Brix Aware 1.0

Welp my CO2 gen is shitting the bed.
I have to stand there and turn it on and off because it keeps flaming out.
This thing has been a total pain in the ass since the moment I opened the box.
Sent a msg to tech support. If i get any reply other than "we are shipping you a new one" this thing is getting torn off the wall and tossed in the trash.
Should have known better, it was cheap and sounded to good to be true, lesson learned.

:surrender:

I am open for suggestions on CO2 enrichment. I have about 2000 cubic feet to fill. My AC rarely comes on, in fact I think the heater runs more than it does. Im done with co2 bottles cause those things are a pain in the ass too.

Watered and spayed everything with tea today...the cheese plants are much much happier in the bigger pots.

All the males are gone.
Table is full of nice looking girls.
Thinking about pulling 1/3 of these out cause they are already out of room...but not sure yet

Cheese popped 8-19 now 5 weeks old
AK Popped 8-26 now 4 weeks old
All under the big lights for 10 days
Cheese was in veg for 4 weeks. AK was popped 12/12
Last week they where very lightly top dressed with 6-5-3+azomite+chicken poo
in the same ratio that it was for the mix.
Then watered in with tea and sprayed with amaze/PGR

Brewing some tea now, will hit them with that tomorrow.
I have not needed to water between tea yet.

very very very happy with the growth color and health!

Switching to Bloomit/PGR this week as well

Raise one light and moved all the shorties up front

IMAG16741.jpg
IMAG16761.jpg

Cheese fan leaf
IMAG1677.jpg
IMAG1678.jpg
IMAG1679.jpg

Dad
IMAG1685.jpg

A couple of buds from the last hempy offering
Stony as hell. Smells like juice fruit. Taste like yard waste.
IMAG1687.jpg
IMAG16891.jpg

Just wanted to duck in and get a time stamp for some clones.
Did some pruning on the main table pulled a few clones off the cheese just for fun

The lights are all the way up now already :/ Going to have to lower the table soon or it will be super crop time, damn things are growing like weeds!. The whole table is a solid mass of baby buds!

looking spectacular:thumb:, im hoping for docs kit as in my area little is available, i have good solid organic soil going but not h brix

The kit will happen...barring unforseen problems. I'll keep you posted.

Just adding the 6-5-3 to your organic grow will make a noticeable difference BID.

Indeed it will! Assuming a proper environment, the rock powders alone will make a HUGE difference in any soil. Adding less potassium will also help. The buds will be smaller, but dry weight will still be good and taste and effect will be better....but bag appeal will suffer. (Big red, tasteless apple.)

The kit will be simple!

1.) Add this bag to bale of promix.
2.) Add this powder to roots or in hole for seed
3.) Mix 1 oz of this with a gallon and water a pint for each new planting/transplant
4.) Add 1 oz per quart of this stuff and spray your plants once a week
5.) Mix 1/4 oz of this stuff in quart of water, with 2 ml of this stuff, and add that to watering once a month.

You'll feed 3-4 times total for a typical 8 week flowering time, from seedling to harvest.

No pH, no teas, no complex mixing.

looking spectacular:thumb:, im hoping for docs kit as in my area little is available, i have good solid organic soil going but not h brix

The kit will happen...barring unforseen problems. I'll keep you posted.

Just adding the 6-5-3 to your organic grow will make a noticeable difference BID.

Indeed it will! Assuming a proper environment, the rock powders alone will make a HUGE difference in any soil. Adding less potassium will also help. The buds will be smaller, but dry weight will still be good and taste and effect will be better....but bag appeal will suffer. (Big red, tasteless apple.)

The kit will be simple!

1.) Add this bag to bale of promix.
2.) Add this powder to roots or in hole for seed
3.) Mix 1 oz of this with a gallon and water a pint for each new planting/transplant
4.) Add 1 oz per quart of this stuff and spray your plants once a week
5.) Mix 1/4 oz of this stuff in quart of water, with 2 ml of this stuff, and add that to watering once a month.

You'll feed 3-4 times total for a typical 8 week flowering time, from seedling to harvest.

