Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

Looking great in here! I wish I was patient enough to use a shop vac and wipe out the res after lol. I drain with a pump what I can (theres always a bit left) then refill with my solution lol! Can you say lazy. Your plants are loving it matey! Keep it up :) Happy growing!

Looking great in here! I wish I was patient enough to use a shop vac and wipe out the res after lol. I drain with a pump what I can (theres always a bit left) then refill with my solution lol! Can you say lazy. Your plants are loving it matey! Keep it up :) Happy growing!

Thanks a lot dude. Haha it doesnt take much time or effort at all, I just leave the shop vac set up permanently by the side of the tent, it takes maybe 2 mins to vac and wipe it out. I'm pretty lazy too hence the wilma, it does it all for me .

Take care buddy .

Thanks a lot dude. Haha it doesnt take much time or effort at all, I just leave the shop vac set up permanently by the side of the tent, it takes maybe 2 mins to vac and wipe it out. I'm pretty lazy too hence the wilma, it does it all for me .

Take care buddy .

I have a little shop vac kicking around, maybe I'll whip it out ..

Re: Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

Hi all not much to report on today really. I do have a question for anyone with experience, a few leaves have curled downwards a bit is this cause for concern? Am I right in thinking it could be a sign of too much Nitrogen in the feed? If so should I back it down a little, or just not increase it until the plants are looking better? Is it drastic enough that I should dump out my res and make a fresh batch?

Or

Am I just overwatering like a fool? They are getting about 500ml each a day at the moment (backed it off to 1 feed a day about 4 days ago, prior to this they get 2 feeds a day so 1L each which felt like too much).

1st time in coco here so clueless really.

Anyways here they are:

9b2e629202bf89e7408ec2923b1e2fd2.jpg

a3ddf94e9b15ffa700981f0ff19097a0.jpg

Also you may notice in the picture I had a go at making drip rings rather than just having the single dripper that came with the wilma, sadly I had to take them back off as I got carried away poking holes and they were more like flood rings...might try again in a few days after xmas if I can be bothered.

And the blue cheese:
2fc540f82dc6cb845ec42f04fd5b8f3c.jpg

Have a great day everyone, Happy Christmas ...

Hmm. I know enough to know, that I dont know anything about that lol, but they arent looking too bad. My plants have experienced too much nigrogen and it was similar with the curled tips.

Now I have followed enough coco grows to think maybe your not watering often enough? Some of those guys were talking about how it dries out fast. Which is why its good, to get O2i to the root system, but like I said...I dont know anything about cocoa.

Smaller doses. Like 250ml times a day?

Hmm. I know enough to know, that I dont know anything about that lol, but they arent looking too bad. My plants have experienced too much nigrogen and it was similar with the curled tips.

Now I have followed enough coco grows to think maybe your not watering often enough? Some of those guys were talking about how it dries out fast. Which is why its good, to get O2i to the root system, but like I said...I dont know anything about cocoa.

Smaller doses. Like 250ml times a day?

Awesome thanks dude, the shortest interval I can do on my timer is 15 mins which works out to 500ml of fluid. I might see about getting a different timer that I can be more accurate with and therefore get more regular shorter feedings. It definitely isn't drying out between feeds even with just 1 per day, if anything its still fairly wet after 24hrs. I should think it will start to dry up faster soon, now that the roots are starting to take up more of the space. Thanks a lot for response Urb!! ..
Have a great christmas ...

Merry Christmas all! I hope everyone had a fantastic day and I hope you all got to have a smoke ..

Let the growth explosion commence .:

cd23294490d0015bc159364079932edf.jpg

7e783c11b34579c89417fa6e39bae838.jpg

995cb84c2c9574bd9223ee2f8d8d821e.jpg

5226b5f44f473b316e664ccf0319568b.jpg

624af8368324175e865747da15cc1ff2.jpg

Oddly the healthiest looking plant is also the smallest...ah well.

I think I figured out my crinkled leaves, the clay pebbles I have are pretty grey/brown in colour and I think they are absorbing and radiating a lot of heat from the lights. As some of the leaves are so close to the ground (practically lying on the pebbles in some cases) they are getting hotter than they normally would if they were a couple more inches off the surface. All in all its a problem that should go away as the plants get bigger and shade more of the pots and as they grow up further from the surface. I'm *hoping* to be able to get something rigged up to start some more seeds and grow them for the first 4-5 weeks of their lives, before they go straight into the current tent as soon as these four are chopped. If thats the case it should eliminate the heat issue from future grows as the plants will already be big enough to shade the pots when they go into the tent.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll get a picture or two of the blue cheese next time.

Have a great Christmas everyone! And a happy new year! ...

Hey all, sorry for lack of updates I've had a hectic few days. Plants are suffering a little as they got a tad neglected for a couple days. I checked on them this morning and saw what looks to me like a Cal-Mag deficiency showing on 2 of the Colorado Cookies and on the Blue Cheese. Growth had also slowed down somewhat. I did a full res change today and upped the dose of cal-mag a touch. They seem to be perking back up a bit already. They are showing sex now too which is pretty mental...
2b54b0ed258bf6e0812c34f035890613.jpg

c0dec5e89854b4d5751c62aa3f7c0b51.jpg

Blue cheese is a little smaller but again seems to be picking up after a good feeding of cal mag.
87c997633c165dfa1dd221b33f207b6a.jpg

Sorry for the rushed update today again but still pretty busy. Have a great day everyone ...

