TheRoach's First - Soil - Aurora Indica - Organic Grow - 600W

The clones treated with Anredera begun rooting during the last 24 hours.
That makes 9 days for rooting, still within the regular timeframe. So Anredera doesnt make the cuttings root faster.
When I took these clones I didnt cut the fan leaves in half as I usually do. I usually scrape the cuttings to expose the cambium layer. I will stop doing that as well. With this batch I noticed that scraping is not required for my method of cloning.
What Anredera did was helping the cuttings scar faster in the cut area.
They look very healthy, and they havent been sprayed nor fed during these 9 days.
From these experiences I have decided to stop cutting the fan leaves in half, stop scrapping the stems and also that spraying is not necessary ( I didnt really spray them, fut I felt I should do it because thats how I learned)
From now on I will just remove a couple fan leaves from the stem, make the cut, soak in anredera and then go to the cloner.
The clones growing in the CC mix are doing very well. I will take pictures later.
Thank you for watching!

I'm missing your enthralling prose. I hope all's well. Just stopped by because.......... I guess I just missed you. One of the nice things about a virtual world is that I can leave the hug like this now

:hug:

And you can pick it up anytime it's convenient to you. That just occurred to me in those terms. We've very creatively changed reality. Share that one with the misses. Special bonus benefits that way. :winkyface:

Hey Sweet, I havent posted a lot lately. You are missed too.
I rearranged my work area and didnt install my computer right away, so it ended up sitting there without being used for a while. It is back in my dektop now, so I can post comfortably with a keyboard again.
I harvested three tops from some of the plants on the 13 so theay have been drying 4 days now. Took some time to read and further educate myself about harvest windows, and desired effects. I know I have harvested these buds early, but I wanted to sample some of it.
I havent bought the basalt dust yet, so my soil mix is still missing an important ingredient. I was thinking about building a ball mill (a device that mills rock to a fine dust by the mechanic action of metal spheres) so I can further refine the raw basalt dust into a much finer dust. If I build it I will share some pictures.
I am going to take some pictures of the rippening buds righ now!
Regards.

I may harvest soon!

2015-09-17_19_57_48.jpg
2015-09-17_19_57_31.jpg
2015-09-17_19_57_02.jpg
2015-09-17_19_57_54.jpg
I harvested this plants main cola and left some popcorn to continue growing
2015-09-17_19_58_03.jpg

And this clones are 3 weeks into flowering. CC style nutrient mix, minus the rock dust
2015-09-17_19_58_13.jpg

Thank you for watching :420:

* Gasp *

About soil. Conradino said something the other day that I wanted to share with you.

Ok, I'm gonna try to answer this as simply as it's possible. Cannabis is a non-fruit giving plant, which means it flowers, that's it. Potassium is a nutrient that is needed mostly by heavy crops: potatoes, tomatoes, apples, cherries and so on, cause it builds their tissue, also cortex in trees.

Cannabis has much lower need for potassium, actually raising its levels will make your terpenes production go down, it will also promote fibre production, it might be also counterproductive to achieving high THC. Instead of much potassium cannabis thrives in soil with high calcium and magnesium content, which is what High Brix grows take advantage of cause these nutrients compete with potassium in soil through cation channels. As far as phosphorus is concerned cannabis uses it only to trigger flowering, build roots and carry other nutrients from the soil. Phosphorus doesn't build flowers! Unfortunately using mycorrhizae with fertilizers rich in phosphorus doesn't mix well as mycos will slow down their reproduction over 80 ppm in soil and completely stop over 130 ppm, thus giving your roots a hard time. Also bacteria prefer feeding on calcium and magnesium. In other words using heavy fertlizers like bloodmeal, bonemeal and bat guano is totally unnecessary in LOS types of grows. The only way it works is if you're working on improving yield at any cost, but it's a double-edged sword cause you're also lowering the quality that way, and I know cause I've been there.

I'll make it simple, take some soil from your garden or nearest meadow or forest, add 10-20% compost, and make a full grow in it! If it works you can get further, and I guarantee you it will :slide:

A little food for thought from a true Master Cultivator. Stop worrying about the rock dust. If you get it add it. Go simpler. Conradino's on to something.

Those buds are looking awesome roach!

Thank you Ganjazz, I still hope they fatten a bit more before chopping. They aren't as frosty as I am used to with other grows. I guess they will get frostier with practice. Thank you for stopping by bro!

thank you Vlad, I may start another journal soon. Thank you or stopping by, my friend. Did you make your mind with the vape?

Edit: I feel adding Anredera drench twice to this buds may have been just too much nitrogen (empirical evidence makes think so) and that accounts for the dark green color of the leaves. Also, I´m convinced that the 7-9 weeks flowering time advertised is not that accurate. If im not wrong these buds should go at least another 10-15 days. I want them for insomnia and pain relief, so I should wait longer I guess.

Hey roach hope your good, your ladies look awsome by the way! all those orange hairs mean they were well taken care of (I think). But the fan leaves don't seem to be yellowing yet so I assume you got more time...im no expert though lol! do you use a magnifier to check the trichs before chopping?

The
thank you Vlad, I may start another journal soon. Thank you or stopping by, my friend. Did you make your mind with the vape?

Edit: I feel adding Anredera drench twice to this buds may have been just too much nitrogen (empirical evidence makes think so) and that accounts for the dark green color of the leaves. Also, I´m convinced that the 7-9 weeks flowering time advertised is not that accurate. If im not wrong these buds should go at least another 10-15 days. I want them for insomnia and pain relief, so I should wait longer I guess.

Yes, your guess would be right. Hold off for the amber.

Thank you brother. Tell me, is it me or these buds look odd?
I have grown other strains, and havent had buds like these. They are, uhm, peculiar?

Back
Top Bottom