Alaskan1 Does Indicas Tent #1

The leaves turn yellow an a LOT of plants toward end of life. The plant is putting unused raw materials down into the soil, for the most part, and removing carbohydrates from the leaves. In hydro we help this along by stopping nutrient regimen two weeks before harvest, and give only pure water to allow the plant to consume itself, and the stored nutrients and carbohydrates in the tissues. If you are not doing this I suggest that you start with this current grow you have going right now.

Thanks for answering that Jandre! My plants have been on pure water now for almost a week. ONE more week to go and we will be pulling plants

Thanks for answering that Jandre! My plants have been on pure water now for almost a week. ONE more week to go and we will be pulling plants

well... I was telling dp.p that for his benefit, rather than checking up on your flush, lol. You and I talked about that at length almost a year ago.

well... I was telling dp.p that for his benefit, rather than checking up on your flush, lol. You and I talked about that at length almost a year ago.
I remember!
i usually run an flushing agent but this time decided to just try a pure water flush and see if I notice a difference. I probably won't is my thinking.

I remember!
i usually run an flushing agent but this time decided to just try a pure water flush and see if I notice a difference. I probably won't is my thinking.

I never have... And the thought of putting sugar in water for a hydro grow send me thinking about pythium, and other nasties growing.

ANNOUNCEMENT:::: My new blend of mycorrhizae that I will have on my site by Sunday is totally BADASS for HYDROPONICS and is safe to use with DM Root ZONE!!! After speaking with multiple scientists who specialize in mycorrhizal applications, an elevated copper solution will not affect mycorrhizal growth at all. I have also gotten the go-ahead to send in root samples to a laboratory specializing in mycorrhizae analysis. Alaskan1...we need to talk. call me bro. I need some samples to send in after you use my mocorrhizae blend. I will be contacting XLR8 as well. I can't send in too many samples but yall use the root zone product with every flower cycle and I need more data!

ANNOUNCEMENT:::: My new blend of mycorrhizae that I will have on my site by Sunday is totally BADASS for HYDROPONICS and is safe to use with DM Root ZONE!!! After speaking with multiple scientists who specialize in mycorrhizal applications, an elevated copper solution will not affect mycorrhizal growth at all. I have also gotten the go-ahead to send in root samples to a laboratory specializing in mycorrhizae analysis. Alaskan1...we need to talk. call me bro. I need some samples to send in after you use my mocorrhizae blend. I will be contacting XLR8 as well. I can't send in too many samples but yall use the root zone product with every flower cycle and I need more data!

hmmmm... Sounds interesting. And it's compatible with elevated copper levels/sterile systems. Very interesting indeed.

Well then, i'll need some of that badass mycorrhizae of yours lol. Be happy to do anything for you I can. i'll call you tomorrow!

thanks for the info jandre, i did flush my other plants last time round but i was worried about giving them to much water, i was told to use 3 times as much water as the pot size, so a 3 gallon pot would need flushing with 9 gallons of water, is this right, is this what i should be doing, maybe i never flushed enough last time then, i just didnt want to over water and have problems with mold in the buds or anything else like that, so i need to flush 2 weeks before harvest then dont give any nutes what so ever and just give plain water as needed, maybe this is why my purple autos are not turning purple, me thinks me been giving them to much N, oops thanks mate, explains a lot, my plants still looked really healthy even when the trichs where turning amber, i had no yellow leaves, the plant just looked how it always looked, bpn goodness at work,

ill give it a try with the plants i got going now, ill flush 2 weeks before harvest with 3 times the size of the pot, unless you say other wise, then let them drain and only water if needed with plain water, once these plants in the big pots are out the way ill be giving a dwc scrog a try, that is if my temps are ok in the res, but ill still be doing some 2ltr dwc hempies along side these and all ready started some,
thanks again for all the info you give me, ill try and reps you if it lets me

thanks for the info jandre, i did flush my other plants last time round but i was worried about giving them to much water, i was told to use 3 times as much water as the pot size, so a 3 gallon pot would need flushing with 9 gallons of water, is this right, is this what i should be doing, maybe i never flushed enough last time then, i just didnt want to over water and have problems with mold in the buds or anything else like that, so i need to flush 2 weeks before harvest then dont give any nutes what so ever and just give plain water as needed, maybe this is why my purple autos are not turning purple, me thinks me been giving them to much N, oops thanks mate, explains a lot, my plants still looked really healthy even when the trichs where turning amber, i had no yellow leaves, the plant just looked how it always looked, bpn goodness at work,

ill give it a try with the plants i got going now, ill flush 2 weeks before harvest with 3 times the size of the pot, unless you say other wise, then let them drain and only water if needed with plain water, once these plants in the big pots are out the way ill be giving a dwc scrog a try, that is if my temps are ok in the res, but ill still be doing some 2ltr dwc hempies along side these and all ready started some,

That would be correct. To flush soil it's 3 times the pot size

Well, you wouldn't do "The Flush" in soil. What I'm referring to is for your HYDRO plants you have. But I would stop feeding and give only water for the last week in soil, too. Some growers prefer to flush their soil pots about two weeks before harvest, and then not feed them to let them consume the nutes they have stored, and to let the plants use up the carbohydrates stored in the roots and stem base, to get rid of any off flavor, though. So if you're smelling a bit of alfalfa smell, this is something I would do to help that.

Also, if you let them go a tiny bit longer than normal, this also helps with the lawn clipping smell as well.

Heres a thought on hydro flushing... A flush with 1/4 strength nutrients is supposed to be a good way to go, and more effective at actual flushing than straight water alone. I can't remember the science behind that anymore, but I've seen this suggested by multiple sources (one was a nutrient company). It did seem to work fairly well the couple of times I tried it, and it seems there was a good scientific explanation that I can no longer recall...

Corey, cool news on the Myco! Let me know more specifically what you'd like me to do for that with the root sample(s). What about h2o2 and Myco? I'm not using it as a regular additive myself, but I believe Alaskan1 is... Just a thought, maybe not a big deal?

Heres a thought on hydro flushing... A flush with 1/4 strength nutrients is supposed to be a good way to go, and more effective at actual flushing than straight water alone. I can't remember the science behind that anymore, but I've seen this suggested by multiple sources (one was a nutrient company). It did seem to work fairly well the couple of times I tried it, and it seems there was a good scientific explanation that I can no longer recall...

Corey, cool news on the Myco! Let me know more specifically what you'd like me to do for that with the root sample(s). What about h2o2 and Myco? I'm not using it as a regular additive myself, but I believe Alaskan1 is... Just a thought, maybe not a big deal?

I talked with Corey today on the phone. told him i'd run anything he wants me to run as long as it doesn't kill my plants

thanks for the info, its just my plants look really healthy at harvest, i got no yellow leaves but i have been harvesting at 100% cloudy to 10% amber so the trichs and buds where ready for harvest, im even letting the bluematic go a lot longer than need be, i harvested the main bud at 10% amber but left the lower buds on the plant as they are giving me seeds, so im letting this go as long as i can to make sure i get as many viable seeds as possible, but even the leaves on this are still green, i did flush this around 10 days ago with plenty of water and i have not watered it since as the soil is still really wet, and the only thing i notice is some of the leaves looks a bit lighter than others so i think this plant is now using up the nutes in the soil,

so ill make sure i flush these plants properly when the time comes and see how it goes from their,

thanks for all the info

Back
Top Bottom