DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure 2.0: The Reboot

Hey Dobe! PW told me that K def shows up on older fans and calcium shows on new stuff but they look similar. I’d say K and do a reset! Just me though;)
Yeah, and the lack of advanced symptoms on my lower fans is strange. Although the lowest fans have been defoliated, so I wonder if that’s a factor. But it has other K def symptoms (dark green colouring, droopy lower fans) and the timing is right in for typical K def timing.

In any case, it hasn’t progressed quickly, so I edged the pH up to 6.1 and moved to the PK boost with powder. I wanted to avoid feeding a mild, non-boosted solution because every day right now is critical - she’s likely to be my first plant to finish, and I expect she might be about 3 weeks out.

If it advances quickly, I was thinking instead of going with a mild 1-1-1 I’d run a dose of FloraKleen through. I think that would have a similar effect.

Yes I have a soft heart for the #misfit
She better get growing!

I’ve decided on trainwreck auto or Deisel auto hmmmmm when you dropping? Maybe you Dobe and who ever wants to join a group outdoor auto grow??? Coooomeoooon :high-five::high-five::high-five:
We should probably drop them soon!
:passitleft:
There's like 3 feet of snow. I've got a couple months
I’ll probably do some autos outdoors but still 2 months until planting time.

I’ll aim to drop mine right around the start of June. Legally I may have to start them indoors and move them out when my next round finishes flowering around end of June. I’m not supposed to grow indoor and outdoor at the same time and with the potential of nosy neighbours I’d like to keep things above board! Other option would be to start them later, around end of June. September is usually pretty nice here and if there’s an early frost warning I could always move them back inside at the end.

You caught it in time and with coco, you’ll be alright. On Wednesday, I randomly checked ppm runoff on my small flowering plant and it was extremely high! I was able to reset it to 500 within a few hours so I’m hoping I caught it before the lockout! Just in time for my PK boosters;) Good luck Dobe

It’s a little stressful at the end eh? We all want to finish things up perfectly so these little issues become magnified, for me anyway. I’ve had far worse K deficiency with my LA Confidential so I won’t worry too much. Some plants are just heavier eaters I guess, and I totally see why with all the frost and density Royal Gorilla is packing on.

I agree with you that it’s all magnified at the end, we work so hard for months and it can all come crashing down at the end so for me it’s exciting and scary! You have beautiful plants and have nothing to worry about from where I’m looking;)

was thinking of starting mine indoors but if y’all are planting straight outside, I’ll wait until May:) I wouldn’t bring anything back inside after growing...Bugs!! Ack I did that last year and I regretted it, took 2 months to get rid of the bugs they brought in...just food for thought.
I’ll aim to drop mine right around the start of June. Legally I may have to start them indoors and move them out when my next round finishes flowering around end of June. I’m not supposed to grow indoor and outdoor at the same time and with the potential of nosy neighbours I’d like to keep things above board! Other option would be to start them later, around end of June. September is usually pretty nice here and if there’s an early frost warning I could always move them back inside at the end.

That move inside would only be in an emergency with early frost @newty - I take great care to avoid outdoors and my tents interacting in any way because I’m terrified of pests. Our first frost here is usually in October so even if I didn’t start until July I’d probably be OK.

That said I’ll definitely give some thought to starting veg indoors if my outdoor start date cuts it close.

Should be a fun experience!

Let's start things off a little differently for the big update this week - in the veg tent.

Here are the clones and young Pink Kush. The clones are reveging after being taken about 3 weeks ago. The tall Liberty Haze rooted fast and has filled the solo cup. I'm going to wait until the growth stabilizes then pot her up. The 2 Royal Gorilla clones have struggled a bit. The one in the background has survived but isn't outputting much new growth yet and I can't see roots in the bottom of the cup. The one in the foreground has barely reached outside of the rockwool cube with her roots and just doesn't seem to be moving. I think it's dead or on the verge but I'll leave it going for now. All of the rockwool cubes have taken on some green on the top, so I included H2O2 in their feed tonight to be safe.

