All Organic High Brix

Re: Doc Bud: All Organic* High Brix

Hey Doc! I've read many of your posts across the board. I'm also growing organic and have used some of your knowledge already. I Look forward to following along with you!

Quick question, I've been using tap water from a well up till this point, I just got my BPN organics trio with bio juice. Right now I have a mixture of 80% soil 20% leeched horse manure. I have a rather large pond here and I was thinking of using water from it instead. Any idea how long I should wait till I start adding BPN ferts? And can I add them to the pond water? Thanks for your time! Good luck with the grow!

Hey Doc! I've read many of your posts across the board. I'm also growing organic and have used some of your knowledge already. I Look forward to following along with you!

Quick question, I've been using tap water from a well up till this point, I just got my BPN organics trio with bio juice. Right now I have a mixture of 80% soil 20% leeched horse manure. I have a rather large pond here and I was thinking of using water from it instead. Any idea how long I should wait till I start adding BPN ferts? And can I add them to the pond water? Thanks for your time! Good luck with the grow!

I don't think using that pond water is a great idea. It could be ok....but it could also contain pathogens. Be careful.

How long to add ferts? Probably not too soon with the horse manure. Why not read the plants and see what happens?

OK.......9/10 of both Blue Dream and Purple Jack Herer have come up! I'll hold out hope for 10/10 but I'm good with 9.

They will show sex in about 24 days, give or take a couple days. At that point, I'll transplant and ship a special boy/girl combo from the Jacks off to the breeding hotel.

The Lemon Paki clones are now officially healthy. This mineralized soil and tea feeding is awesome! They made a faster comeback than they did the last time I got these cuts, and they are looking super robust.

My cloning of the Lemon Paki's may be at 100 success too, still green and perky in the humidity dome.

I think I'm going to start another 10 Lemon Thai's too. People freaked out over that and are DEMANDING more. (I'm the only one in 100 miles who has it....HA!!)

I'm liking this grow so far.....pics tomorrow, but they'll be boring.

I'll also try to do a little pictorial on brewing the tea and how that all works, as well as the foliar spraying methods.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that this grow sets a new personal standard and that this current effort is my best ever! The OG I just got done harvesting is easily top shelf anywhere.....most likely the best offering any dispensary would have.....with few exceptions.

When I weigh out an ounce of OG, it looks the same as an eighth oz. of another strain. The individual nugs are so dense and heavy....and sticky, smelly and frosty. The taste is righteous as well! They only had the minerals for 3 weeks....

Blue Dream seeds? Awesome only seen in clone. Where from?

High Brix Student

A Blue Dream clone from Oaksterdam was crossed with a Sour D male, then backcrossed to Blue Dream Clone. Seeds from that with the Blue Dream pheno (as opposed to the Sour D or cross phenos) were backcrossed to the clone, etc.

These have been backcrossed 5 or 6 times and now the strain is stable. It smells exactly like Blue Dream but the buds a bit tighter on my version.

The first few generations of breeding were done by a good friend. The last 2 backcrosses by me. I think it's journaled under "Doc Bud's Medical Grow." Hmmmmm....maybe not. Maybe at the beginning of "New Room....." I forget.

Anyways, it smells and tastes exactly like the clone that made the rounds, except the buds are tighter. It's very frosty and has better popular bag appeal than regular blue dream.

i would die to get some of those blue dream seeds

Hey doc I am trying to get this high brix thing down, you say not to use dolomite lime, why is that? and if it is already added to my soil is that bad for high brix? Is the basis of this to just add lots of calcium and mag?

You need to do some remedial reading bro! Try searching "High Brix Gardening" and read everything a few times.

We're not just trying to add lots of calcium and mag....not at all. What we're trying to do is:

1.)create a high energy soil
2.)Create a highly bioactive soil

The way to accomplish this is to have the right balance of minerals, organic matter and microbial action.

When adding the rock powders, we're not feeding calcium....we're mineralizing the soil and creating a battery. The positive Ca++ ions react with the negative P- ions and form an inert substance that the plant can't use, but that the microbes love......

Calcium and magnesium need to be in the right balance, about 10:1 calcium. Phosphorus and potassium also need to be in balance, about 8:1 phosphorus.

Phosphates move things around in the plant. Calcium is needed by every living cell so it needs to be the most abundant mineral in a good soil. And, of course, the organic matter (humus) is needed to feed the microbes.

What we're trying to do is get a super healthy microherd and let them do all the work.

Doc, you're making me want to go back to college and study soil biology

I can't wait to see more Lemon Paki's, the last ones were awe inspiring. I've been studying up on Hi Brix for the outdoor garden this year.

I can't wait to see more Lemon Paki's, the last ones were awe inspiring. I've been studying up on Hi Brix for the outdoor garden this year.

The Lemon Paki is definitely special.

It's a lot like OG, except the plants are more robust and can hold themselves up with a bit of string. No trellis required. The buds are more resinous, and the yield is slightly better.

It also changes color nicely, unlike the OG.
I hope to have 10 that look just like this...

IMG_20482.JPG

beautiful plants, all you can see is frost, and trimming those beauties looks like a dream. 3 snips and you're done. Is it wrong if I asked you to adopt me? haha

Well, here is the report on my version of "Super Soil." I mixed this batch the pre-brix way, without rock powders, etc.

The results are interesting!

1.)I need more Humus
2.)I need less nitrogen
3.)I need more molybdenum
4.)less sodium
5.)more boron
6.)more calcium

all of that is easy to fix.

What I find interesting is the erg reading.....my soil has 10 times the energy of what is recommended.....wow.

I was also interested in the pH....I'm low at 6.0. That's going to improve rapidly with the limestone...

I already know I can grow really nice plants in the soil the way it is.....I can't wait to see what happens with the minerals. Buckle up, it's gonna get bumpy.
IMG_23166.JPG

Sorry to just jump in been lurking. Previous grow looks amazing I'm real interested in this oc+ found a bit of info on it but don't no where to get it from could u recommend any where and info on how it works

Thanks and keep up good work looks and sounds amazing.

Sorry to just jump in been lurking. Previous grow looks amazing I'm real interested in this oc+ found a bit of info on it but don't no where to get it from could u recommend any where and info on how it works

Thanks and keep up good work looks and sounds amazing.

Osmocote Plus is a controlled release plant fertilizer that has everything, including micro's.

I get mine at Ace Hardware.....about 17 bucks a bottle.....grows 100-150 plants.

Mix it in with good potting soil and add water. The results are excellent!

nice results man, I'm sure with your new approach you can get that fully dialed in.. what size sample do you have to send to get tested? and I assume its testing the soil for cannabis specifically, so how would one go about getting their soil tested if they live in a non-legal state?

Back
Top Bottom