Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

Thanks for the extra info. Definitely interested in that one. Do you have a watt meter? I'm curious if it's drawing 300w. Does it use CXB 3590?

This is from Victor...

Featuring top-bin CREE CXB3070 COB and monochrome XML2/XP-E2 that are powered by premium Meanwell drivers it pulls ~250w. The SES250 is essentially half of a SE450 that is stretched another 10" for maximum coverage. It will cover a 2'x4'@18", enabling you to expand into a 4'x4' by simply adding another one

Re: Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

Tons of good information here guys. I'm really enjoying reading all of this. About a month ago when our led light shopping started I saw them on the sponsor page and haven't really seen journals using them. But reading all of this that and Richard Richardson's 250 is almost equivalent to a 1000 HPS is mind blowing. Fill a room with these lights and harvest pounds, not ounces.

It's also nice to know that growers themselves designed these lights. The seasoned growers know what they want and what the plants need. The future of LED lighting is upon us!

I like the looks of the 450uvb and how it is more spaced out. My concerns with how it looks in the 4x4 tent is that the white light is more focused toward the middle of the tent and not so much the outside edges of about 1 foot. You can see it in the pictures where it looks like less light is getting to the outer edges and how there is much more light in the middle. Wouldn't this actually make the footprint for this panel smaller than 4x4? Would it be more beneficial if the white light leds were able to move and point where needed, or maybe have some sort of reflector surrounding them for more coverage?

Just trying to get some discussion going :) Will be interesting to see what these lights can really do.
It actually does a great job in my 4x4 it might look like it doesn't reach but if u are in a tent it all gets used n brother fern can explain more this is my back corner where nothing is hanging n my canopy is way uneven
ed1022c746a86bedc43c5777e8ca5efd.jpg

Now if u can keep a 3' canopy from floor and hang these 22" above canopy no lens trust ur in for a treat just look at versai he killed it his first time with the 450 in his. I grow perpetual so many different strains so I can never seem to get them close but I'm dialing back alil n really tryn for an even canopy to come

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

I think if you use the included lenses - the glass pieces included - it spreads the light out by quite a bit which would help the 4x4 coverage. That's just my guess...I can't say this is for sure.
It actually will make the light hit at more points on plant but it will Focus more light down so it's more useful when hanging up high like in a room or in a green house with more than one

Yes, that is what I was thinking nismo! For me right now, where I am growing 4 plants to fit a 4x4 space I would like to be able to direct the light more to the 4 corners a little so that the light isn't pointing more to the center. This way there would be more light concentrated toward the middle and outer edges of the plant itself rather than a lot of it going to a void spot in the center where only some branches would be hanging. I realize that if we move the light up in height there would be a larger footprint but then they would also be getting less light wattage per square foot.
Gotcha then u want to instead go with multiple units so that u can obtain better spread. So I would say in a 4x4 you would want maybe a solar system 600w which consists of 4x solar spec 150w that way you can move them as you see fit in there but still get that intensity you need

Thanks for the extra info. Definitely interested in that one. Do you have a watt meter? I'm curious if it's drawing 300w. Does it use CXB 3590?

The new SolarPro400(Pro4) features CX-B3590 and is a little longer @36"x 9" x 4". One will cover a 4.5' x 2.5' and two for a 5' x 5'. The longer modular design enhances coverage for the outer perimeter and allows the panel to operate closer to the canopy, while reducing center hot-spots common with the standard monochrome panels.

I just realized that I was posting guesswork about a sponsor's product... in that sponsor's thread, lol. So I've decided to remove it and wait on facts. Apologies, everyone!

Hello everyone my apologies for being M.I.A the last few days!! It is harvest time for me so ontop of everything else its been go go go! However, here is a comprehensive list to cover and answer the basic questions regarding our full line of lights as well as the new Pro line that has not yet been updated onto the website. :Namaste:

We are currently offering a 25% discount as special intro pricing until the 15th of this month.

SolarPro300 (Pro3) MSRP: $675
Dimensions: 32" x 8" x 3.15"
Wattage: ~300w
Specifications: Aluminum case, top-bin CREE CXB-3070 COB's with supplemental XP-G2 and XP-E2 5w monochrome diodes. Powered by Meanwell drivers (UL listed).
Coverage:

1 panel: 2' x 4'
2x: 4' x 4'
3x: 5' x 5'

SolarPro400 (Pro4) MSRP: $895
Dimensions: 36" x 9" x 4"
Wattage: ~400w
Specifications: Aluminum case, top-bin CREE CXB-3590 COB's with supplemental XP-G2 and XP-E2 5w monochrome diodes. Powered by Meanwell drivers (UL listed).
Coverage:

1 panel: 2.5' x 4.5'
2x: 5' x 5'

SolarPro900 (Pro9) MSRP: $1995
Dimensions: 24' x 24' x 4"
Wattage: ~900w
Specifications: Aluminum case, top-bin CREE CXB-3590 COB's with supplemental XP-G2 and XP-E2 5w monochrome diodes. Powered by Meanwell drivers (UL listed).
Coverage: 5' x 5'

The following is the recommended footprint for all models.

SolarSpec100: Flower: 24" x 20"@18", Veg: 28" x 24"@20"

SolarSystem400 (4 SS-100's): Flower: 3' x 3'@20", Veg: 4' x 4'@24"

Solarspec150: Flower: 30" x 24"@18", Veg: 36" x 30"@22-24"

SolarSystem600 (4 SS-150's): Flower: 4' x 4'@22", Veg: 5' x 5'@28"

SolarSpec260: Flower: 3' x 2'@22", Veg: 3.5' x 3'@24-30"

SolarEclispe250: Flower: 3' x 3'@24", Veg: 3.5' x 3.5'@30"

SolarEclipse450UVB: Flower: 4' x 4'@24", Veg: 4.5' x.4.5'@36"

SolarPro900/Pro9: Flower: 5' x 5'@30", Veg: 5.5' x 5.5'@36" (soon to be release)

PAR:

SolarSpec100: 1007umol@12", 496umol@24", 240umol@36"

SolarSystem400 (4 SS-100's): 1315umol@12", 855umol@24", 522umol@36"

Solarspec150: 1378umol@12", 628umol@24", 396umol@36"

SolarSystem 600(4 SS-150's): 1735umol@12", 1236umol@24", 810umol@36"

SolarSpec260: 1849umol@12", 1168umol@24", 685umol@36"

SolarSystem1040 (4 SS-260's): 1730umol@24", 981umol@36"

We do not recommend our COB panels at less than 24" with lenses, because the special lenses are designed for high-bay applications that need a minimum of ~40" to maximize the coverage and intensity within the recommended footprint. It will also surpass the light saturation point of cannabis and natural noon sunlight, which are 1500umol/sec/m2, Equatorial cultivars (Sativa's) up to ~1750umol/sec/m2. (COB models feature our pat-pending reflector/lenses array with supplied 90 degree removable lenses that maximize coverage and intensity).

SolarEclipse250:

- 1046umol@24", 560umol@36", 410umol@48" (No lenses)
- 1600umol@24", 870umol@36", 503umol@48" (With lenses)

SolarEclipse450UVB:

- 1207umol@24", 770umol@36", 546umol@48" (No lenses)
- 2118umol@24", 1523umol@36", 974umol@48" (With lenses)

SolarPro900/Pro9:

- 1962umol@24", 1345umol@36", 878umol@48" (No lenses)
- 1854umol@36", 1678umol@48" (With lenses)

We do not recommend the Pro9 at less than 36", because the special lenses are made for high-bay applications and it will surpass the light saturation point of cannabis of ~1500umol/sec/m2 with Equatorial Cultivars (Sativa's) up to ~1750umol/se/m2. It will also surpass the ~2000umol for peak noon sunlight. The lenses also need a minimum of ~40" for the overlapping to maximize footprint coverage and intensity.

Hopefully this will answer most of your questions! As for the PPFD on the new Pro3 and 4, i will be testing them out here VERY soon and will have video and picture documentation for everyone who is interested. This will include wattage consumption, total coverage, intensity, as well as the results of the grow utilizing said lights. This will be done for all of the lights not just the new ones. That way everyone understands what it is they are getting and what those lights are truly capable of. As previously mentioned we are a group of growers just like you, so while we are a sponsor here. We want you all to feel comfortable and welcome to share and discuss anything you'd like as growers! Any questions you have WILL be answered, I am just a bit thorough in my replies so they may take a bit to get back to you if details are required. But please don't feel ignored if I don't reply to your post right away, more often than not I am gathering data and putting together pictorials on the how and why before I make the reply. Again I apologize for the delays!

Hope all is well for everyone out there! Happy growing! :love::Namaste::love:

It is harvest time for me

Congratulations!

We are currently offering a 25% discount as special intro pricing until the 15th of this month.

Now that's a discount, lol.

It will also surpass the light saturation point of cannabis and natural noon sunlight, which are 1500umol/sec/m2, Equatorial cultivars (Sativa's) up to ~1750umol/sec/m2 and ~2000umol/sec/m2 respectively.

Equatorial sativas, yum. I mean... err... it's great to see that you (and others in the company) know what kind / how much light different strains of cannabis is actually capable of using - and with the specifications you freely provide, this makes it not only possible, but likely that a grower can purchase exactly which products he/she needs... for his/her room size and electrical capacity and also for the type of strain that is being grown.

Seeing "UL listed" is also nice.

We do not recommend the Pro9 at less than 36", because the special lenses are made for high-bay applications and it will surpass the light saturation point of cannabis of ~1500umol/sec/m2 with Equatorial Cultivars (Sativa's) up to ~1750umol/se/m2. It will also surpass the ~2000umol for peak noon sunlight. The lenses also need a minimum of ~40" for the overlapping to maximize footprint coverage and intensity.

This seems like a good light for "warehouse" type grows. With more and more states legalizing for medicinal (and recreational) purposes, there are more truly large-scale grows than ever before. It seems evident that you offer options for every situation - from the small grower who grows only enough medicine toequivalent supply his/her own modest needs, all the way up to those who provide for dozens (hundreds, lol?) of people!

As previously mentioned we are a group of growers just like you

I think folks are already starting to understand just what that means, when the people behind the products... use them for their intended purpose.

Any questions you have WILL be answered

:thumb:

I am just a bit thorough in my replies

You may have already noticed that people here like thoroughness and details. And as for lengthy posts, well... I haven't been tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail :rofl: .

Again I apologize for the delays!

We all know what it is like when life requires more time than we seem to have available, lol. When part of that involves harvest time, though... I think you will be forgiven ;) .

Hey Brother Fern, you probably saw that I made a post (above) and then went back and edited out the content because I did not wish to make guesses in your thread without knowing for sure that they were true. But I see now that I could have left my words; I guessed as to the wattage of a product that was being asked about... And I also stated how refreshing it was to find an LED manufacturer/seller that used actual wattages as part of the products' model numbers instead of numbers that reflected how many watts could be pushed through the LEDs - in theory, in a perfect world, in absolute zero temperature conditions, in... a world of make believe. I used to get pretty bent out of shape when I would see people referring to a (for example) 23-watt CFL as a "100 watt equivalent" (as if it were ever really equivalent for any purposes other than using it as a general purpose area light :rolleyes3: ) . I didn't do that because I was an @sshole (that would be pure coincidence, lol), but because I did not want people to be confused - and, believe it or not, I have seen people wanting to know why their plants were not doing as well as they would under a 400-watt HPS... when they had four "100 watt equivalent" CFLs over them! Rare, sure, but it happens - and I have already seem some confusion along those lines about the actual wattage of some LED products. Thank you (and thank Victor) for ensuring that such a thing will never happen with your products.

For all of the above (and more ;) ), I give you... more reputation points (and maybe another green box [EDIT: or two]). Thanks for creating products that are so good that you use them yourselves.

Hello everyone my apologies for being M.I.A the last few days!! It is harvest time for me so ontop of everything else its been go go go! However, here is a comprehensive list to cover and answer the basic questions regarding our full line of lights as well as the new Pro line that has not yet been updated onto the website. :Namaste:

SolarPro300 (Pro3) MSRP: $675
Dimensions: 32" x 8" x 3.15"
Wattage: ~300w
Specifications: Aluminum case, top-bin CREE CXB-3070 COB's with supplemental XP-G2 and XP-E2 5w monochrome diodes. Powered by Meanwell drivers (UL listed).
Coverage:

1 panel: 2' x 4'
2x: 4' x 4'
3x: 5' x 5'

SolarPro400 (Pro4) MSRP: $895
Dimensions: 36" x 9" x 4"
Wattage: ~400w
Coverage:

1 panel: 2.5' x 4.5'
2x: 5' x 5'

SolarPro900 (Pro9) MSRP: $1995
Dimensions: 24' x 24' x 4"
Wattage: ~900w
Coverage: 5' x 5'

The following is the recommended footprint for all models.

SolarSpec100: Flower: 24" x 20"@18", Veg: 28" x 24"@20"

SolarSystem400 (4 SS-100's): Flower: 3' x 3'@20", Veg: 4' x 4'@24"

Solarspec150: Flower: 30" x 24"@18", Veg: 36" x 30"@22-24"

SolarSystem600 (4 SS-150's): Flower: 4' x 4'@22", Veg: 5' x 5'@28"

SolarSpec260: Flower: 3' x 2'@22", Veg: 3.5' x 3'@24-30"

SolarEclispe250: Flower: 3' x 3'@24", Veg: 3.5' x 3.5'@30"

SolarEclipse450UVB: Flower: 4' x 4'@24", Veg: 4.5' x.4.5'@36"

SolarPro900/Pro9: Flower: 5' x 5'@30", Veg: 5.5' x 5.5'@36" (soon to be release)

PAR:

SolarSpec100: 1007umol@12", 496umol@24", 240umol@36"

SolarSystem400 (4 SS-100's): 1315umol@12", 855umol@24", 522umol@36"

Solarspec150: 1378umol@12", 628umol@24", 396umol@36"

SolarSystem 600(4 SS-150's): 1735umol@12", 1236umol@24", 810umol@36"

SolarSpec260: 1849umol@12", 1168umol@24", 685umol@36"

SolarSystem1040 (4 SS-260's): 1730umol@24", 981umol@36"

We do not recommend our COB panels at less than 24" with lenses, because the special lenses are designed for high-bay applications that need a minimum of ~40" to maximize the coverage and intensity within the recommended footprint. It will also surpass the light saturation point of cannabis and natural noon sunlight, which are 1500umol/sec/m2, Equatorial cultivars (Sativa's) up to ~1750umol/sec/m2. (COB models feature our pat-pending reflector/lenses array with supplied 90 degree removable lenses that maximize coverage and intensity).

SolarEclipse250:

- 1046umol@24", 560umol@36", 410umol@48" (No lenses)
- 1600umol@24", 870umol@36", 503umol@48" (With lenses)

SolarEclipse450UVB:

- 1207umol@24", 770umol@36", 546umol@48" (No lenses)
- 2118umol@24", 1523umol@36", 974umol@48" (With lenses)

SolarPro900/Pro9:

- 1962umol@24", 1345umol@36", 878umol@48" (No lenses)
- 1854umol@36", 1678umol@48" (With lenses)

Hopefully this will answer most of your questions! As for the PPFD on the new Pro3 and 4, i will be testing them out here VERY soon and will have video and picture documentation for everyone who is interested. This will include wattage consumption, total coverage, intensity, as well as the results of the grow utilizing said lights. This will be done for all of the lights not just the new ones. That way everyone understands what it is they are getting and what those lights are truly capable of. As previously mentioned we are a group of growers just like you, so while we are a sponsor here. We want you all to feel comfortable and welcome to share and discuss anything you'd like as growers! Any questions you have WILL be answered, I am just a bit thorough in my replies so they may take a bit to get back to you if details are required. But please don't feel ignored if I don't reply to your post right away, more often than not I am gathering data and putting together pictorials on the how and why before I make the reply. Again I apologize for the delays!

Hope all is well for everyone out there! Happy growing! :love::Namaste::love:

So the price listed are w/o the 25% discount? Also can any of the systems be dimmed? I like Amare more than any other company but every new led that comes makes me run away to diy. I am a home grower with lowish buget and can't run to much electricity. I would need 3 Pro 300 for my space: 675x3=2k $ and 900w.
I know I am outperformed with my diy by Amare but gives way better option.
I don't like diy but ... what can I do

So the price listed are w/o the 25% discount? Also can any of the systems be dimmed? I like Amare more than any other company but every new led that comes makes me run away to diy. I am a home grower with lowish buget and can't run to much electricity. I would need 3 Pro 300 for my space: 675x3=2k $ and 900w.
I know I am outperformed with my diy by Amare but gives way better option.
I don't like diy but ... what can I do

Yes, the prices I have listed are WITH OUT the 25% discount available now. None of our systems currently come with dimmable switches. However, for a bump in price we can have them put in if it was something you really need/want. The drivers needed for the dimming feature are larger and we would require a different casing all together to fit them into the unit. Throw in the cost for the switches, new drivers, new aluminum cases, & the lazer engraving, your looking at about 48-50$ added on per panel just for the dimming feature.

Go ahead and send us an email and speak with Victor about your current situation and what it is your interested in product wise. I am sure he will be more than happy to help you out and answer any further questions you may have in regards to the modifications your inquiring about with the lights.

Hope all is well with you and yours! Happy growing! :love::Namaste::love:

Back
Top Bottom