No pH, no teas, no complex mixing.

simple is nice,although i dont have a problem with complex either, i get it. just finding the needed materials is prohibitive,and im really a stingy bastard about shipping fees i always feel ripped off lol i did get a bunch of the stuff,azomite,gypsum,worm shit,kelp,etc. i feel im close in the ballpark at least,best looking plants ive ever grown going right now,i'll give your kit a whirl for sure doc, but ultimatly i want my whole garden from ornamental's to our produce garden running brix/organic so i have to source the materials localy on at least some of it, i planted the high brix terms and concept at at least 15 places this summer, and 2 say they are going to source the list next year so fingers crossed, this is a must for future humans

simple is nice,although i dont have a problem with complex either, i get it. just finding the needed materials is prohibitive,and im really a stingy bastard about shipping fees i always feel ripped off lol i did get a bunch of the stuff,azomite,gypsum,worm shit,kelp,etc. i feel im close in the ballpark at least,best looking plants ive ever grown going right now,i'll give your kit a whirl for sure doc, but ultimatly i want my whole garden from ornamental's to our produce garden running brix/organic so i have to source the materials localy on at least some of it, i planted the high brix terms and concept at at least 15 places this summer, and 2 say they are going to source the list next year so fingers crossed, this is a must for future humans

If you're serious about it, don't worry about sourcing, etc. Just get your soils tested, order your broadcast, drenches, sprays....and be done with it.

You can get the whole shebang for very little money, relatively speaking.

3 routes, cheapest to most expensive:

1.)buy doc's kit.
2.)get Promix tested, order your own broadcast, sprays, etc.
3.)do what I did and test a bunch of different soils until I found one that passed.

Now, if you decide to get the kit, it will be good for 1 run. It will take me a few runs to get the kit for the second run together.

I'm looking at a price point below 50 bucks, including shipping for my kit.

sounds good doc i cant find promix here it said online the h depot had it but going there proved fruitless the clerks never heard of it, :straightface::rollingeyes::rofl: of course not...that would be to easy, funny i live in an agricultural area farmers everywhere yet our garden centers are for crap, i'll most likely try your kit,then get the big shebang later next spring our soil is horrid i know nothing but weeds and some trees grow in it,and we have hardpan 2 foot down so the garden will be raised beds i will prolly end up paying thru the nose to have promix shipped, its really expensive to do "good" gardening here,sure you can find tons of salt and mg soil, anything else pretty much has to be ordered online

sounds good doc i cant find promix here it said online the h depot had it but going there proved fruitless the clerks never heard of it, :straightface::rollingeyes::rofl: of course not...that would be to easy, funny i live in an agricultural area farmers everywhere yet our garden centers are for crap, i'll most likely try your kit,then get the big shebang later next spring our soil is horrid i know nothing but weeds and some trees grow in it,and we have hardpan 2 foot down so the garden will be raised beds i will prolly end up paying thru the nose to have promix shipped, its really expensive to do "good" gardening here,sure you can find tons of salt and mg soil, anything else pretty much has to be ordered online

You might be surprised! If I were you, I'd get your soil tested, and then go to a local topsoil place and get their soil tested, finally testing the topsoil from HD.

Most likely, one of them will work. The poorer the soil the better, except for sodium and potassium.

If you can find promix anywhere, it might be in your interest to go ahead and get more than you need and recycle the soil. Maybe take a road trip to get it? I dunno.

true i might, i am thining build some big raised beds but if our soil is somehow useable that would be great i have 10 acres of it, but i know its pretty bad, hard as cement when dry you can put in a post with out needing cement it only softens when wet, then its sticky and stains everything red forever, no amount of pressure washing with pure bleach will remove it once it has dried on something!! but elm and cottonwoods like it

true i might, i am thining build some big raised beds but if our soil is somehow useable that would be great i have 10 acres of it, but i know its pretty bad, hard as cement when dry you can put in a post with out needing cement it only softens when wet, then its sticky and stains everything red forever, no amount of pressure washing with pure bleach will remove it once it has dried on something!! but elm and cottonwoods like it

Take a sample from about 6 inches down and send it off to International Ag Labs and see what they have to say!

The structure of your soil will improve quite fast with the addition of gypsum....but don't add it till after the soil test. If you can use your own dirt, you're golden.

ok i'll do that it varies from place to place on the property, the areas where we dump organic material are better of course, but i imagine sampling from the purposed garden area is best,what does a test cost, i may have to do a few

The soil where you dump organic material may, or may not be better. You could very well be better off using the "worst" dirt on your property. As long as there isn't an excess of anything, you can add exactly what is needed to bring things into spec.

I chose ProMix because it is basically just peat moss. Even that was borderline too high in K, probably due to the wash water when they process the peat moss.

But definitely get it tested! Each test costs 60 bucks, but that includes recommendations for EXACTLY what to add, what to spray and when, etc. You could very well find out that your soil is workable.

yeah i was thinking that, but the drainage and texture are gonna need help, im sure some basic coco or pearlite etc would be helpful, i have chickens so thats a plus
just got done perusing the site and the hibrix garden site, i downloaded the form

Drainage shmainage! Who cares what your soil is like NOW....it's what it is like AFTER you get done fixing it that counts. Like I have been saying now for months, premium potting soil is FUBAR for high brix. You're much better off using the poor stuff and adding to it.

Break away from NPK/Organic/compost type thinking.

Back
Top Bottom