DobeWan's First Grow! LA Confidential & 24K Gold - LED - 3x3 - Coco

Can't wait til I can take a hit of Kushy myself - but I'll settle for good vibes for now.

Thanks for stopping by G2HM! Stop by any time you like! I might make a perpetual journal next weekend where Kushy and friends will take a starring role. If I do I'll post up the link in here.

Meant to ask you G2HM, given that you played - do you follow pro soccer at all? I follow the EPL.

Sending good vibes your way Dobe!! Oh ya...
!!GO ARSENAL!!

Congrats on the harvests bud! Sorry I missed it man. When will you be having your first sample. That is always the real test.

Can't wait til I can take a hit of Kushy myself - but I'll settle for good vibes for now.

Thanks for stopping by G2HM! Stop by any time you like! I might make a perpetual journal next weekend where Kushy and friends will take a starring role. If I do I'll post up the link in here.

Meant to ask you G2HM, given that you played - do you follow pro soccer at all? I follow the EPL.

*Yes make sure, I don't want to miss you growing her out.

I used to watch Soccer Saturdays, but I got so tired of the drama and politics. Buuut, that being said, I will watch the World Cup feverishly. I also can't get enough of the Pélé movie on Netflix by Imagine, Ron Howard, it reminds me of the fun we used to have. I will try to keep up on the Euro Cup and Uefa for qualifiers. I looove English football too, but I have to say that Brazil - Ginga - is a beautiful game.

It's really hard to sit down and watch ANY match because my reflex is to kick the ball. Can't get enough of the game, but I know my body will fall a part if I ever play again. Hard to watch, when I want to play. I tried coaching for a while but the parents are worse than the kids. Sorry I rambled there. :thumb:

Congrats on the harvests bud! Sorry I missed it man. When will you be having your first sample. That is always the real test.

No worries Blaze, thanks for stopping in. I tried some fresh resin from my trimming scissors and got a strong but short head high and a headache! I kept some popcorn which is in a jar now after a few days paper bagged. It was bottom of the plant popcorn so it won't be a true sample. The good stuff is all in the fridge for low & slow. It's due to come out in a week and a half. I'll have a better sample then!

My 24Ks will come down this weekend so lots of sampling coming in the next few weeks!

*Yes make sure, I don't want to miss you growing her out.

I used to watch Soccer Saturdays, but I got so tired of the drama and politics. Buuut, that being said, I will watch the World Cup feverishly. I also can't get enough of the Pélé movie on Netflix by Imagine, Ron Howard, it reminds me of the fun we used to have. I will try to keep up on the Euro Cup and Uefa for qualifiers. I looove English football too, but I have to say that Brazil - Ginga - is a beautiful game.

It's really hard to sit down and watch ANY match because my reflex is to kick the ball. Can't get enough of the game, but I know my body will fall a part if I ever play again. Hard to watch, when I want to play. I tried coaching for a while but the parents are worse than the kids. Sorry I rambled there. :thumb:
I played as a kid until teenager but then stopped. Tried to get back into it the last couple of years but health has gotten in the way. I'm going to try again in time though if I can get my health to be more predictable.

I follow the EPL and the international competitions. I always love the fancy play, I always had a soft spot for the Dutch team and usually follow them in the World Cup and Euro. The EPL is very tough and physical. I follow Arsenal who usually play a more fluid and enjoyable style, but they can be frustrating to watch too!

My mom used to hate all the parent politics in minor soccer. My son will be playing next year, so I expect I'll get a taste soon enough.

I played as a kid until teenager but then stopped. Tried to get back into it the last couple of years but health has gotten in the way. I'm going to try again in time though if I can get my health to be more predictable.

I follow the EPL and the international competitions. I always love the fancy play, I always had a soft spot for the Dutch team and usually follow them in the World Cup and Euro. The EPL is very tough and physical. I follow Arsenal who usually play a more fluid and enjoyable style, but they can be frustrating to watch too!

My mom used to hate all the parent politics in minor soccer. My son will be playing next year, so I expect I'll get a taste soon enough.

* My fav team being LIVERPOOL since I was just a wee lass.

When I played soccer here, we, women, were not allowed to take dives nor go down and cry about our injury. That kind of behaviour was quite shameful at my level. Even if our shirts were untucked we wouldn't even be allowed to step on the field.

If we weren't scraped up or bleeding by the end of the game then we didn't work hard enough. If we ever fake an injury we would get disciplined, but I have never seen a chick baller go down unless her legs were broken or her skull bashed in from collision, which I've seen both.

