Aurora Indica Feminized - LED - Soil - 4x4 - Grow I

Day 22 - The girls reacted well to the LST I did and already had turned back towards the lights so I decided to do a little more LST today. Where the plant was topped at, I took each new shoot and pulled them down and out a little bit so the middle was exposed. I discovered the one I fimmed actually does have 4 shoots out the middle and the other two shoots that shot out the side when I thought I topped her must have just been that set of leaves on the main stem. Hopefully being in the middle it will get the most light as well.

The soil is getting kind of dry. About 1" down is dry. I wanted to do this extra LST a few days before I watered and I probably will water and feed in a couple days.

Exposing the middle
image13307.jpeg

The stressed out sisters (they will be just fine!)
image13308.jpeg

Quick question! Is there anything specific I should be careful about when LSTing? My thought is that you kind of guide all the big branches away from the middle and down so the middle growth get immediately exposed to light. I'll guide the two stems that I got from each "top" I did away from each other and eventually into the open parts of the pot and then I will let them grow vertical for a bit once they are full and then flip to flower. Obviously this is over like the next 4-5 weeks or so. Does this sound kind of on the right track?

Day 24 - Not a ton to report. I will likely be watering later and adding nutrients as well. Last time I used 1/4 of what was recommended and this time I will use 1/2. I didn't see any effect of burn at all so why not. The soil is pretty dry 2-3 inches down from the surface. I did more LSTing last night so they've been kinda of stressed out for 48 hours. Probably a good time to give them a good water and feeding to perk them up. They are definitely spreading back towards the light so thats the good news. Anxious to see what they look like in a couple days after this feeding. Right now it doesn't look like they've done much the last couple days and that makes sense because the growth really is from the middle inner areas.

Girls are growing up! (Well not really, they're more getting wider)
image13379.jpeg

Quick question! Is there anything specific I should be careful about when LSTing? My thought is that you kind of guide all the big branches away from the middle and down so the middle growth get immediately exposed to light. I'll guide the two stems that I got from each "top" I did away from each other and eventually into the open parts of the pot and then I will let them grow vertical for a bit once they are full and then flip to flower. Obviously this is over like the next 4-5 weeks or so. Does this sound kind of on the right track?

You just bend down what makes sense, only thing you should be careful about is forcing a branch too much at once so it'll snap.
Oh yeah and remove or tuck down large fan leaves shading bud sites.

You just bend down what makes sense, only thing you should be careful about is forcing a branch too much at once so it'll snap.
Oh yeah and remove or tuck down large fan leaves shading bud sites.

Thanks! I totally forgot about tucking the fan leaves. I ran down and did it and when those bud sights are fully exposed now and they are so pretty :)

Day 25 - The plants have really perked up from yesterday. I am going to let them grow for a few days without messing with them and see if they will grow a little more vertical. It looks like they already have started. Two of my plants are about 6" tall and 17" wide. Two of them are 5" tall and about 15" wide and the runt is only 4" tall and about 13" wide.

Family looking happier
image13430.jpeg

Yeah I desperately have the urge to defoil but that seems like a hotly debated topic and I can see both sides of the argument. For now I am just tucking it down to expose the middle

I've heard to lollipop a week after you flip the lights but I've seen people do it at many different stages. Are you familiar with supercropping by any chance? It's for late n the veg stage, but if you haven't heard of it then you should check it out. It also encourages inner growth

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've heard to lollipop a week after you flip the lights but I've seen people do it at many different stages. Are you familiar with supercropping by any chance? It's for late n the veg stage, but if you haven't heard of it then you should check it out. It also encourages inner growth

I have definitely heard of supercropping. I am kind of avoiding using it because I do not want to put the plants through too much HST. Since in supercropping you are physically snapping the plant, I figured that LST would be better due to the fact that you aren't harming the plant but rather guiding it. So far my inner growth has been crazy so right now I'm not sure I need to do anything else more than just sit back and watch for a while. That will be very boring and test my patience for sure :)

Pretty much just going to Top/LST/Top and then SCROG for this setup. That could change if I come across some more research but I don't think it will

I have definitely heard of supercropping. I am kind of avoiding using it because I do not want to put the plants through too much HST. Since in supercropping you are physically snapping the plant, I figured that LST would be better due to the fact that you aren't harming the plant but rather guiding it. So far my inner growth has been crazy so right now I'm not sure I need to do anything else more than just sit back and watch for a while. That will be very boring and test my patience for sure :)

Pretty much just going to Top/LST/Top and then SCROG for this setup. That could change if I come across some more research but I don't think it will

I agree but I'm doing it because then when the plant recovers, a knuckle forms and strengthens the branch allowing for better nutrient flow and its can then hold up heavier colas easier. But I definitely see where you're coming from

I agree but I'm doing it because then when the plant recovers, a knuckle forms and strengthens the branch allowing for better nutrient flow and its can then hold up heavier colas easier. But I definitely see where you're coming from

Ideally I wish I would have discovered fluxing earlier! That is what I really would rather try than anything. It'll be fun to see how your colas are using supercropping. Since I am not going to we can kind of compare!

Ideally I wish I would have discovered fluxing earlier! That is what I really would rather try than anything. It'll be fun to see how your colas are using supercropping. Since I am not going to we can kind of compare!

Yes it will be… Im just as curious to how my colas will be haha but that is one of the reasons why I am doing it. To me that almost what growing is about, trial and error and finding out what works best for you. So that is what I'm really trying to do, is just see what works best for me.

Back
Top Bottom