DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure

I have decided to start flushing Chocolope and 24K Gold.

24K Gold is at 54F. I figure the chop target date will be 27th/28th, taking her to 64/65F. I took my round 1 24K2 at that point and it's a pretty evenly balanced hybrid, relative to the 1 pheno which is more indica leaning. I want to be able to have it in the afternoon from time to time without it dragging me out for the rest of the day.

Chocolope is at 56F. DNA has her at 8-9+ weeks which I always assumed to mean 10. I'm going to be very busy after next weekend for a period, so I'm going to have to take her a little earlier than I hoped - which is fine. My next available harvesting day isn't likely until November 10/11 - which would mean 80F. I feel like taking her around 66/67F might be the safer bet for a strain the breeder recommends going 56-63. Any sativa pros want to offer an opinion? I want to be able to have it on the weekend morning when the wife and kids are gone out and not have it drag me out, or on a summer evening when I'm out doing something fun. I figure "early" is the better fit.

Of course, this may have influenced my decision to want to get Chocolope down...

flower-20171017-CH1-56F-002-1000x1000.jpg
flower-20171017-CH1-56F-001-1000x1000.jpg

If she has a lot of sativa in her she may never lose all the white pistils, just have to go on trichomes. Some pure sativas never mature according to what most people consider mature.

If she has a lot of sativa in her she may never lose all the white pistils, just have to go on trichomes. Some pure sativas never mature according to what most people consider mature.

She's a 95% sativa. OG Chocolate Thai x Cannalope Haze. Live and learn I guess - this first sativa has taught me a lot.

What's the earliest you'd recommend taking her down after starting the flush, PW? Last night was a plain water night (I've been going 3 nutes / 1 water in a cycle), so technically she's on night 2 of flush tonight.

She's a 95% sativa. OG Chocolate Thai x Cannalope Haze. Live and learn I guess - this first sativa has taught me a lot.

What's the earliest you'd recommend taking her down after starting the flush, PW? Last night was a plain water night (I've been going 3 nutes / 1 water in a cycle), so technically she's on night 2 of flush tonight.

Give here a week to be safe

1 male & 1 female will give standard seeds, offspring will be 50% male & 50% female.

To get feminised seeds you need to spray a branch on a female plant with a silver solution.

She will then produce pollen sacs and the pollen will be female, use that to pollinate a female flower and you'll have your fem seeds.

I'm up way too late, but I had to add a final note on Kushy before finishing up. She was ready to come out tonight after 11 days in the fridge. I jarred her up and got:

Trim: 44.57g
Popcorn: 6.09g

Bud: 61.91g

2.18 oz! I'm very happy so far. Looks like I'll have to set a much higher goal for my next round of flower!

Quick update on the status of both tents. I'll do a proper veg update this weekend.

Chocolope at 58F, 8 weeks + 2 days. I did not expect to be counting the days until she can come down quite yet. She's not going to make it to 10 weeks - target chop date is 66F, but I may jump the gun and take her down over a couple of nights once a week of flush is done - Tuesday.

flower-20171019-CH1-58F-001-700x1050.jpg
flower-20171019-CH1-58F-002-1050x700.jpg
flower-20171019-CH1-58F-003-1050x700.jpg

24K Gold at 56F, 8 weeks on the nose. She's still got swelling left, I think. She'll likely come down on 67F, simply because I won't have any time for a week+ after that to chop her.

flower-20171019-24K2-56F-001-700x1050.jpg

The veg tent. Clockwise starting front right: Royal Gorilla, Candida, Violator Kush, Critical. I've been doing all sorts of things, just by feel at this point as I try to get some of the nuances of training down.

veg-20171019-all-001-1050x700.jpg
veg-20171019-all-002-1050x700.jpg

Royal Gorilla was late to the party but has definitely arrived. You can see the bent branches there to even up the canopy heading into the flip, but overall she's in a great place for success in flower, despite her unorthodox look.

Candida is still super thin and lanky, and I've left far more leaves because of how less bushy she is. Her structure is fine though, just a little long on the stronger tops, so I'm interested to see how she flowers out and I haven't ruled out more aggressive defoliation and supercropping to get things in order.

Violator Kush has an odd top - it took direct fan attention for a day accidentally a few weeks back and now even the new growth from that top is like it. No other tops look like it though. In any case, she's continued to be compact and bushy, and should be a stocky, heavy plant in time, I think.

Finally Critical by RQS continues to be big dog. She's set up very nicely for flower. She should be the beast of the bunch in the end. I've left just a little of the lower tops to see if they have one last chance of getting up to the canopy, but I'll likely clip them at or before the flip.

Back
Top Bottom