Now I see grown men disgrace the foundation of football by crying on the field. They never used to do that, but after the Maradona #10 (Argentina) opened the floodgates for fakery on the field, you can't trust the game as much. They have a movie on Netflix called FIFA. It's an indepth documentary on the rise and fall of FIFA. Wikked cool info, how FIFA was started.

However, I looove when underdogs like Cameroon got through, made my heart swell. I do love the Dutch team too. Solid players and good defence. Hoping they will attack more next world cup.

*My guilty pleasure is watching "The Footballers Wives" UK. Shhh, don't tell anyone...lol.

*Good luck in your coaching, it was a rewarding experience...after I quit...hahahahaha

We definitely would share some soccer views, G2HM. But I'm confident you'd kick my ass if we laced up!

The Canadian women play a fantastic game. I was like every other Canadian and followed along with the battles with the Americans. I'm not at all surprised to hear you talk about the intense pressure to perform through injury and the disgust at the diving. I can never appreciate Cristiano Ronaldo as a player because of his diving.

You've probably shared the pitch with a few great players in your day G2HM? I know she's a little younger but have you ever met Christine Sinclair and if so, what's she like?

I can respect a Liverpool fan, I know many of them! Our teams face off soon though so maybe the soccer talk should be put on hold. At least we can mutually hate on the Manchester teams! :laugh:

I'm considering chopping my 24Ks today, or perhaps one of the two. I'm not feeling well and stayed home, and the plants look ready. They're at 66F and I don't want them to get too couchlocky. I was planning to take them down Friday either way.

I'm considering chopping my 24Ks today, or perhaps one of the two. I'm not feeling well and stayed home, and the plants look ready. They're at 66F and I don't want them to get too couchlocky. I was planning to take them down Friday either way.

I believe they call that 'Harvest Flu' . Very contagious

Another one bites the dust!

I decided to go ahead with the chop of 24K2. Given that 24K1 surpassed it in visual appeal and bud size and density in the last couple of weeks, I decided to save it for last. I'm not sure if 24K1 has pulled ahead in weight, but we'll soon find out.

A few parting shots of 24K2... before and after...

flower-20170822-24K2-001-750x1000.jpg
flower-20170822-24K2-002-1000x750.jpg

flower-20170822-24K2-003-1000x750.jpg

flower-20170822-24K2-004-1000x750.jpg

She ended up more popcorn than LA2 further down, but bigger buds on top. The additional popcorn meant more added to the trim, although you can see I kept a couple Gs wet of popcorn to throw in with the main flower batch to see how it comes out.

Final numbers: 108.1g flowers, 48g trim. Probably won't hit an ounce dry, but if I end up with 20g+ dry from this and the same from 24K1, that'll leave me with enough hybrids to last a while. I'm running very low on hybrids with my Skywalker OG almost gone.

And finally, CG, here's what my fridge looks like with just the 24K1 left to go on. I put the trim on the smaller top shelf since it's the shelf where I'm most worried about condensation collecting. But so far so good.

flower-20170822-24K2-005-1000x750.jpg

I feel like crap, but I powered through it - 24K1 is down, bringing the "grow" portion of my first grow to an end!

flower-20170822-24K1-001-750x1000.jpg
flower-20170822-24K1-002-1000x750.jpg
flower-20170822-24K1-003-1000x750.jpg
flower-20170822-24K1-004-1000x750.jpg
flower-20170822-24K1-005-1000x750.jpg

That sample bud was one of the nicer ones. 24K1 definitely ended up with the the nicest looking bud.

Interestingly the smell differed from 24K2 as well. 24K2 was just pure orange rinds - 24K1 had some funky spicy smell mixed in. Perhaps that's the Kosher Kush, whereas 24K2 is dominated by the Tangie?

Despite the nicer individual buds, she couldn't close the gap on 24K2's sheer breadth. Final tally was 92.7g wet. I forgot to measure trim, but I was easily in the 50g range if 24K2 was any indication. I trimmed a lot of frosty leaves - hopefully that translates to tasty hash? Or perhaps I could try making oil?

Altogether my wet weight pretty much guarantees I'm off on my goal. 24K2 has a shot at an ounce dry but it's unlikely, meaning I didn't hit 1oz on a plant, much less my 1.25oz target, and I didn't hit my 5oz total, likely coming in closer to 3. I'm confident I can beat that in round 2.

I am indeed. Now I'm not sure which is worse - that you're a Sens fan, or a Leafs fan! So which is it, because I can already tell it's one of the two! :laugh:

I am not, nor will I ever be a leaf fan!! Lol!! No way!! Grew up a Habs fan having no team here in the city until '92, and slowly shifted my support to the home team. Attended many games with my dad and uncle at the old Forum. Some of my fondest memories. Habs fan? Better than a leaf fan! Lol!! I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom