (branch repaired itself). Maybe this is a result of my PH running a way a week ago.
IMG_039317.JPG

Back
Top Bottom