All Organic - Big Bud - 2nd Grow - 1000W - 5 Plants

Picked up some cal mag. Because my last grow. magnesium def was a huge problem for me.
Some reason my photos come in sideways...I dont understand.
20150403_1356003.jpg

I shoot most of my photos on my S5 and get the same issue!

Its roots organic. Its all organic nutes

I've grown with Roots, GH organic line and a few other non recognized organic lines which are made with organic material and cold processed but I have a question for you. If you are growing in soil and plan on continuing to grow in soil have you looked in no till methods and studying the soil food web to grasp a better understanding of the relationship between the nutrients and your plants? Regardless if you choose to do bottled or built up organic soil the info is great for understanding how to take care of your plants. I'm happy to share an of that info with you. Building non tilling soil is A LOT less work as well! With that said you are doing a fantastic job and the girls look great!

Its roots organic. Its all organic nutes

If you're growing in true organic soil thats been properly amended then there should be adequate basic nutrients already in your soil as well as a whole lot of microbial activity going on contributing to good nutrient uptake by your plants. You shouldn't need to apply any of these type of bottled nutes. My 2 cents anyways. Got a calcium or magnesium deficiency...use dolomite lime and/or epsom salt....etc...

Pretty sure i have nitrogen abundance to a few of my ladies. Lower growth has wilted leaves and clawing and super soft. They are dark as hell. I read that flushing will get rid of it. no pictures of the moments.

Your girls are looking really nice!
If you're pretty sure you haven't given the girls too strong of a N dose recently that may really put the hurt on em' it may be best to give them a VERY light flush, not much, and just let them ride it out. They would likely recover quickly and will take off with vigorous growth. It could just be the strain that you have being susceptible to over fertilization.
If you did mess up somewhere and overfeed with way too hot of a N dose then by all means do go ahead and flush as you've mentioned. Just keep in mind that this will also flush out other nutrients both macro and micro nutrients that are in your soil, not just nitrogen.
If you do flush, once the girls recover from the nitrogen hit it would be good to topdress with some vermicast and guano or other secret ingredients that you see fit, then maybe give periodic tea feedings going forward if or as you feel the need to do so. This will help to offset the loss of nutrients due to flushing.

Your girls are looking really nice!
If you're pretty sure you haven't given the girls too strong of a N dose recently that may really put the hurt on em' it may be best to give them a VERY light flush, not much, and just let them ride it out. They would likely recover quickly and will take off with vigorous growth. It could just be the strain that you have being susceptible to over fertilization.
If you did mess up somewhere and overfeed with way too hot of a N dose then by all means do go ahead and flush as you've mentioned. Just keep in mind that this will also flush out other nutrients both macro and micro nutrients that are in your soil, not just nitrogen.
If you do flush, once the girls recover from the nitrogen hit it would be good to topdress with some vermicast and guano or other secret ingredients that you see fit, then maybe give periodic tea feedings going forward if or as you feel the need to do so. This will help to offset the loss of nutrients due to flushing.

Your right. Unclecannabis. I think ill just water pH'd water when dry. They should be ok. Ill update afterwards. I feed eveyother water but i think i might do 2 pH'd waters to 1 feed here on out.

Your right. Unclecannabis. I think ill just water pH'd water when dry. They should be ok. Ill update afterwards. I feed eveyother water but i think i might do 2 pH'd waters to 1 feed here on out.

Good choice. I think this will work out better for your situation rather than flushing. By they way, if your soil is active with lots of organic matter and microbial life, your soil ph is between 6.2 and 6.7ish, and your tap water is not glowing in the dark or delivered through the pipes with a warning label attached you'd probably be ok using regular tap water for watering if rainwater is not available. I suggest that you try this with one of your plants as a trial. I'd be willing to bet there will be no noticeable difference between the plant watered with regular ole' tap water versus the ones that are watered with ph adjusted water. If you were growing hydroponic or some hybrid soil/hydro thing I would tell you to continue to adjust ph and be diligent about it. With organic soil, it's a waste of time. My $0.02 anyway. Good luck and happy growing.
:thumb:

Good choice. I think this will work out better for your situation rather than flushing. By they way, if your soil is active with lots of organic matter and microbial life, your soil ph is between 6.2 and 6.7ish, and your tap water is not glowing in the dark or delivered through the pipes with a warning label attached you'd probably be ok using regular tap water for watering if rainwater is not available. I suggest that you try this with one of your plants as a trial. I'd be willing to bet there will be no noticeable difference between the plant watered with regular ole' tap water versus the ones that are watered with ph adjusted water. If you were growing hydroponic or some hybrid soil/hydro thing I would tell you to continue to adjust ph and be diligent about it. With organic soil, it's a waste of time. My $0.02 anyway. Good luck and happy growing.

