Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

I've used Mars Hydro 1200w and even had them make me an all white LED custom light back when they allowed that. My SS150's Cree made those look like night lights. Yields went up a minimum of an Oz even on plants that were farther along in flower when I got them. I should be rocking Pro3's here in the next day or two. Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Same here... I never wanna see rainbow colored leds in my rooms.

I am just saying that weight ain't the thing... and yes, dew to the low quality of the light that plant got big indeed but the buds was not so good, in terms of looks, it was fluffy and everything.

Strains with a lot of sativa in them are never going to be particularly dense, regardless of the amount of light you give them. IDK which Moby Dick you grew, but some of the strains which carry that name have a lot of Haze genetics in them. And if it's an autoflowering variety, it'll also have a lot of ruderalis genetics. So it just won't be as dense as, say, a 100% Afghani indica, lol.

Most of the strains that I have grown through the years have been at least a little airy. I'll gladly accept that for a soaring sativa high, lol; even when I'm consuming for medicinal purposes, I don't want my bud to pour me into the couch. Even that isn't as bad as swallowing a bunch of opiates (or slapping on a patch every day), of course - but it's a lot closer to it than I wish be.

I'll also put up with 10 to 16 (and, in the past, up to 20+) week flowering times for the same reason.

As for "looks," lol... As someone commented recently, it all gets ground up in order to use anyway. I consider the effect, the taste, the aroma, the duration of effect, and if I still haven't decided by that point, I'll look at a strain's potency. All of that before even thinking about how the buds will look. Even back in the '80s, we figured it all looked the same wrapped up in a paper ;) .

Besides, airy buds are far less likely to mold. And it's a lot easier to spot the occasional male flower (and caterpillar, lol).

Different strokes for different folks, I guess....

I guess the amount of trichomes is what matters, but a dense nug is way more appealing than a fluffy one. I just finished drying my first harvest under my SE450 and TBH I'm a little disappointed with the bud density. They're fluffy and dried super fast. Hoping the cure gives them some structure. Not sure what happened.

I guess the amount of trichomes is what matters, but a dense nug is way more appealing than a fluffy one. I just finished drying my first harvest under my SE450 and TBH I'm a little disappointed with the bud density. They're fluffy and dried super fast. Hoping the cure gives them some structure. Not sure what happened.

I wonder if a 9 COB panel would have made a difference on the density.

I wonder if a 9 COB panel would have made a difference on the density.

I think it definitely would help. I don't wanna judge the light too soon off 1 grow, but the buds are so airy it seems like 450w is really not enough for a 4x4. Sure, it's covering that foot print but lets get real, the par is probably extremely low on the edges. I can't hang it any closer tho, so I suppose I would need additional lighting.

I'll have more data and pics in a couple days. The yield seems good, trichomes look great, but density is not there.

I think it definitely would help. I don't wanna judge the light too soon off 1 grow, but the buds are so airy it seems like 450w is really not enough for a 4x4. Sure, it's covering that foot print but lets get real, the par is probably extremely low on the edges. I can't hang it any closer tho, so I suppose I would need additional lighting.

I'll have more data and pics in a couple days. The yield seems good, trichomes look great, but density is not there.

See that's what I was wondering. I believe 9 COBs would have been a very strong light offering. You could add that 3 COB unit and find out. They are having that great sale.

Strains with a lot of sativa in them are never going to be particularly dense, regardless of the amount of light you give them. IDK which Moby Dick you grew, but some of the strains which carry that name have a lot of Haze genetics in them. And if it's an autoflowering variety, it'll also have a lot of ruderalis genetics. So it just won't be as dense as, say, a 100% Afghani indica, lol.

Most of the strains that I have grown through the years have been at least a little airy. I'll gladly accept that for a soaring sativa high, lol; even when I'm consuming for medicinal purposes, I don't want my bud to pour me into the couch. Even that isn't as bad as swallowing a bunch of opiates (or slapping on a patch every day), of course - but it's a lot closer to it than I wish be.

I'll also put up with 10 to 16 (and, in the past, up to 20+) week flowering times for the same reason.

As for "looks," lol... As someone commented recently, it all gets ground up in order to use anyway. I consider the effect, the taste, the aroma, the duration of effect, and if I still haven't decided by that point, I'll look at a strain's potency. All of that before even thinking about how the buds will look. Even back in the '80s, we figured it all looked the same wrapped up in a paper ;) .

