Anyone Use GeoFlora Dry Nutrients?

Does anyone have any experience with the GeoFlora brand of nutrients? It's a two-part (Grow/Bloom) granular nutrient. OMRI certified. "Biological charge added" (contains microbial life).

VEG: 5-3-4 (3% Ca, .5% Mg), apply during transplant and every two weeks as a top dressing. Establishes strong microbial activity for increased nutrient uptake and ability. (From manufacturer.)

Derived from: Alfalfa meal, bat guano, blood meal, bone meal, composted turkey litter, crustacean meal, feather meal, fish bone meal, fish protein hydrolysate, kelp meal (Macrocystis pyrifera), magnesium sulfate, natural volcanic ash, neem seed meal, potassium sulfate, rock phosphate.

BLOOM: 3-5-5 (5% Ca, .75% Mg), diverse P & K sources for immediate and slow release, enhanced secondary metabolite production.

Derived from: See above.

Well I jumped in and ordered a trial of both Megacrop and geoflora.

I’m going to do a side by side with the seeds I’ve got germinating if they get here in time.

I usually use LOS but just want to mix it up a little

I'm 4 weeks into 12/12 of my geoflora experiment. I used the product as directed from the beginning and will continue to do so but next round I'm changing it up.
My theory......the NPK ratio is off a bit for marijuana. To get the amount of N needed to get through the initial "stretch" you get to much P and cause lockout. Then in flower you get the same issue but for K. The grow just doesn't have high enough N. The bloom has to little K.
Next go around I will be cutting the recommended dose by 1/3 maybe 1/2 and add EWC early and some langbenite later or use a splash of Natures Nectar N and K here n there.
I'm not bashing geoflora at all, I believe it could use some help though. As of now I'd say it is a easy product to use and looks like will give good results.

I have been following schedule for Geoflora...added at first transplant and top dressed 2 weeks later. During veg alternated at watering with Growers Recharge, Botanicare pure blend compost tea, and seaweed complex (goal was to keep soil "alive"). No deficiencies and plants growing well.

Plants have been transplanted with bloom formula and lights flipped to 12/12...lots of huge fan leaves (that I prune) and thick stems. Lots of bud sites as well.

Will add pics when I can.

20200315_075327.jpg

Moonwalker Kush start of Week 4 flower. In it's own 2×3 tent under a Spider Farmer 1000.

20200315_074340.jpg

Sour Diesel start of week 4 flower. Sharing a 2x4 tent with a Gorilla Quake (seed I found in a bag from the dispensary ) also start of week 4. Under a Mars Hydro LED and an off brand LED COB.

Attachments

• 20200315_074347.jpg
    20200315_074347.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 162
WARNING: If you have a mouse issue, don't bother getting the GeoFlora samples unless you're fine with either placing them in a sturdy container or having it vanish - because their packaging isn't worth a shit when it comes to rodents. I wouldn't store it in a moist environment, either, because if it isn't smell-proof, it might not be waterproof.

I was thinking about the next grow and was wanting to try using "organic" nutrients. I went out to the shed to make sure that the burglar that struck last year hadn't carried that off, too. It was still there, presumably because the bag is heavy and it would have been too much like work to take the stuff. So I went back inside to take a look at the labels and see if there were feeding instructions on them. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the reason the mice didn't starve over the Winter (when I was going hungry all too often) was that they feasted on that crap.

So, here's my little review of GeoFlora: Does it grow good cannabis? Fuck no, it doesn't, because the owner of the company chose not to spend an estimated seven more cents on some airtight packaging, the bastard. I can say that it's great for growing rodents, though. And pissing people off, it's stellar at that.

I have been using Gia green nutes and they work fantastic and mega crop works great to I hear also , I was a die hard coco grower but this los soil is as easy as you can get, the secret is in the original soil mix , and lots of microbes with organic soil I have more money tied up in additives as you want a good broad spectrum to add in but it only requires very small amounts so my pails of additives are gonna last me for a very long time

@Noobienot

I have a lot of amendments as well from when I first started growing. Now I make a pretty decent base soil and just amend them as needed. My current plants are in some reused soil amended with EWC and vermiculite. I having been using Geoflora nutrients with Growers Recharge. I recently added some Monster Bloom to the regimen.

Does anyone have any experience with the GeoFlora brand of nutrients? It's a two-part (Grow/Bloom) granular nutrient. OMRI certified. "Biological charge added" (contains microbial life).