Pink Kush is moving along slowly as has been the case under the T5s, but without any issues. The goal is for her to be flipped with the other veg girls once the flower tent clears of its current occupants. I'll flip all 4 together which should give Pink Kush some time to catch up and even the playing field a little.

As for the other veg girls, aside from a couple of close encounters with the lights they're also doing well, just moving slowly. I started training tonight, although figured I'd wait on tying them all down until the new stems got longer.

In the flower tent we're at 36F! Week 6 is underway, and we're hitting the home stretch!

All is going well at this point for the most part. The K deficiency in the RG continues to progress but not too quickly. Amnesia x OG continues to lag and I left her on week 5 food. Liberty Haze has to get staked as she was starting to lean. Violator Kush continues chugging along.

I've moved all but Amnesia x OG onto the week 6 feed. I'll likely give Amnesia x OG a full additional week on week 5 feed given that I think she's going 10+ weeks total.

ROYAL GORILLA

That last cola is the worst affected by the K deficiency. Most colas have some sign of it now, similar to this one. I hope this one finishes strong otherwise, because she's got big, sticky buds.

VIOLATOR KUSH

A couple more weeks to fatten up and really finish strong. She's been awesome the whole way through.

AMNESIA x OG

Finally starting to make some progress. It's like she's been drenched in lemon juice.

LIBERTY HAZE

It was difficult to get decent shots with how I had her facing the camera. Ah well - she's a handful, but at least now she's stable.

She's super sticky and has a sweet lime smell. Her structure reminds me of Chocolope. She's the least photogenic but might be the best yield.

Group shots!

He IS using the force....... very nice. :thumb:

Beautiful garden Dobe. Just a few more weeks to the finish line

Thanks Derby! Not my first harvest but I'm still as excited as I ever was. It'll be an exercise in willpower to give them until they're ready.

Looks like a jungle in there! A jungle I’d
like to swing through
:drool::drool::drool:

Well, there IS a Gorilla in there, so it's only right that it lives in a jungle!

They’re gonna yield well, great job!

Thanks PW - my best result from one round in the 4x4 to date is 8.89oz, so I'm hoping I can beat that. It would be great to get 3 oz per plant on average!

Knowing how we do things, that Haze is crazy. Can you imagine that in a normal grow.... LOL

It would have hit my light weeks ago I'm sure. I can only imagine what it might look like outside...

I'm hoping the tall structure at least will mean viable buds further down - I left a fair bit on those stems, at least relative to her overall height.

The flower tent looks great DobeWan. Looks like a nice harvest headed your way.

Thanks Scrog! I'm really excited for it.
He IS using the force....... very nice. :thumb:

Thanks Derby! Not my first harvest but I'm still as excited as I ever was. It'll be an exercise in willpower to give them until they're ready.

Well, there IS a Gorilla in there, so it's only right that it lives in a jungle!

Thanks PW - my best result from one round in the 4x4 to date is 8.89oz, so I'm hoping I can beat that. It would be great to get 3 oz per plant on average!

It would have hit my light weeks ago I'm sure. I can only imagine what it might look like outside...

I'm hoping the tall structure at least will mean viable buds further down - I left a fair bit on those stems, at least relative to her overall height.

Thanks Scrog! I'm really excited for it.

Oh.....he is one of them there sith lord types. :laugh:

I snuck into the tent a few minutes before lights on tonight and snapped a couple of photos with the flash on to really show off the frost. This is 39F. I figure the Royal Gorilla and Violator Kush are starting to get there. Another 3ish weeks perhaps? RQS says 56-63 days for Royal Gorilla, and Barney's Farm says 55-60 for Violator Kush.

Great job DW, I'm very happy for you! :hug:

Thanks G2HM! We had a good hunch on Violator Kush eh?!

Wow, I think I got a chill. I also like taking the pics with the lights out. My Blue Dream went in the dark tonight.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little envious. Your plant is a beauty and the colas really finished nicely from your last shots. I expect I’ll grow it in the fall since it didn't make it for this round. I’m sure I won’t be disappointed in its replacement (Chemdawg), but I’d love to be doing your harvest now! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom