Meffa's First Online Journal: 8-Ball Kush, Vanilla Kush, Aurora Indica & Peyote Gorilla

I took a trip to the tent and had to take a few pics. Other than the random leaf nute marking the plants are doing pretty amazing. Vanilla Kush is thickening up and Aurora Indica is like a big bouquet.

DSC_0173.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 8-Ball Kush ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DSC_0174.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^8-Ball Kush^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
DSC_0175.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Vanilla Kush^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DSC_0177.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Aurora Indica^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DSC_0178.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^My All Female Rock Band!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Today is Friday April 2nd and it's been almost 6 weeks since the flip to 12/12. The buds on Peyote Gorilla are crazy sticky! I had to use 5 yoyo's just for that one plant, and when I was attaching the hooks my hands rubbed against the plant and wow is it seriously sticky.

I watered today and they took their usual 9-10gl between them. I could have watered yesterday but didn't realize it until it was 15min before lights out so I waited. I'm not sure if I didn't give them quite as much with their last watering but I'm going to start checking closer to days 3 & 4 to see if I need to start going a day or so earlier than I have been as they might just be drinking more as we head into the home stretch.

yo-yo work on display. I re-hooked everything after realizing things were a little tangled up in there. Takes a bit of time but how can you not like propping up months of hard work! I also tied the heck out of one of the 8-Ball Kush's. Basically just tying branches from the opposite side of each other to use themselves as support. This is the epitome of team work, branches helping branches, what more could I ask for from my all-girl rock band!

DSC_0179.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yo-yo's on Peyote Gorilla^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DSC_0181.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Vanilla Kush, oh how I love thee!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DSC_0182.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Aurora Indica, the cannabis bouquet!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DSC_0183.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Aurora Indica to the left, Vanilla Kush to the right^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Closeups of 8-Ball Kush and Vanilla Kush. I can pretty much zoom in with these pics to check trichomes. I have weeks to go but reminding myself to use the real camera with the longer lens. I have a macro lens adapter for my iphone but this is easier.

DSC_0189.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Vanilla Kush^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DSC_0185.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^8-Ball Kush^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Today is Tuesday April 6th and it's been 4 days since my gorgeous girls were watered. I've been going 5 days between watering but it seems they're drinking more quickly so I watered today and they drank their usual 9 gallons. I added Ca/Mg, fulvic acid, and liquid Kelp. I also added 1qt of coconut water to the last 1.5gl.

I had been adding Ca/Mg all along at the lowest rate listed but there are a few leaf markings that I believe are showing signs of a deficiency, so I didn't add any the last two times I watered but I added fulvic and liquid kelp. I thought I might have been locked out and wanted to go a couple of watering's without adding any. The plants themselves look extremely happy, the buds are growing great, and the leaf markings aren't spreading so I added Ca/Mg today. I read that Kush strains can be really hungry so I may not have been giving enough Ca/MG, and I'm using R/O water so there's that too. I'm about 6.5 weeks from the flip to 12/12 and don't really think I'll be able to screw this up with what I've been doing (I hope!). Such a learning process, and while making mistakes really sucks I'm definitely learning from them and getting better every day.

It's Sunday April 11th and 7 weeks since the flip to 12/12. I watered yesterday and they drank their usual 9gl. I added Ca/Mg, Silica, Fulvic, and a weak Terp Tea that I had aerating and today they seem as happy as can be! I should have 2-3 weeks left and I top dressed with GeoFlora yesterday for the last time. It says to stop two weeks before harvest so this timing worked out well. I'm watering every 4 days now so I should have to water 4-5 more times to get to the finish line.

Aurora Indica has a more blunted shape and I think she may be foxtailing. I'll take some pics tomorrow, but other than that they're all doing really amazing. The colas are glistening with trichomes to the point where it looks like the colas were just sprayed with water. Compared to my last two indoor grows this is just head and shoulders above and tons easier. A lot of my sugar leaves got crispy by this point (if not sooner) on the earlier grows, but these girls don't have any of that, just the natural leaf progression associated with fulfilling their destiny!

Some pics of Aurora Indica and what I think might be foxtailing. I grew one Aurora prior and it did the same thing, so this may just be a characteristic of the strain. None of the other four plants are exhibiting this and the temperature in tent has been constant.

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

Today is Wednesday April 14th and I think my girls might be in the harvest zone, or damn near close. It's 60 days since the flip today and I wanted to take some pics with the LED off. When I zoomed in I started seeing some amber, which really surprised me, though the stated flowering times for 8-Ball are 55 days, Vanilla Kush is 60 days, Peyote Gorilla is 70 days, and Aurora Indica is 9-11 weeks, so I guess that magical times is fast approaching.

I just watered today and top dressed with GeoFlora with my previous watering, though I wouldn't have top dressed that last time if I realized they were so close.

One thing that's throwing me off is the big fans aren't as yellow and easy to pluck off like my previous grows. This may be normal for an organic grow.

DSC_0199.JPG

DSC_0201.JPG

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0213.JPG

So my math was off yesterday and I'm not 60 days in, I'm 53. I guess I counted an extra week. In any event, I took some closeups with my macro lens. If anyone is looking at this would you mind letting me know what you think about the trichomes? I see some amber but it looks to be mostly on the sugar leaves. I have 5 plants and am posting a pic of each.

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

It's Sunday April 18th and it's been 8 weeks since the flip to 12/12. I was going to harvest some this weekend but checking trichomes I think I'm Ok waiting another week. I watered this morning and added bee pollen, a touch of honey, silica, and coconut water.

Timber!!!!! Well I'll be yelling timber on Sunday. These ladies are done and I'm planning to shut the lights tonight until Sunday morning. I'll be putting a screw through the base of the trunk ala Emilya. I'll post some pics later today before the chop.

Timber!!!!! Well I'll be yelling timber on Sunday. These ladies are done and I'm planning to shut the lights tonight until Sunday morning. I'll be putting a screw through the base of the trunk ala Emilya. I'll post some pics later today before the chop.
Well it's been quite the experience, and a good one for sure. I definitely liked not having to mix nutrients into the water and having the plants in fabric pots and being able to let them suck up any runoff was a big win in my book.

DSC_0240.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

Well it's been quite the experience, and a good one for sure. I definitely liked not having to mix nutrients into the water and having the plants in fabric pots and being able to let them suck up any runoff was a big win in my book.

DSC_0240.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

Hey @meffa how are you my friend.
Congratulations on your upcoming harvest.
Do you leave them in the dark before you chop?
Its too bad you can only enter one plant in the plant of the month contest.
I see at least 3 that could win easily. Are you getting pics to enter one?
Great work.
Bill

Hey @meffa how are you my friend.
Congratulations on your upcoming harvest.
Do you leave them in the dark before you chop?
Its too bad you can only enter one plant in the plant of the month contest.
I see at least 3 that could win easily. Are you getting pics to enter one?
Great work.
Bill
Hi Bill! Yes 36hours in dark before the chop and I'm going to drive a screw through the base of the plant. I used this method on my first grow and got it from Emilya. This is my third indoor grow and things have turned out pretty good so far so I'm going to stick with it. Actually Emily gives them an ice water drink as well. I just watered so I may skip that.

I haven't paid much attention to contests, though I do see peoples tags that list grow journal of the month etc..... I guess I should enter huh? Why not, I spend enough time here!

Hi Bill! Yes 36hours in dark before the chop and I'm going to drive a screw through the base of the plant. I used this method on my first grow and got it from Emilya. This is my third indoor grow and things have turned out pretty good so far so I'm going to stick with it. Actually Emily gives them an ice water drink as well. I just so I may skip that.

I haven't paid much attention to contests, though I do see peoples tags that list grow journal of the month etc..... I guess I should enter huh? Why not, I spend enough time here!
Awesome plants. P.O.T.M for sure my friend.
Bill

Awesome plants. P.O.T.M for sure my friend.
Bill
Any tips on taking pics? Lights on or off? Closeup pic or whole plant? Now you have me wanting to enter! Peyote Gorilla has stunning colors, but Vanilla Kush looks like a mountain range of thick colas. Nice to have options I suppose. :yahoo:

Any tips on taking pics? Lights on or off? Closeup pic or whole plant? Now you have me wanting to enter! Peyote Gorilla has stunning colors, but Vanilla Kush looks like a mountain range of thick colas. Nice to have options I suppose. :yahoo:
Go have a look at this month's contests. See what pics/ plants look good. Try doing a couple pics same way. :thumb:

The harvest is done and it was both grueling and epic at the same time! My first 8-Ball Kush was oozing amber resin which I haven't seen with any of my previous harvests. I weighed that plant after trimming and she clocked in at 688 grams wet, so it should end up between 4-6 zips after it's done drying. I was hoping for 4 zips so this should be good.

Check out the amber resin oozing out. It was all over this plant.

Amber Droplets.png

The harvest is done and it was both grueling and epic at the same time! My first 8-Ball Kush was oozing amber resin which I haven't seen with any of my previous harvests. I weighed that plant after trimming and she clocked in at 688 grams wet, so it should end up between 4-6 zips after it's done drying. I was hoping for 4 zips so this should be good.

Check out the amber resin oozing out. It was all over this plant.

Amber Droplets.png
Congrats my friend.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom