Meffa's First Online Journal: 8-Ball Kush, Vanilla Kush, Aurora Indica & Peyote Gorilla

Today is Friday Jan 29th and these girls are 55 days old. I just watered all plants with RO water. It had been 6 days since their last watering, and they had gone 9 days before that. They went 9 days without watering due to being topped and not drinking much for a few days after, but they're back to growing and drinking and I expect 6 days between watering will probably turn to 5 or 4 next time out. The tent is also a bit warmer with the extra light and Co2 going.

Fungus gnats are mounting a charge! I have GNATROL WDG BTI and SNS209 on order and will use which ever gets here first. The yellow sticky traps are doing a pretty good job in the meantime.

The clones are showing pretty good roots and I'll probably pot some this weekend. I took these for a friend I'm helping along, but it's so tempting to say what's one more plant if I keep it small and tuck it in somewhere! I have Peyote Gorilla in flower right now and she's gorgeous with lots of frost to the point where it looks like velvet, and the color is just spectacular. If I were to keep one Peyote Gorilla would be it!

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

8-Ball Kush
good job... keep on those gnats though... they can really mess up a grow.

good job... keep on those gnats though... they can really mess up a grow.
Thank you, Emilya. I just realized I had some SNS203 left so I just used it up. I'm going to put down some barley straw too.

Hope you manage to get those gnats gone soon. Plants are looking lovely:green_heart:
Thanks Vet. I soil drenched 1gl of SNS203 between the five plants and I'm not seeing any activity. I love the smell of the SNS too!

2 days after an SNS203 drench and the fungus gnats are back! This time I'm better prepared though. I had enough SNS203 to mix 32oz in a spray bottle so I hit the surface of every plant and got those buggers moving (until they weren't). I went around twice and I think it did a pretty good job. After that I mixed a gallon of Gnatrol Wdg to kill the larvae. I ordered more SNS203 and will continue to use it in the spray bottle because it's a contact killer and you can do a pretty good job with the spray bottle and not waste a lot. Instructions for the Gnatrol say once per week for three weeks. I feel pretty good about this two pronged approach and I also have SNS209 on the way, so hopefully keeping my foot on the gas will pay off.

I'm looking for a little help with identifying the reddish dot that's on the right hand side of the single plant close up. There are a couple more on the back side that you can't see.

Does this look like a deficiency or the start of nute burn?

It seems minor but I'd love to head things off before they get out of hand. I was wondering the other day if it's possible to grow a plant end to end without seeing some sort of deficiency or toxicity along the way?

DSC_0147.JPG

DSC_0148.JPG

Looks like a little tip burn on the far right hand leaf. Is it the spot on the right hand colas inner fan leaf you're referring to? How's the general colour of the leaves? Any chance a drop of something was splashed on there and burnt the leaf under the light?

Looks like a little tip burn on the far right hand leaf. Is it the spot on the right hand colas inner fan leaf you're referring to? How's the general colour of the leaves? Any chance a drop of something was splashed on there and burnt the leaf under the light?
Hi Vet. The tips are good, could be camera glare or something. I just took what I hope are better pics. I don't think it's due to splash. I took a pic of a different plant that I just noticed is a bit worse off, but the rest of the plant is ok and the location of the leaf makes me think that could be due to something splashing.

I'm not stressed over this, but figured since I'm taking the time to document this stuff I might as well take you good folks up on some help!

First two pics are the same plant, last pic is a difference plant, but the same strain (8-Ball Kush)

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

Could be. Would be nice to see the true colour of the leaves if possible. But I don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about right now. Right to question it and look out for anything changing though. I know Emilya is following along so she may have more for you.

Today is Thursday Feb 3rd and these ladies have been in soil for 60 days today! They were topped 17 days ago and I'm gearing up for their second/final topping in a day or so.

I watered all plants and added coconut water and SNS209 to help with the fungus gnats. The instructions say to use SNS209 for five straight watering's, so that's what I'll do. I top dressed with GeoFlora veg and Roots Organic Elemental.