VEG: 5-3-4 (3% Ca, .5% Mg), apply during transplant and every two weeks as a top dressing. Establishes strong microbial activity for increased nutrient uptake and ability. (From manufacturer.)

Derived from: Alfalfa meal, bat guano, blood meal, bone meal, composted turkey litter, crustacean meal, feather meal, fish bone meal, fish protein hydrolysate, kelp meal (Macrocystis pyrifera), magnesium sulfate, natural volcanic ash, neem seed meal, potassium sulfate, rock phosphate.

BLOOM: 3-5-5 (5% Ca, .75% Mg), diverse P & K sources for immediate and slow release, enhanced secondary metabolite production.

Derived from: See above.
I was actually looking at that line and came here to see if any one had any info.
I'm 4 weeks into 12/12 of my geoflora experiment. I used the product as directed from the beginning and will continue to do so but next round I'm changing it up.
My theory......the NPK ratio is off a bit for marijuana. To get the amount of N needed to get through the initial "stretch" you get to much P and cause lockout. Then in flower you get the same issue but for K. The grow just doesn't have high enough N. The bloom has to little K.
Next go around I will be cutting the recommended dose by 1/3 maybe 1/2 and add EWC early and some langbenite later or use a splash of Natures Nectar N and K here n there.
I'm not bashing geoflora at all, I believe it could use some help though. As of now I'd say it is a easy product to use and looks like will give good results.
I'm currently doing a sponsored grow with GeoFlora Nutes here:

420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

It's the easiest nute regime I've ever used and the plants seem happy. This is from yesterday (more in the thread) at 37 days of 12/12:

I gave up on them. Turned out that they didn't bother to use smell-proof packaging for the samples, so when mice were able to enter the house at will (unrelated issue), they zeroed in on the GeoFlora brand of mouse food and feasted the fuck out of it. I was left with mouse shit and scraps of plastic packaging. Probably won't grow any kind of plant.

Wow... I live in the country and know that ANYTHING that I want to keep away from the critters usually needs to be repackaged and sealed. To give up on any product simply because you don't like their packaging... let's use the word myopic. :nerd-with-glasses:

I too am using the GeoFlora line. I was curious about it and when I saw @Mr. Krip using it, I had to follow in his powerful footsteps. I am in my 2nd week of flower, and have been using the stuff since all the plants have been in solo cups, not holding back at all... as a matter of fact, I accidentally double dosed my Durbans in their first week. Nothing bad happened!

I am sold. I have been looking for a cheap and easily reproducible way to do organic grows that would not be too complicated or difficult for seniors and disabled Vets to use, and the preferred method that I would be highlighting in my upcoming book. I thought I had found my favored method, I even put things on hold to give MegaCrop a good try, but up till now I had chosen to advise using commercially bought supersoil in the bottom third of the container, and using RealGrower's Recharge to create the magic.

@GeoFlora Nutrients is easier than that! Using any soil, add Geoflora Veg or Bloom and worry about nothing but water for the next two weeks. Organics Made Easy... folks, it doesn't get any easier than this. And the results? My plants are huge. There are no deficiencies, there is great color and vigor... this stuff is working! And at the end of the run, these are going to be truly organically grown plants, the tastiest and most potent plants on the planet.

What, I ask you, is not to like? The packaging? Please.

<SHRUGS>. I can get paper shotgun shells, too. But why would I? It'd be different if those were the only type of shotgun shells that I could use to get dinner or protect life and property. Same thing with this stuff - if it was the only thing that was capable of producing cannabis, then I'd deal with the poor packaging. As there are somewhere between dozens and hundreds of products to choose from, all fully capable of doing the job... I don't need to deal with it.

I received the samples at no cost, and unexpectedly. It's a dry "organic" product, and I had some "organic" soil. I thought it might be interesting to do an "organic" cannabis grow. As it happens, I lost the opportunity to do so. That's fine. I have other products available, so no harm done in regards to the "loss of plant nutrient" aspect of the thing. The harm done vis-à-vis it being a viable mouse food is difficult to calculate, but is substantially more than none. The people who package and/or sell the products should place a warning on both the packaging and the product's website stating its other... quality, so that those of us who are not rodentologists would know that it should be treated like other products (e.g., loaves of bread) that can serve as mouse food and that are placed in non-airtight packaging.

I feel the same way about Mega Crop, and for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom