DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure 2.0: The Reboot

Thanks G2HM! I honestly expected I wouldn’t even think about the light situation until the fall, but I guess my stinky buds pressed the issue! :eek:

I’m super pumped for all 4 strains in my next grow and already thinking about what to run in the fall... Black DOG, Kosher Kush, Gorilla Cookies and Tangilope are the current favourites for next run, but I’m only really committed to the DOG and Kosher...

JM, I’m going to be counting down the days. Did you get a tracking number? If I get that I’m going to be checking up every day until they arrive. Also did you ease your plants into the new light? I’m kind of thinking I can just swap on my flowering plants, but that my veg plants might need to be eased in.

I got a tracking number when it hit the states. It was about as useful as tits on a boar hog. I think it showed them 300 miles away and they were in my garage... LOL

I’ll have a dimmer too, so I guess I could always ease them in that way?

@Derbybud how far do you have yours from the plants now? I’m interested to see where people have settled since there was some debate about the best distance not so long ago.
My big panel I have just 4" over my plants but my 260 watt kits I have at 24" above. I need to spread the light out more with my kits and they put out more power. With what you're getting is say 24" turned up to maybe 60% for a few days then up out about 10% per 2-3 days. Like always watch what your plants are asking for. If they're praying life is good

You can't take the crispy out of a leaf.

Well put.

Check out the Royal Gorilla - I can see why they call it Glue. I think I'll be taking this down the weekend after next, early in week 9. It moves to the front of the tent tomorrow so I'll take a close look at the trichomes, and get some closeups of the buds.

GT may have some pointers on trimming a gooey glob of bud. His GG looked like that.

You could always go to hardware and get some tubes of silicon to practice.... LOL Sorry.

Trimming only sucks when your plants buds are under developed or reveged. This looks like it would be awesome to trim. More scissor hash than you could dab and a toony sized finger hash ball minimum. If you need help I'm here! I'd be so proud to trim that up Dobes very nice work!
:goodjob::bravo:
Ok.....HIJACK warning!!

What do you do with scissor hash? How do you consume it? I have a pipe (read with screen), and papers. I'm not all that with fancy glass or those heavy machinery pieces. I know dab doesn't work well in a genius pipe (what I have) without an attachment (I don't have that either).

Give me options.....

:thumb:
I like heating knives with a blow torch and squeezing it out. Lol old guy at the stove type sh!t. Or like @newty and I were talking roll it really thin and roll a snake of that into a Dube of fav MJ.
I'm planning on buying some glass in the future, I kinda got the low down on how to use them in my journal myself as I had no clue about oil buckets!!?!? Lol btw I just started using a bong lol.

:thumb:
I like heating knives with a blow torch and squeezing it out. Lol old guy at the stove type sh!t. Or like @newty and I were talking roll it really thin and roll a snake of that into a Dube of fav MJ.
I'm planning on buying some glass in the future, I kinda got the low down on how to use them in my journal myself as I had no clue about oil buckets!!?!? Lol btw I just started using a bong lol.

I had a bong of days long gone (see what I did there). But I only have a pipe at the moment. I want my magicspherevalve back. That thing was great...... gave it away years ago.

I can roll it up into a paper. I'm not a big joint fan, but I could do that.

I read that in your journal but didn't get some of it. I guess blow torches are needed for most/all dab rigs.

Seems to be you'd probably get some attention from your kids with a blow torch and some glass lol. I know I'd site on the couch and ask you to bring it!
I saw there were electric dab "sticks" also. Big money in dabs rigin.
My kids are over 21....(they can grow their own) I don't do big fancy rigs because of location, location, location.

I don't do fancy dab rigs because I don't trust myself to use a torch safely while blasted! Volcano all day for me! :volcano-smiley:

@Bonsaiweed for my finger / scissor hash in the past, I've put it in a jar with bud to cure for a period, and then put it on top of weed or ABV in the Volcano chamber and vaped it.

Trimming only sucks when your plants buds are under developed or reveged. This looks like it would be awesome to trim. More scissor hash than you could dab and a toony sized finger hash ball minimum. If you need help I'm here! I'd be so proud to trim that up Dobes very nice work!
:goodjob::bravo:

Thanks man! I'll definitely have an easier time than in leafier grows past, that's for sure. And because I eliminated so much of the under growth I'll minimize the popcorn. In previous trims I've hard a hard time committing the popcorn to the popcorn bag! I want it all!

GT may have some pointers on trimming a gooey glob of bud. His GG looked like that.

You could always go to hardware and get some tubes of silicon to practice.... LOL Sorry.
My go-to trick is oiling my gloves and scissors with coconut oil. Didn't affect the bud taste or texture and saved me a ton of frustration.

Back
Top Bottom