I noticed the gnats like to hang outside the fabric pots at the bottom, so I've been spraying a shot of SNS203 down there to get them moving and into my line of fire. I've really stayed on top of these buggers the last few days and it seems to be paying off. I'll prob switch out the yellow bug stickies when I top to give me a baseline of what's going on while I'm not around.

I put my friends clones into soil three days ago and they seem to be doing well. Overall I'm pretty happy with what's going on with this organic grow.

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

I decided to take a closer look at this all girl rock band to see if they were ready for their second topping, and I was very happy to see that they were! Actually, going by Nebula's method that I wanted to follow they were a little past ready, but that's fine, to me it just means they should be stronger and more able to shrug off another haircut. It took me a few minutes to get my bearings straight with figuring out the node structure, but I eventually figured it out. I had the primary node bent almost to horizontal and looking at the alternating nodes, especially the ones on the underside growing down confused me at first.

The nodes on the Vanilla Kush are so tight that it was well past the recommended 4 nodes for the second top that I ended up leaving three sets of nodes on either side, so she will have 12 main colas. We'll see how fat they do or don't get. I love the top-down view. They're so flat and uniform like little bonsai's.

8-Ball Kush in the middle and Vanilla on the right look like a 8 & 12 cylinder Ferrari engines! These two strains are really built for this type of training. Aurora Indica and Peyote Gorilla are a little more lanky but they'll do just fine. I changed out the yellow sticky traps while I had them out and I vacuumed up all the dead fungus gnats in the tent. I'm really enjoying using SNS203 in a spray bottle. It's become like a game for me shooting these suckers dead.

I peeled back the grow bag (GeoPot w/velcro) and saw a some tiny roots at the edge which made me smile. After they've had time to recover, in say 10-14 days I'm planning to put them into their final 7gl flowering pots. I've had Coast of Maine in a couple of covered plastic bins for a bit with some amendments and I mixed up the Rev's high-P spike mix for flowering. I feel like I have some momentum with this grow and hope it continues throughout flower.

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

Looking great. All on track for a beautiful grow. I followed nebulas manifold method for my gorilla glue that's just finishing up now. Think it will be my best yield yet.
I just took at peek at your GG. Wow! That is a serious looking plant. Any yield estimates, or are you shooting for a number?

I just took at peek at your GG. Wow! That is a serious looking plant. Any yield estimates, or are you shooting for a number?
Thank you! Well she's only in a 4 litre pot and in a 40x40x100cm tent so not huge. Hoping for 4oz but really not sure what I'll get. The colas are about 13" of pure bud.

Thank you! Well she's only in a 4 litre pot and in a 40x40x100cm tent so not huge. Hoping for 4oz but really not sure what I'll get. The colas are about 13" of pure bud.
4oz in a 4ltr pot in that small of a space sounds incredible. I just did the cm to in conversion and that is tiny! The plant does look top notch.

Yeah I've learnt to grow in small spaces. Lol. Best result so far was nearly 5oz from 3 autos in my stealth cabinet that is 64cm tall. It was a little cramped in there at the end :rofl: It's fun to do.

Today is Wed Feb 10th and I could use some help identifying leaf issues. I spotted a piece missing from a leaf on three plants, along with some other yellow/rust discoloring that I was hoping someone could help me identify.

I sprayed all plants with Monterey BT last night as a precaution in case there's a caterpillar of similar slithering around in there. I just watered and foliar sprayed with Fulvic/Kelp/Silica as a regular application and to try and rinse off the Monterey as I believe it doesn't need to stay on there dried for an excessive amount of time. I might be wrong with that, but I wanted to at least explain the whitish spotting that's a result of the BT and Fulvic foliar spray.

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

Some of the spotting is bug damage ... and definitely something large is crawling around in there and eating lots of leaf matter. Some of the other spotting looks to be the beginnings of a magnesium deficiency, I think... I would wait on treating that until you get that bug found, drawn and quartered and its head put on a pike to warn any future pests that might happen by, not to mess with the likes of you.

Back
Top Bottom