Besides, airy buds are far less likely to mold. And it's a lot easier to spot the occasional male flower (and caterpillar, lol).

Different strokes for different folks, I guess....

Nah, not that kind of airy. The kind that you could almost see through most. The plant, at first didn't had enough light dew to the space and it was sharing a tent with some others and this Moby, I didn't pay much attention to. Later she was left alone in the tent and it got so big I didn't have enough hanging space. A led was 5cm from a top bud. But the lower buds had not light dew to low penetration...

Nah, not that kind of airy. The kind that you could almost see through most.

Oh. I didn't realize you were meaning something that extreme. My apologies for misunderstanding you.

The plant, at first didn't had enough light dew to the space and it was sharing a tent with some others and this Moby, I didn't pay much attention to. Later she was left alone in the tent and it got so big I didn't have enough hanging space. A led was 5cm from a top bud. But the lower buds had not light dew to low penetration...

Hmm... Seems like (well, it seems like it to me) with LEDs, plant-to-panel distance is more important than with HIDs (et cetera). With ANY type of lighting, you don't want it to be too far away, of course. But with a high pressure sodium fixture (for example), until the wattage/intensity gets really extreme (when you have to worry about bleaching out the plants), you can place the light pretty close to the plants (as long as you can deal with removing the heat - IOW, air-cooled hood, adequate fan(s) ). But with panels that have individual LEDs of differing wavelengths - and I think even the COB panels have some? - if you get the panel too close, you're probably not going to have enough distance for those individual wavelengths to combine well and create a homogenized illumination... You'd have spots of different colors hitting here and there (again, I'm kind of guessing here).

Unfortunately, varying the height (from panel to the canopy) is going to affect the footprint of a light. Therefore, by changing one variable, a person might be affecting multiple things. And I couldn't even guess at penetration (over distance, AND through canopies - which could vary depending on canopy density) compared to traditional HIDs. I've also read that the plants may react to environmental conditions differently under LEDs - require different levels (maybe even different proportions, for all I know) of nutrients... I have even read a comment or two that seem to suggest that the "optimum temperature range for cannabis" might change one way or the other under LEDs, but IDK. IF that is the case, then there might be a learning curve when the grower uses CO₂ supplementation too.

Maybe there is just "some" learning required in order to get the most out of LED grow products, even high-quality ones such as these. And, for those who have extensive experience with other types of lighting, some "unlearning" (and breaking of habits) that needs to take place too? I have only recently begun my quest for knowledge in regards to LED illumination. And I have not actually had the chance to grow with one (yet, lol). But I have seen some nice-looking plants - here at the forum, not in real life - that were grown under LED.

I have a feeling it's like a big adventure and learning experience. Sort of like way back when we were growing with 4' and 8' tube fluorescents and we first heard about these things called metal halide lamps, lol - only much more so.

Why doesn't Amare display their products on their page?

Click on the "Catalog" link at the top of their page and there will be links to several product types. I think there might be a few products that are not listed yet though (either because they are new or because they're more "custom," IDK).

Got my Pro3's today!! Very excited to test these lights out!!
420-magazine-mobile1039500196.jpg
420-magazine-mobile46498633.jpg
420-magazine-mobile757457032.jpg

Pro9, just amazing! Very powerful!
420-magazine-mobile1269598938.jpg

Wow, that looks fierce. What did that Pro 9 cost?

How many watts of LED are you running in that tent, and what size is it?

I wonder how much heat it makes...
Can you tell me the difference of temps between lights on and off

Should be approximately the same as a comparable wattage HID ballast, because X amount of wattage,
will put out X amount of BTU's. The main advantage is LED delivers more par intensity watt for watt, minus the 700F fireball HID bulb. No bulb replacements for life, along with no more fire hazard and burns from those hot bulbs too:)

Should be approximately the same as a comparable wattage HID ballast, because X amount of wattage,
will put out X amount of BTU's. The main advantage is LED delivers more par intensity watt for watt, minus the 700F fireball HID bulb. No bulb replacements for life, along with no more fire hazard and burns from those hot bulbs too:)

No advantage what so ever on cooling features? I remember running 600w of hps air cooled hood etc... it was hard to control. I bet the heatsink and little vents cool the led way better than my 600w.

Back
Top Bottom