Auto Bomb, Cherry Bomb & Cosmic Bomb Autos - Grow Diary 2022

How's your babies Squig? You're a few days ahead of me aren't you?
Morning mate. 2 out of the 3 have popped and are just breaking ground now.. cant get any of the JH to open. That's 2 out of the same packet that are lifeless. I've never had dud seeds before, does it happen regularly?

Morning mate. 2 out of the 3 have popped and are just breaking ground now.. cant get any of the JH to open. That's 2 out of the same packet that are lifeless. I've never had dud seeds before, does it happen regularly?
No, don't remember ever having non-starters, esp not JH
Are you warming seed tray from below 24-25C?

Hi mate. Yeah, they are on a heated tray. The other two are above ground and nearly shed their helmets in 2 days. So it's pretty much perfect conditions.. just the JH refuses to pop. Ive got another 3, I will try them.
How's yours looking, any signs of life yet?

Invested in a dehumidifier for my place as it's either cold and damp or hot and damp here, take your pick
It has a built in HEPA air filter which pleases me in this dusty flat
I can now control drying environment to within +/- 5%RH, @18C
No more condensation and potentially, mould
Excellent source of pure water for me and the plants
Serendipity is a foible of mine :cool:

I didn't know that, I've been chucking mine out, thinking, well, i don't know what I was thinking really. I will keep it for the plants.. our house is as damp as titanic tea towels.. Having a late one mate, just trying to get up to date on here. Miss a day and your miles behind.
Are these your normal waking hours?

No dodgy handwriting here, @Trala
As orderly as I can make it

DSC_0402.JPG

Ok so fan, filter, electrics and lamps all in
This combination of lamps will be extremely versatile - in the seedling/veg setup pic, the Mars is set to 30% (50w) and the LEDs either side set to Blue/Daylight/UV (60w + 60w)
The 2 x 10L nute tanks will hang on the side walls, about 6-8" above the top of the pots and each tank will have a dripper in each pot (ie 2 per pot, one from each tank) - i should be able to balance flow with a combination of the tap on the tank and the drippers/arrows as the pressure will probably drop off as it gets further along the line to the end stopper
I will alternate filling them to reduce the risk of running dry and probably give them a flood/drain occasionally, if necessary
Expecting to able to pop some beans early next week - first round will be
2 x Auto Bomb
2 x Cherry Bomb
2 x Cosmic Bomb
Should be interesting - anyway some pics

DSC_0366.JPG
DSC_0371.JPG
So you are running 1 White LED (looks like a Mars) & 2 of the Blurples ? Are you running the Blurples with just the Veg switch on or Veg & Bloom ? I've thought about doing this, but my blurples were all cheapos I don't trust so gave them to someone who asked for them. I had a cheapo blurple light melt inside on me.... so scared of them now.

So you are running 1 White LED (looks like a Mars) & 2 of the Blurples ? Are you running the Blurples with just the Veg switch on or Veg & Bloom ? I've thought about doing this, but my blurples were all cheapos I don't trust so gave them to someone who asked for them. I had a cheapo blurple light melt inside on me.... so scared of them now.
Yes BB - 120w red/blue - TS1000 sunlight - 120w red/blue
Mars is at 30% and the side lights on blue/white only (60w per lamp)
The red/blue LEDs are not cheapo per se - they are actually quite sturdy, quiet and cool and have produced surprisingly good results on their own (I started this set up using just one of the red/blue in 80cm x 80cm)
I now have over 60w of lighting power per sq ft, so I don't need to run anything on max except for maybe a couple of weeks towards end of flower
Total control, nice and cool
... and today Cherry Bomb broke surface :cool:

Quick update
LSD didn't pop, nor did one Cherry Bomb, so have dug them out and put two leftover seeds in soak to replace them
The last lot of Strawberry Gum was strong but lacking in flavour so I'm gonna be taking a lot of care growing and curing that in particular to see if I can improve on my first effort

No dodgy handwriting here, @Trala
As orderly as I can make it

DSC_0402.JPG
Good morning :)

While there is no handwriting fail, what the actual fuck is going on with the direction your labels are facing?

8778B3BB-3115-4586-AC00-9D415643D863.jpeg

Me: hi Growings. I’ve made a cake. Cut yourself a piece.

You:
E18F669D-FCCE-43FC-A9C5-554176824E60.jpeg

L o l l i n g btw :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Quick update
LSD didn't pop, nor did one Cherry Bomb, so have dug them out and put two leftover seeds in soak to replace them
The last lot of Strawberry Gum was strong but lacking in flavour so I'm gonna be taking a lot of care growing and curing that in particular to see if I can improve on my first effort
That paper towel method gives me anxiety. I have never even tried it. I always put my seeds straight in dirt. How are they today?

Good morning :)

While there is no handwriting fail, what the actual fuck is going on with the direction your labels are facing?

8778B3BB-3115-4586-AC00-9D415643D863.jpeg

Me: hi Growings. I’ve made a cake. Cut yourself a piece.

You:
E18F669D-FCCE-43FC-A9C5-554176824E60.jpeg

L o l l i n g btw :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:
They were cut from a milk carton - got some of those fancy signpost type ones if it'll help you sleep better lol

*edit* Seeds are up but a little camera shy

They were cut from a milk carton - got some of those fancy signpost type ones if it'll help you sleep better lol

*edit* Seeds are up but a little camera shy
Well I’m not gonna lie, I’m sat here pearl clutching in horror. With the OCD propaganda you’ve shared, I’m somewhat disillusioned. I feel like the internet lied to me! I thought you were one of us!

*edit* Since you offered, yes that would help me sleep better…

Back
Top Bottom