All signs over water but bone dry in small veg

Bud basher

I have some big Buddha cheese in 750 ml pots and they look way over watered but they are dry as a bone this is really fucking with my head has any one had this problem before? I am in coco 100% and the only thing I can maybe put it down to is I had them on 24/7 and Change to 18/6 but change back to 24/7 plus I looked at the roots and they was not fully to the bottom of the pot so I fed from the bottom as with so little feed it wasn’t getting the the bottom of the pot? Is it the lighting that’s fucked up or what the fucks gone wrong, please anyone let us know as I am 5 weeks in by seed and need this to work cheers guys.

Pics will help out but 5 weeks and only a 750ml size pot sounds extremely small at this stage of growth. I tend to think you need to up pot your grow and allow your plant room to breath and thrive

I don't think you are supposed to let it get completely dry with pure coco. On top of that, feeding from the bottom when you know for sure the roots aren't down there doesn't seem to make much sense, since I don't think coco is a great wicking material.
I am curious too, about the 18/6 24/7 ... do you mean you went from 18/6 to always on? Or an actual 31h cycle 24/7 ?

I have some big Buddha cheese in 750 ml pots and they look way over watered but they are dry as a bone this is really fucking with my head has any one had this problem before? I am in coco 100% and the only thing I can maybe put it down to is I had them on 24/7 and Change to 18/6 but change back to 24/7 plus I looked at the roots and they was not fully to the bottom of the pot so I fed from the bottom as with so little feed it wasn’t getting the the bottom of the pot? Is it the lighting that’s fucked up or what the fucks gone wrong, please anyone let us know as I am 5 weeks in by seed and need this to work cheers guys.
When a plant is overwatered its leaves crinkle up in a certain way, because the lower root are not able to get oxygen. That makes me wonder if you are oxygenating that water before adding it to the coco, or if you are expecting it to work like soil and draw it down from the top.

lol, this is going to tickle a few people.

Ye both under & over watering share the same characteristics in leaf curling signs.

Two differences... one pot is heavy than the other ? is the over watered pot or the dry one ?

Mmm

Right 750 ml pot... ok that is metric size or 3/4 of a liter just a volume measurement.

This may well lead to your under watering problem & length of veg as larger plants need more water !

So pot up into a larger size... the maths have only begone.

Since it dried out the coco is hydrophobic, it now resist water and nutrients. Bottom soak with ph adjusted lukewarm water for 5 minutes in a deep pan and then top feed with water only, next pull her out and the container will gurgle and bubble. Repeat entire cycle 1 more time then go back to a normal feed with nutes. You cannot allow coco to dry out, coco is not soil - this is a hydro format grow even tho it looks like soil. The wet dry cycle is not for coco. I don’t do coco but that much I’m confident of. Agree 750 mil is less than a liter - may need to be up potted. Best of luck!

Ok guys and girls the only other thing I think it could be is I haven grown though out this COVID-19 and my RO water was left in the res could it be contaminated in away way? I have emptied it and have new fresh water pumping though it atm so I was thinking of flushing the plants out and go from there this is really doing my head in that is the only thing I can put it down to but surely they wouldn’t have grown at all if this was the case of contaminated water?

Dude or Dudette, you're growing in DRY Coco in a wine bottle.
Coco must remain moist, real moist at all times, never dry at all.
And literally in a handful of Coco.

Start with up bottling to at least a 1.5ltr tequila bottle and water every single day, in fact unless you're in at least a 4+ gallon fabric pot in Coco then you probably need to water twice a day.
And use nutrients at 1/4 strength every time you water.
The nutrients should also be designed to be used with Coco which has different requirements than soil.

This is absolute minimum.

I am thinking you must be trolling everyone's leg actually.

I am thinking you must be trolling everyone's leg actually.

At the very least, OP doesn't appear to be bothering to read any of the replies.

Ok guys and girls I made up some fresh feed this morning about 400 ppm and give each plant 1 litre of feed 500 mls first let it drain then 500 mls more which I got a total of 700 mls run off, I calibrated my ph meter and fed at 6.1 then checked the run off on every plant on the second 500 mls run off all the plants was at 5.9 ph so no probs there and ppm’s was the same as what went in so all good there to, so I’ll see in a couple of days if it was the bad water causing the problem? I took some pictures but unfortunately I am absolutely tech illiterate so couldn’t post them sorry but I’ll keep trying lol.

20B2453A-A667-4550-84F8-DE12A4D71162.jpegF2DFD01B-BE2D-4C43-8348-10B7801859D4.jpegD0340808-272C-4F48-9695-CB572237603F.jpegAE4369A5-4ABB-4040-A143-69493895CA4D.jpeg

Ok guys and girls the first picture on the left and the last picture on the right is the same plant now you can see what I mean dry as Nuns nooney but showing signs of overwatering? My feed has two air stones with loads of DO and the temperature of feed was 21 when feeding so folks keep your fingers crossed for me that it must be contaminated water that’s caused it or if anyone can see something else please chime in, cheers.

I live in the UK by the way that’s why I didn’t read replies till this morning here plus I wouldn’t try a pull anyone’s leg the pictures prove that, I have grown in coco for five years and know it must retain moisture and not be left to dry out I hit 66 zips of dried bud from an 4x8 tent and have done that a good few times so I am not a complete mug, plus if you feed a plant lots of feed with run off and the root structure is not there ie when transplanting into a larger pot yes you can definitely over water coco I know as I have made this mistake in the past at the beginning of learning to grow, just would like people to think I am not a complete idiot that’s all rant over,cheers.

Mmm a 750 ml pot is going to need watering every day once your lights are on full stop.

I done a sog grow with with 2000 ml or 2 L pots & that required watering every day once in flowering, i use to use 6.5 liter air pots that was every other day so I moved up 10 liter fabric pots & that was still watering every other day ambient temp 27c lights on.

I understand that the UK has had a heat wave recently which may effect your grow room/area which may have caused them to dry out quicker ?

But your pot size is very questionable buddy & root balled when they get like that they like the extra H2O either that you need to pay more attention on your grow requirements.

Ok folks I have grown in 3.5 litre fabric pots 25 plants per 4x4 foot space multi feedings in flower up to 5 times with lights on, done 9 plants per 4x4 foot space in 6.5 litre air pots same as above, 4 plants 4x4 in 8 litre fabric pots same as above, 4 plants per 4x4 in 10 litre pots same as above and finally one plant per 4x4 in 22 litre air pots feeding once a day all in pure coco, all produced good yields but I prefer 4 plants per 4x4 in 10 litre fabric pots and I have had 18 inch high plants in 750 mls pots as I had no room to put them in, in the past with no problem bar feeding them twice a day. So my only problem is transplanting sick plants as I have never done that before I would rather find the issue first, I do agree they need transplanting but sick plants?

Back
Top Bottom