DobeWan's First Grow! LA Confidential & 24K Gold - LED - 3x3 - Coco

Re: DobeWan's First Grow! LA Confidential & 24K Gold - LED - 3x3 - Coco

I am not, nor will I ever be a leaf fan!! Lol!! No way!! Grew up a Habs fan having no team here in the city until '92, and slowly shifted my support to the home team. Attended many games with my dad and uncle at the old Forum. Some of my fondest memories. Habs fan? Better than a leaf fan! Lol!! I'll take it.

That's awesome Mike. I didn't grow up here and never got to see a game at the old Forum but my dad and I have gone to see the Habs a bunch of times at the Centre Bell.

I follow the Sens as a guilty pleasure. I'll talk smack about them but when the chips are down, I cheer for them over most teams.

That said - I've already started brainwashing my son to be a Habs fan too!

I always tell people I actually remember 2 Habs Cup wins - 86 and 93 - and that thus qualifies me to talk trash about their team!

Of course I don't trash the Pens, or Hawks, or Wings, or...

We definitely would share some soccer views, G2HM. But I'm confident you'd kick my ass if we laced up!

The Canadian women play a fantastic game. I was like every other Canadian and followed along with the battles with the Americans. I'm not at all surprised to hear you talk about the intense pressure to perform through injury and the disgust at the diving. I can never appreciate Cristiano Ronaldo as a player because of his diving.

You've probably shared the pitch with a few great players in your day G2HM? I know she's a little younger but have you ever met Christine Sinclair and if so, what's she like?

I can respect a Liverpool fan, I know many of them! Our teams face off soon though so maybe the soccer talk should be put on hold. At least we can mutually hate on the Manchester teams! :laugh:

*When I was on tour when I was 14, the US were always our nemisis, and also our comrads. Glad that you had a chance to see womens' soccer for what it is and was. Why would we ever fake an injury when that would make us appear weak. The last thing you ever wanted to appear, as a woman, is week. There was great honour and pride in our leagues.

*Yah that CR guy is just another mule like the rest of them. I can't respect him as a footballer. Nope. Who fake cries on a pitch for attention? Come on now. Noone cries like that for real unless they break a leg. I just don't get it...lol Here I am, a woman, complaining about a male athlete crying on the pitch. How times have changed...lol

*Although that name Christine Sinclair, sounds familiar, my greatest celebrity moment was being invited to train with Tony Waiters. He was the coach for the mens US soccer team. He came up to Ontario where I was living. My best soccer friend, whom I'm still best friends with, where invited to attend his training clinic and we were the only 2 girls chosen to join a large group of older boys. It was the best soccer players in Ontario chosen.

*I just happen to look up Tony Waiters to see how his name is spelt and how shiz he's working in a city close by. How crazy.

*Anyways, I idolized him because he treated me like I was just like the boys and I appreciated that. He didn't single us out and we played 10 x harder than the boys. I can remember him showing me how to defend the ball at all costs. Then burst out in a sprint, yah, it was a shining moment at such a young age.

*I learned how to compete against men, fairly, and how to size up their weaknesses quickly. I swear sports saved me life, gave me an avenue to be FEARLESS. If you were in my way of a header, I would climb on top of you to head the ball first.

*But anyways, wow, stroll down memory lane. I would live and die for the sport and the confidence it gave me to compete in male dominated industries throughout my life. Hence, me growing too I guess.

*I'm gonna see if I can catch the game, do you have a date and time? Also, any non-manchester fan, is a friend of mine...lol. K, now I gotta start watching the league. Not too many women like football as much as me, so this is a welcome challenge...;)

*OH and thanks for the compliment about lacing up, I appreciate that. When I take my husband out to the pitch to kick the ball around, I always give him a good go. Show off a couple Pélé moves, always want to impress my guy.

*Congrats on chopping down you 24K's. Now you get to focus on the KKush? I rambled on about sports again, sorry. ;)

*When I was on tour when I was 14, the US were always our nemisis, and also our comrads. Glad that you had a chance to see womens' soccer for what it is and was. Why would we ever fake an injury when that would make us appear weak. The last thing you ever wanted to appear, as a woman, is week. There was great honour and pride in our leagues.

That's awesome, and it definitely comes through in the women's play that I've watched.

*Although that name Christine Sinclair, sounds familiar, my greatest celebrity moment was being invited to train with Tony Waiters. He was the coach for the mens US soccer team. He came up to Ontario where I was living. My best soccer friend, whom I'm still best friends with, where invited to attend his training clinic and we were the only 2 girls chosen to join a large group of older boys. It was the best soccer players in Ontario chosen.

*I just happen to look up Tony Waiters to see how his name is spelt and how shiz he's working in a city close by. How crazy.

*Anyways, I idolized him because he treated me like I was just like the boys and I appreciated that. He didn't single us out and we played 10 x harder than the boys. I can remember him showing me how to defend the ball at all costs. Then burst out in a sprint, yah, it was a shining moment at such a young age.

This is the kind of example that I always point to when talking about how beneficial organized team sports are. This experience had a positive effect on the rest of your life! You should drop your old coach an email some time, I bet he'd appreciate it.

Christine Sinclair is the current captain of our national women's team. She's getting older (as far as national team players go) but hopefully she'll still play in the 2020 Olympics. I watched Canada closely in the last 2 Olympic tournaments and Christine was our best player, and in fact was one of the best in the 2012 tournament as I recall. Really smart player which I always appreciate! Making smart decisions in soccer is so challenging.

*I learned how to compete against men, fairly, and how to size up their weaknesses quickly. I swear sports saved me life, gave me an avenue to be FEARLESS. If you were in my way of a header, I would climb on top of you to head the ball first.

*But anyways, wow, stroll down memory lane. I would live and die for the sport and the confidence it gave me to compete in male dominated industries throughout my life. Hence, me growing too I guess.
No doubt the things you learned have been applied elsewhere. I love sports, and the confidence they help teach is a major benefit. They teach all kinds of life lessons.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, I was super intrigued reading through your thread about your soccer days and it wasn't something you really got into, so thanks for that!

*I'm gonna see if I can catch the game, do you have a date and time? Also, any non-manchester fan, is a friend of mine...lol. K, now I gotta start watching the league. Not too many women like football as much as me, so this is a welcome challenge...;)
Your timing could not have been more perfect! Arsenal travels to Anfield on Sunday, August 27 to play Liverpool. The game starts at 11:00 EST. That said it looks like it's on Sportsnet World which is a premium channel so it might be tough to watch (I hate when they do this!). I'll probably try to find a stream or maybe even go to a pub.

I could talk sports all day. But I appreciate folks are here for the grow! :laugh: I sorted out the flower tent last night so I'll share pics and get my perpetual thread up soon. Until then - Kushy is indeed looking fantastic. It is really setting up nicely and the pistils are coming out.

I'm planning to run 4 plants in 3 gallon pots for my next round of flower. The spots will open in 60-70 days. I have 3 spots filled, with 1 each of the following:

Candida
Violator Kush
Royal Gorilla

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on the 4th spot. Options I've considered:

- Take a Kushy Kush clone. I have no more KK seeds and she has grown very nicely so far.

- Grow a second of either of those 3. I'm lowest on hybrids and if Royal Gorilla is as dank as they say it's tempting. I use more indica than hybrids though so a second Violator is tempting too. Could even grow out 3 seeds of 1 strain, keep the best as a mother and flower the other 2. Candida at a minimum is a strain I'll probably keep around.

- Grow another seed of different genetics. I have my stack of freebies including a few autos. Of my freebies, Seedsman Blueberry, Seedsman White Widow, Royal Critical, Royal Amnesia x OG, and Barney's Liberty Haze are my favourite options. Of note is that I don't use a ton of sativa, and have a big Chocolope in flower now. So no rush on more sativa.

