Alaskan1 Does Indicas Tent #1

Waht do you mean that pic don't do justice? Looks pretty good from here. It's to hard to get a good pic under HPS I know. Well I'm going to catch up alittle on your grows. Keepem Green

For the HPS you might need to set a custom white balance. Your Camera has 2 floro settings, a tungsten setting and well as auto,flash, day light and cloudy. Reading the description of the floro settings I don't think either one will help, not sure if the tungsten refers to MH or not, but you can try one picture with each setting to see what happens. I think you will have to use a custom setting to get the color closer. Page 77 of the manual.

For the macro pictures of nugs have you tried setting it to manual focus? Set up a tripod?

I see you have not met ANY of our BPN ARMY...

Let me elucidate:

Corey, of Blue Planet Nutrients has the be THE BEST member/sponsor here. One you're around a bit and get into the grow journals a bit deeper, you'll see his Blue Planet avatar helping growers out, EVEN IF THEY DO NOT USE HIS PRODUCT. A real stand-up guy, open, and honest, and good to the core.

Now for those that use BPN, here is a link the the List of them (It's too long to put here).

BPN ARMY

Blue Planet Nutrients has been specifically formulated for Cannabis, and Corey makes no bones about his support here.

To check out the nutrients currently on the offering, go to this website.

Blue Planet Nutrients

That is an impressive army for sure. I will have to check out BPN when I run out.

For the HPS you might need to set a custom white balance. Your Camera has 2 floro settings, a tungsten setting and well as auto,flash, day light and cloudy. Reading the description of the floro settings I don't think either one will help, not sure if the tungsten refers to MH or not, but you can try one picture with each setting to see what happens. I think you will have to use a custom setting to get the color closer. Page 77 of the manual.

For the macro pictures of nugs have you tried setting it to manual focus? Set up a tripod?

On the macro setting I have not messed with the auto focus. I should try that as the auto focus on macro is just shit.
I'll play with the lighting settings and see what i can comeup with.
Thanks man

Alaskan1 whats your BPN mix for your veg, rooted, doing well.

I'm running 10g-10m-10b and 7.5 vita blue on a x10gal mix. I haven't been using the bloom booster in veg. Do you?
I'm at about 900-1000ppms. You?

I think I had ph meter issues a week or so ago and with all my attention building I neglected the veg a little.

Alaskan1 whats your BPN mix for your veg, rooted, doing well.

I'm running 10g-10m-10b and 7.5 vita blue on a x10gal mix. I haven't been using the bloom booster in veg. Do you?
I'm at about 900-1000ppms. You?

I think I had ph meter issues a week or so ago and with all my attention building I neglected the veg a little.

First week I run it at 50% of suggested then the second week I start them at 75% of suggested on the feeding schedule. On the bloom booster I use 100% of suggested. from there on out it's always 75% of suggested.
I also run H202, hygrozyme and Orca in veg, once they hit flower i stop using those and switch over to Dutch Masters Zone and Silica. Seems to work very well.
Hope that makes sense.

While working in the grow room last night I could smell a burning electrical something. Started looking and opened tent 1 and saw one light with a very dull looking light it was putting out. then I heard a POP and the light stopped working at all. ballast failed and when it went popped the bulb.
luckily i had a spare ballast and bulb. Called the company and they are going to replace everything for me.

While working in the grow room last night I could smell a burning electrical something. Started looking and opened tent 1 and saw one light with a very dull looking light it was putting out. then I heard a POP and the light stopped working at all. ballast failed and when it went popped the bulb.
luckily i had a spare ballast and bulb. Called the company and they are going to replace everything for me.

Damn, glad you had a spare. Whose Ballast?

Wow. Nice catch, lucky timing! :thumb:
Yeah, very lucky, even more lucky I keep spare parts!

Damn, glad you had a spare. Whose Ballast?
Company called I Power out of southern Calif

Damn, scares the hell out of me when a ballast goes pop. Fire hazards are always a concern of mine when growing.

Yeah, scares the hell outta me as well. I have 2 fire exstingiushers and a fire alarm in each room but still......

you got me worried now, how long do these ballasts last before they catch fire, mines a 400watt digital ballast,

i just read your comment about bpn, i wondered if you had done much testing with the doses you use, i follow the guide corey gives and have no problems so i want to try upping the dose, i spoke to corey and he said his doses are set basically in the middle of everything, what i mean is the guide he gives works with tap water, ro water, hard water and soft water so the guide works with all these conditions so their is some room for movement on the doses, he said to up the dose in scale with each other so thought id ask if you have tried this and if you have how far have you managed to push bpn, i use the 3 part plus bloom booster, ill be placing a new order around xmas, so just wondered how much movement their was with the dose, i dont have a ppm tester at the moment, just waiting on a start date for my new job then i can invest in some new toys to keep my girls very happy

you got me worried now, how long do these ballasts last before they catch fire, mines a 400watt digital ballast,

i just read your comment about bpn, i wondered if you had done much testing with the doses you use, i follow the guide corey gives and have no problems so i want to try upping the dose, i spoke to corey and he said his doses are set basically in the middle of everything, what i mean is the guide he gives works with tap water, ro water, hard water and soft water so the guide works with all these conditions so their is some room for movement on the doses, he said to up the dose in scale with each other so thought id ask if you have tried this and if you have how far have you managed to push bpn, i use the 3 part plus bloom booster, ill be placing a new order around xmas, so just wondered how much movement their was with the dose, i dont have a ppm tester at the moment, just waiting on a start date for my new job then i can invest in some new toys to keep my girls very happy

Digital ballasts should last quite awhile but like anything made by man shit can happen. this is what warranty is for.

What you feed your plants highly depends on the strain and if it's an indica or sativa. Sativa's are lighter feeders I have found to the indicas. I haven't noticed any difference in feeding them 100% to the 75% they are getting now. It saves money and if it's producing the same results why not feed them less and make your nutes last longer. Also, feeding your plants too much can cause lockout and burn. I'm always trying new things in my feeding schedules so since Corey has come out with new items it has basically thrown everything out the window i have tested IF I use his new products. And of course, i will try his new products.
I will try out all his new products and use the reccomended dosages as a base and after that test feeding after that so I can compare notes

i have an i-power 400watt digi dimi i went thru 3 same time i was blowing jdl's after it all got worked out i have had zero trouble with any of them, the rma with i-power was great good lil' ballast/reflector/bulb kit for 120 bones
im glad i missed the magnetic ballast days i saw one at the shop a 400hps holy crap it was bigger than both my jdl 600's stacked together! doode only wanted 30 but i passed all the same lol:thumb:
we did have an mh 600 bulb explode from a power outage/surge crazy to see metal and glass burn and melt! scarey too! im never far from my garden so all i need is an extinguisher handy, the shop swapped me for a new bulb in 2 seconds! and thank the gods my jdl was fine!

<<shudder>> Fire . . . I hear about it all the time . . . There's a saying at the hydro shop, "Fire will happen, be prepared, always." I don't know anyone that hasn't lost a ballast or a bulb to surges around here. I'm looking at getting one of those automatic extinguishers for my grow space. Seems like a nice measure with SMUD not doing anything about the surges we have. Lights go bright for a second or two at least every few days. I actually have my lights on a surge protector in case it goes too high. Hell, EVERYTHING is on a surge protector around here.

Yup, after losing a couple of digital timers, a coffee maker, a 42" LCD TV, DVR receiver, dehumidifier, window unit, and a dryer, I put everything I own on surge protectors. In my case, my house was struck by lightning. Glad there was no fire...and glad I have a good homeowners policy.

Back
Top Bottom