Your really think so? I mean people are so dead set on watering with pH'd water. I didnt want to have nute lockout. Its scary haha

Do you know what the untreated ph range is for your tap water? If you're not sure this is usually available upon request from your water provider if using municipal water.
When using organic soil your ph will usually remain about as it was at the time of planting or slowly migrate downward as organic matter continues to break down. So using tap water with a ph of say 7ish would not do any harm, in fact it would only help to correct the natural downward ph migration. If your soil ph is good (6.2 to 6.7ish) you will not experience nutrient lockout of any sort due to water ph not being "right". With organic soils that contain lots of beneficial microbes and fungi ph has much less effect on nutrient availability due to the natural "buffering" capability of living organic soils. In the right living soil marijuana and other plants will thrive even though ph is not within the normal optimum range for the species of plant. This is one of the benefits of growing in organic soil. The soil / microbe food web as it relates to plant root health and nutrient availability and uptake is really a thing of wonder.
If you try the test that I mentioned and your plant suffers you can blame me. If it outgrows the others, no need to thank me. :)

Do you know what the untreated ph range is for your tap water? If you're not sure this is usually available upon request from your water provider if using municipal water.
When using organic soil your ph will usually remain about as it was at the time of planting or slowly migrate downward as organic matter continues to break down. So using tap water with a ph of say 7ish would not do any harm, in fact it would only help to correct the natural downward ph migration. If your soil ph is good (6.2 to 6.7ish) you will not experience nutrient lockout of any sort due to water ph not being "right". With organic soils that contain lots of beneficial microbes and fungi ph has much less effect on nutrient availability due to the natural "buffering" capability of living organic soils. In the right living soil marijuana and other plants will thrive even though ph is not within the normal optimum range for the species of plant. This is one of the benefits of growing in organic soil. The soil / microbe food web as it relates to plant root health and nutrient availability and uptake is really a thing of wonder.
If you try the test that I mentioned and your plant suffers you can blame me. If it outgrows the others, no need to thank me. :)

Thank you for your knowledge. I just checked my ph of my tap water and it is around 8.13. Its really high. When I mix my nutes it brings it all the way to around 4ish. Im not sure watering with 4ph would be a good Thing to do. Maybe its my newbie side that is worried.

Not to be a nitpicker.. well I guess I am. I would strongly advise against using tap water if you intend on maintaining any microbial life in your soil which is somewhat pointless when using cooked nutes in a bottle whether they are organic or not. Unless of course they are cold pressed unpasteurized. Which Roots organics is not. To be honest a lot of their line is not organic and the same goes for the GH organic line and I heard that from one of their main reps at the GrowExpo in Seattle two months ago. I digress. Tap water has chlorine. Chlorine kills microbial life. Striving to achieve healthy microbial colonies in your soil is pointless with bottled nutes and tap water. They are way too acidic for those cultures to thrive and survive. Also you have to be carefull how much you water your soil as you can easily wash these colonies away. Unlike the forest growing in pots doesn't give the same "Insurance Policy" mother nature has in terms of replacing microbial life lost through heavy rain or flood. I hope this was of help and came as no offense. Merely sharing my knowledge :) :volcano-smiley:

Yeah. the bottle said organic. Im no scientists by any means or a botanist. I just like growing. I dont even smoke haha.

omgshelly. Your plants are looking great. Keep doing whatever it is that you're doing and if you do make changes midway through your grow don't make any drastic changes, monitor closely as I'm sure you would and things should work out fine for you.

I'm not judging you or anyone for using bottled nutes. I don't think I'm too good for it either. I like to live my life as green and sustainable as possible. Thats why I grow my own food and medicine in live organic soil. All my food and medicine is nutrient rich because of how nutrient rich my soil is. Your plants take those N-P-K and whatever salts and minerals are in your soil and disperse them throughout their entire system. What's in your soil is what's in your fruit/veg/bud or whatever. I think you are doing a fantastic job and more power to you whether you partake or not :) :volcano-smiley:

Not to be a nitpicker.. well I guess I am. I would strongly advise against using tap water if you intend on maintaining any microbial life in your soil which is somewhat pointless when using cooked nutes in a bottle whether they are organic or not. Unless of course they are cold pressed unpasteurized. Which Roots organics is not. To be honest a lot of their line is not organic and the same goes for the GH organic line and I heard that from one of their main reps at the GrowExpo in Seattle two months ago. I digress. Tap water has chlorine. Chlorine kills microbial life. Striving to achieve healthy microbial colonies in your soil is pointless with bottled nutes and tap water. They are way too acidic for those cultures to thrive and survive. Also you have to be carefull how much you water your soil as you can easily wash these colonies away. Unlike the forest growing in pots doesn't give the same "Insurance Policy" mother nature has in terms of replacing microbial life lost through heavy rain or flood. I hope this was of help and came as no offense. Merely sharing my knowledge :) :volcano-smiley:

Growlow. Your point is well taken and I do not disagree with anything that you've said but at the same time do not wholly agree. Chlorine does not kill microbial life. Excessive amounts of chlorine like any other element will kill microbial life. The minute amounts of chlorine found in most municipal water systems will not adversely affect microbial life within your soil. In fact, plants require chlorine as a micronutrient just not in vast quantities as may be found in your chlorine treated swimming pool water. Rainwater is better than tap water, no argument there. That being said, using tap water will not adversely affect your grow in any noticeable way unless you have extremely crappy tap water which I'm sure some municipalities do. GrandpaCannabis wasn't watering his award winning tomatoes with no ph adjusted water I can assure you of that. And those were some damn good tomatoes....
I'm 100% down with your take on the bottled nutrients thing especially when growing in organic soil. The bottled nute manufacturers must have some good marketing folks working for them but I won't be buying any bottled nutes anytime soon. But...that being said, bottled nutes seem to work just fine for many of the folks who are into that sort of growing. omgshelly's girls aint' looking too bad I'd say. :)

Tap water has chlorine. Chlorine kills microbial life. Striving to achieve healthy microbial colonies in your soil is pointless with bottled nutes and tap water.

Well depends on how your tap water is treated. You can ask your supplier about your water or make your own research. Some (private companies-WTF to that!) treat water with chlorine which is easy to get out of water (24 hours in open bottle with piece of cloth instead of lid, place it in sunny place). Then there is chloramine which is harder to remove (boiling the water is one way). Where I live we do not even bother with bottled water and drink tap water (PH 7.0), with just small amount of chlorine let it sit for a while and it tastes good. And yes, using bottled nutes in living soil is like hauling wood into a forest. Use manure and biological waste. Happy growing :Namaste:

Growlow. Your point is well taken and I do not disagree with anything that you've said but at the same time do not wholly agree. Chlorine does not kill microbial life. Excessive amounts of chlorine like any other element will kill microbial life. The minute amounts of chlorine found in most municipal water systems will not adversely affect microbial life within your soil. In fact, plants require chlorine as a micronutrient just not in vast quantities as may be found in your chlorine treated swimming pool water. Rainwater is better than tap water, no argument there. That being said, using tap water will not adversely affect your grow in any noticeable way unless you have extremely crappy tap water which I'm sure some municipalities do. GrandpaCannabis wasn't watering his award winning tomatoes with no ph adjusted water I can assure you of that. And those were some damn good tomatoes....
I'm 100% down with your take on the bottled nutrients thing especially when growing in organic soil. The bottled nute manufacturers must have some good marketing folks working for them but I won't be buying any bottled nutes anytime soon. But...that being said, bottled nutes seem to work just fine for many of the folks who are into that sort of growing. omgshelly's girls aint' looking too bad I'd say. :)

Definitely agree to a degree in terms of the benefits of chlorine to the plant vs the negative affect of chlorine to microbial cultures. I speak only from my own experience and have not done a field test at length to further prove my theory. I grew some Harlequin in three different pots. Same soil same nutes etc equal quantities. One was fed water that was RO, One that was just a Chlorine remover and one pure tap water. I would have liked to have done one also with bottled water but hey you win some you lose some. They grew for 3 months and at 1 month interval soil samples were taken tested and looked at under the microscope from the same zones as each other. The life in the RO'd water was maybe a slight bit better than the single chlorine removing filter. But the tap water was significantly less life. Now that doesn't mean there was any but they were obviously in less "ideal" living conditions. So I I should have clarified that in terms of creating the ideal living conditions you would want to avoid chlorine from your water if possible. I did take into account that maybe since I use granular minerals that enhance the Bacteria Surface Area, might just be part of the equation. Most nursery bought trace minerals should have those minute amounts of Chlorine as you described. That would also be more controlled and slow release. I live in Seattle and the pH is a steady 7 with a ppm reading of around 33. I have found the water to be pretty clean though I'm yet to get a detailed read out on the elemental breakdown of my tap water. So I'm not sure of the actual levels of chlorine in my tape water. Though through the experiment it would be clear that chlorine was determinate factor in the decrease in microbial life. Though there are things missing from that experiment/theory like I said, to really give it feet to stand on. Another to add to the list of project to do. Cheers mate :) :volcano-smiley:

Depending on whats in your soil it could be VERY good. When you have soil well inoculated with a healthy colony of microbes and fungi that works with your roots system to see a mushroom is a great sign. If you have not inoculated your soil on purpose then there are two possible scenarios... you got lucky as F*%& or you have an invasive fungi issue around where the plants are grown.

This is sorta wrong and sorta right.. It's extremely common to get what I call LBM's(Little Brown Mushrooms) in bag soil. Mushrooms will grow anywhere and it's not at all uncommon to see a LBM or other mushrooms grow out of store bought potting soil. Also finding edibles in wood mulch is very common too(i have found morel's in a walmart parking lot).. Mushrooms are VERY good for your soil and are used in restoring contaminated soils in a process called, "mycoremediation." This doesn't mean your soil has anything bad in it what so ever so don't freat and enjoy the power of fungi.

In the amazon they have been using fungi to clean up oil spills. I have cultivated mushrooms for the past 10 years or so and have grown everything from P. Cubensis to Pleurotus Ostreatus, Shiitake's, Lion's Maine, and more. I forage and sell wild edible mushrooms as well. Some being Hen of the Wood, Chicken of the Woods, Chanterelles, Porchini, and so on.

TLDR; don't sweat the fungi

Back
Top Bottom