Quick update. Plants seem to be responding very well to the increased Cal-Mag in the feed (0.4 EC of Cal-Mag + 0.1 EC tap water gave me total 0.5EC as base before adding any other nutes) amazingly they perked up within hours. Today they look a LOT happier and growth seems to have resumed ...

43d97988af03a03cda80635e60a47e01.jpg

dad1bff6a725ef04d2ed7e327abc0f58.jpg

cd7f56865fda48bcc00a564805632ada.jpg

I think my PH pen was a bit off too (replaced it immediately). I calibrate it weekly but it seems to have had it and was reading 6.6 in the same water my new one said 7.1...going to start using my indicator fluid once per week to keep an eye on the new pen's accuracy. I bumped the PH of my nutes up to 6.0 in an effort to help with Mg and Ca uptake also.

Thats all for now folks. Have a great day and an even better New Year!! ..

Oh forgot to mention I also gave a dose of Canna Boost (I'm pretty sure it has omina acids in that should help with uptake of calcium) at 1/2 strength, and BioBizz Algamic (supposed to help with plant stress and also contains trace minerals) at half strength this time round in the reservoir. I may be wrong about these two but the plants seem to like the new cocktail .. I plan on giving them Boost throughout most of the remainder of the grow, its expensive though so I might look at using it as a foliar a bit more and only stick to half strength in res to make it last a bit longer.

Take care all .

Ok quick update for today.

Plants have definitely picked up from their Cal Mag issue but now I think I over-did it on Nitrogen as two of them look a bit N toxic to me (Claw). I will change res out tomorrow and go a little lighter on anything with N in. I cant do it today as I need to let the tap water sit for 24hrs. My PH got up to 6.2 also so that may not have helped, I cant imagine 6.2 is too bad but I brought it back down to 5.8 to be safe.

0acd7afe5c0fdee7f0554e3d5193b1b3.jpg

The blue cheese is doing much better now too, I have been hand watering each day with a slightly lighter mix that whats in the wilma and it seems to like it. The very top tips are bleached a bit, but I think that is from having the light too close not nute burn. Still I could be wrong...

d6acf7762067d63564d9520a151889b9.jpg

Have a great day everyone hope you all had a great New Year! ..

Hey all, update for today...

So I was doing a lot of research into what could be causing my problems with my plants and I think I might have actually solved the issue now. I was having what looked like toxicities and deficiencies at the same time and the plants were just not happy. At first I though it was a PH problem, then possibly too hot of a feed mix. However after all of my research, run-off testing, etc, I think it was much more simple than that and not a problem I thought I'd ever have, Waaaay too much light. I know Lux isnt a perfect way to tell for plants but with my LED on bloom and the HPS on 400W I was at over 105,000 Lux in the center of the canopy which seems pretty high to me, especially for indica hydrids ..

To help the plants recover I have reduced the light down to 250W and raised it up a little higher, within 24hrs they looked ten times better! I did cut the N in the feed back too, I did this by swapping out the Canna Coco A&B (5-3-3 NPK) for Ionic Coco Bloom (1.5-1.4-3.1 NPK) and kept the same EC. These two changess have really made the world of difference in how the plants look in terms of their happiness.

Here they are now:
fcb4a0daae1ca5bdc50f07b8d210e42c.jpg

The Blue Cheese is coming along very nicely too. It has a very different structure to the Colorado Cookies and was groing basically straight upwards rather than bushing out like the CCs.

Here she is:
d3bf4497da5eebe156204904bdaf0960.jpg

I decided because of this that I would perform some LST on her and tied the top down to the edge of the pot...
e1d52982d0f1efd7037d504a76ad35f5.jpg

And this is the result a mere 10 hours later:
80a3f685c4df29721ce236bd400a130a.jpg

It is still amazing to me how quickly these plants can respond to changes!

Anyways that's it for now. I hope everyone is having a good start to the New Year! ...

Hey all just a quick update.

Temps and PH are nice and stable again. Temps at around 25-26°c lights on, 20-22°c lights off. PH at 5.7-5.9.

Since dropping the light down to 250W the plants seem a LOT happier in general.
I have 1 out of the 4 which is still showing some signs of deficiencies/problems but the other three are doing great, do I risk changing things to try to fix the one? (Shared res)
This is the problem plant:
b79b564586a01fefbef719622cc17f16.jpg

c8d87611c70ab6a36e83564f283a3183.jpg

The others are all doing great now:
2233d9686b14c8e1c707b636a036d228.jpg

e180b7b6e5004fafa2aaab09f9b99634.jpg

I'm fast approaching day 30 now and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me on how to time when I give the PK boost? I know not yet, but the plants are definitely showing signs of going into early flowering stretch so I can't imagine it will be too long before they need it right, 3/4 more weeks? I'll try and get some close ups of the growth tips on my next update. But they have taken on that appearance of wanting to grow buds (from my limited experience I would compare them to a photoperiod plant nearing the end of week 1 of 12/12).

Anyways hope everyone's having a great day! ..

Cool Wilma mate :D

Did you dwc it or keep it original? Some plants are so aggressive they'll dwc themselves no matter what. That's how I found out about dwc in the first place

Caught up with your journal. Glad it was only 8 pages so far. I have so much and so many people to catch up with after being down for months. The devil is back ;)

Just doing a drive-by. Can't really see the problem on the leaf under them lights... But alot of plants have what I call a hiccup. And grow out of it on her next set of leaf. You got it looking really nice in theere... Great method of tent growing for sure.. GL and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom