AussieBlue's Perpetual Grow Journal: Next Generation

Damn, still no pic posting. Anyway the Candy mother i put in is doing well. Will be 6" over the screen come the 2 week mark on sunday. Easy. Veg plants are super healthy. Had one go bushy more than up so that clone will get a tub sunday. The 4 way and the Black Candy #1 are close to done. Pity the Doc Holidays buds ran, cause damn it is frosting up like a snowman. Need sunglasses to look at it.
On a very lucky note i had 2 police turn up last night and come in for a chat. Yes i nearly had a fucking heart attack, anxiety attack and shit and piss myself at the same time. Luckily i had just sprayed the house and they came in and talked about an unrelated mater i somehow got nominated in, thanked me and went on their merry way. Now thats stealth put to the test. Terrifying. I was nearly crying when they left. If it was any other night of the week it could have been completely different. Still thanking the gods.
Have to say how glad I am that your still free. Hope you stay that way and can keep on growing.

That cop visit must have been something Aussie. Give the ol' ticker a run for its money. Glad everything went by smoothly. I think the phrase "shitting bricks" works pretty well there. My grow is in a spare room at the back of the house so thankfully it's far from the front door, but we've had an attempted break-in (several actually) before I got the setup and the cops came round and stood right by the window the grow is now in (thankfully it wasn't there then). Growing is lots of fun but damn can it be stressful when visitors drop in, especially unannounced.

Since then ive had even more drama, so i have cleaned out as much as i can from the house. Even all my personal stash. All gone to market. Got two tubs ready to harvest over the next two days and then it will be a lot less hanging around. But despite a big part of my brain telling me to shut down, im going to battle on. Just minimising the damage. Seeds are stashed away in waterproof containers and buried in the bush. So we can rebuild.
If im going to get done it will be in the next 28 days, and i wont have enough for them to not be embarrased by busting me.

The candy mother is 6" above the screen at day 13 12/12 and just forming up nice fluff balls.
Pulled the GTX and Critical sensi star and something else. Will try get some pollen from the bubblegums in the next few days and scrap them. Got some of the Flow seeds sprung shoots. Will put then in jiffys and hide in the garden. Will also hide the gunslinger male in the garden. That will bring me down to 5 candy plants of pretty small size atm. Just need to make it through this week ideally. Worst case i get done for personal cultivation. Slapped on the wrist and told ive been a very naughty boy.

In Australia its 10 plants or more is a felony because of the amount being seen as an "intent to sell" and can get up to 10 years in prison, whereas less than 10 plants is considered personal and could get a year in jail. I'd actually been meaning to ask fellow Aussies on how many plants they grow and if they try to keep it under 10. When you got a bunch of different seeds/genetics you wanna try it's damn hard to stick with so few, especially if you wanna breed any. But good thinking with hiding seeds and pulling plants to minimize any potential damage. What are some of the warning signs you've noticed to suggest a potential visit in the next month?

Nah you need over 101 plant before jail. Thats commercial quantity. Anything else you should be right. All depends how much eveidence they can conjure up. We dont have enough jails for pot growers.
Warming signs are just people i know and a fanily incident bringing heat my way. Even tho i have nothing to do with either ive been questioned on both just as normal procedure. Just hasnt been my week.

And yeah breeding wise its impossible to stay at low numbers. Mate all could be totally fine, its just too many uninvited visitors for one week. Ive come too far and just got to the perfect perpetual point to throw the towel in on a knee jerk reaction. Ill take the gamble.

According to Lawstuff Australia more than 101 plants is considered commercial quantity which could get up to 25 years to life, but more than 10 is considered a ‘trafficable quantity’ and could get a maximum of 15 years (dang I thought it was 10, unless it's different between states). Not sure how hard cops go after small time growers in Australia but there's still laws against growing/possession, even though those laws are total bullshit. It's usually up to the individual discretion of the cops involved as to what they do, so it's a good idea to always be nice.

I wouldn't wanna throw in the towel either but better to be safe than sorry. Wind it down for a bit, keep a few good plants/genetics growing, then in a month or two when things calm down plant a whole bunch more seeds of some of your crosses and start pheno hunting again. It's just a little vacation.

I'd say you're doing the best thing. It's probably nothing but on the off chance it's something keep under 10 plants for the next 1-2 months and you should be fine, if not atleast we'll hear from you again in a year instead of 15.

But enough of the spooky talk, it's time to blaze up and chill out. I'm talking to me here but feel free to toke along.

The solo black gold x candy has some thumping buds on it. Surprising me. Nearly all trimmed up.
The bubblegums opened up this morning so i pollinated a bud on candy and they are gone.

Yeah bubblegum is one of my favourites. Hopefully i find a good one mixed with candy. I hit one side branch with two different males. Bound to be something interesting.

Back
Top Bottom