The one I have going is doing fantastically so far and seems ready to produce in flower. I've been eyeing a couple of potential cuttings. I've been leaning more and more to this option. Probably why I listed it first - subconscious telling me it's the best choice!

The heavier the better for me. I've had dispensary Critical Kush before and enjoyed it. In fact I'm looking at CBD Critical Cure as a potential option for my wife.

That's a nice endorsement Jgrow. Liberty Haze was touted as a Cup winner so I'm not surprised you've enjoyed it. I'm just a little leery of running a sativa 2 times in a row since sativa for me is purely recreational and I use a lot of indica medically.

Do you find the high to be energetic? Any issues with anxiety? I find high THC can sometimes give me anxiety, depending on the strain. But I expect my Chocolope to be a fairly chilled out sativa high, so an energetic sativa might be a good fit.

Liberty haze definitely was a very potent uplifting high. Could lead to paranoia if too much is smoked bt it was way different than the Indica dominate strains I was used to and was special.

I got some Liberty H on my last order as well. Heard really good things. Hmmm. Got a surprise next journal coming up in a couple of weeks. Now I'm reconsidering its content.

With the harvest slowly drying in the fridge, I thought it was a good time to give an update on how my continuing journey is going. I'm pretty close to getting seeds planted, just haven't been feeling well so aside from chopping the 24Ks I haven't gotten a lot done, and I know I don't need to rush to get these planted. That said, LA2 and KK are probably 50ish days from harvest so the clock is ticking. I went longer than that on veg previously. Also if I want to take a KK cutting, now is the time as it's only going to take longer to reveg the longer I wait.

flower-20170823-all-002-1000x750.jpg

flower-20170823-all-001-1000x750.jpg

Chocolope, at 2F. I've been doing some gentle supercropping to get the tops even. Almost there. The 2 tops 2nd from bottom got supercropped tonight, which should hopefully get everything about even. Her structure looks really good as of the flip.

flower-20170823-CH1-2F-001-750x1000.jpg

LA Confidential 2, at 12F. The flowers are starting to form which is exciting. She's lanky again, but not nearly as much as round 1, so I may yet get decent colas. I've been really hesitant on defol given how it went down in round 1. I'll probably under-defol her this time around, which if nothing else will help me learn.

flower-20170823-LA2-12F-001-750x1000.jpg
flower-20170823-LA2-12F-002-1000x750.jpg

Kushy Kush, at 12F. She's maybe 2 days behind LA2 in progression. That said her structure is superior, with the colas generally looking more likely to stack up nicely. Nice even canopy too with 8 clear strong colas formed around the center main cola. I have not hesitated to defol her and I think I've done a good job so far of balancing. I don't expect a big defol session with her in a week's time, I'll just take a leaf here and there over the next week to keep things in the best possible shape.

flower-20170823-KK1-12F-001-1000x750.jpg

Here's what's in the veg tent - sorry for the poor framing.

veg-20170823-all-001-1000x750.jpg

Those are the 4 24K2 clones I kept.

I honestly don't have much of a plan for these guys. I was thinking I'd flip the 3 tall ones to flower next to the Chocolope, as I have maybe a 1x2 foot space. It'll at least allow me to see what a quick flip back after a reveg ends up giving me (more experience), and I'll be happy with whatever I get from them. I was thinking I'd keep the small one as a mother at least until I taste 24K2. She was slower to reveg than the other clones, but of course the same genetics, and a stout structure that is far more manageable for growing her out to be a proper mother plant. I let the other 3 stretch while revegging and they got tall before I intervened, so they're a little less manageable.

I need to get the perpetual journal started soon...

Lookin great Dobe!! You'll notice the new lights especially during the stretch. You decide on a final strain yet?

Haven't settled on it, and I haven't cut any KK clones, but I'm leaning towards taking KK clones and making one of those the 4th. Only hesitation is that I love a variety, and I could always buy additional KK seeds if I like it.

Back
Top Bottom