Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

Caught up with your journal. Glad it was only 8 pages so far. I have so much and so many people to catch up with after being down for months. The devil is back ;)
Hey man great to hear you are back! .. Your presence has been missed by lots of people. I didn't DWC the wilma yet, just left it as standard, I'm still thinking of trying it soon though! Thanks for stopping in and again glad you are feeling better now. .

Just doing a drive-by. Can't really see the problem on the leaf under them lights... But alot of plants have what I call a hiccup. And grow out of it on her next set of leaf. You got it looking really nice in theere... Great method of tent growing for sure.. GL and Keepem Green

Hey Woody! Thanks for stopping by dude, I'm a little concerned about it as the spots on the leaves are slowly but surely spreading throughout the plant, it looks like a Calcium deficiency to me. It shares a nutrient tank with 3 other "healthy" plants of the same strain so there isnt a whole lot I can do about it really...It will be what it will be, might run some photoperiod plants after these to kick up the yield a bit .

Just a quick photo of the tent today, proper update tomorrow hopefully.

a271460e9af5227cf66acc906603df81.jpg

Take care all have a great day ..

Ok sorry for lack of update yesterday it just turned into a hectic day in the end.

The Colorado Cookies are doing great now, the one still has problems, but it will have to just put up with it. They are on a shared reservoir and I'm not risking harming the other 3 plants trying to fix just 1. Temps have been pretty stable around 25-26°c lights on, 20-21°c lights off and I've been keeping the PH at 5.8 (check morning and night now). They are really growing well at the moment, approximately an inch per day for the last week and the stems are about an inch thick at the base now!

Anyone got any tips on when to feed them a PK boost?

2e60f7bc19685e6a949d325225ac7bce.jpg

As for the blue cheese, its not looking so hot. Its been neglected this last week or so and it shows .. Cal mag issues and just generally doesnt look too healthy...going to see what I can do to remedy the issue as I should be back to having a bit more time to spend with the plants now. I'll get a picture next time if I remember but its smaller than the Colorado Cookies and much more weak and spindly looking. I guess I still have lots to learn .. Ah well worst case I'll cull it and start something else up to go in there. Probably a photoperiod though so I can take clones.

Hope everyone has a great day ..

The pk 13/14 I use from Canna says this in the instructions. Feed for one week 3 weeks before harvest. So I have done just that

Ok time for an update.

The girls are doing great! They seem to be much happier since I backed the light off. Temps and PH have been nice and stable which is always good. Once the main tops reached the net, I gently bent them over to help encourage some more branches to shoot up. It seems to have worked nicely I now have side branches almost touching the net too. I only bent the tops over a very small amount so as to not cause a lot of stress.

Here they are yesterday:
28cfb4c11ffd112ff2c6ff3670ada41a.jpg

The bending a couple days ago:
c14ca9d15e2a208bf877ff947cb07565.jpg

Today:
2a1aa414ea9b3ddf5a04b69e438deccc.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with all 4 at the moment really...

The blue cheese just looks like shit, it is improving since I raised the light right up to the top of the tent but its still not great. The picture does not do justice to how bad it is, the LED lighting makes it impossible to see all the damage sorry.
e7112e38e1be10f2dcaf61be2a46720d.jpg

I did pop in to the grow store yesterday though and fun times should be ahead... I got myself some Air Pots, 4x small ones for vegging out clones, 4x larger ones to flower in and 1x even bigger one for a mother plant.
6ca56e9b12f92c7afd39e959ceaf8027.jpg

The plan is to pop four photoperiod beans in the next day or so, grow out all four and find a mother. I'm then hoping to use my 2'x2'x5' tent for the mother and taking clones, my 3'x3'x6' tent that has the wilma in will remain much the same with either more Autos or (down the line) maybe clones from the mother plant. I am also getting my cupboard set up with one of my lights and a fan etc, it is 3.5'x3.5'x5'. It does mean I'll be swapping my lights around a little again, but seeing as I'm having issues with too much light, that shouldn't be an issue. I already have a 60L reservoir so I just need to grab a pump, tubes, timer, drippers and i'll make an automated drip feed system to run the new setup. Oh it will still be coco by the way, i'm absolutely loving growing in coco, its so easy to figure out issues by just checking run off! Im going to try running with the full Canna line of nutes to start off with and maybe make adjustments as we go.

Anyways hope you all have a great day...I'm going to be busy getting the new set up ready and trying to decide between Tangerine Dream or Black D.O.G. so should be a fun day for me! ..

Take care all ..

The pk 13/14 I use from Canna says this in the instructions. Feed for one week 3 weeks before harvest. So I have done just that
Thanks a lot dude, I am a little scared about doing that as I'm worried about timing it right, being a noob and all I'll end up doing it too late or something else stupid .

agreed, whenever you grow a new strain you have no idea when is 3 week from harvest. So I kinda just guess. This time I think I did it a little bit early. I don't think it matters that much. Just think approx. a month before harvest and feed it for a week or so.

Re: Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

Hehe, did I say I bought 4 air pots?? Must have meant 8 ... (Got some more today)

I figured there's room in the cupboard so why the hell not? Height will be the main restriction but I plan to flower the plants after a very short veg period to counter that (which should also help speed up turnaround time). I decided to make life easy I'd just get the water pump and accessories kit that comes with an 8-pot Wilma and customise it to work for my setup. It turns out that was a good plan, I got it really cheap and it works a treat. Even managed to rig up the spare tubing as a drain pipe for the main res. All I have left to do is screw the fan up to the wall, set up an extraction fan and finally hang a light up. Should hopefully have it done by tomorrow. Oh yeah, and plant something in there ...

8x Air pots in position
c34ef3210d36fcded66199d0339b54f8.jpg

Brackets attached to fan, just need to fix it up to the wall/ceiling
968ee96d344790c68eb416e008f73140.jpg

Electrical supply ready and mounted up out the way of any water.
286ada255421c0301890cdc91bc07361.jpg

Manifold setup to feed the 8 pots, the corrugated pipe is the drain pipe which can easily reach out the cupboard to drain into a bucket for res changes.
7bd581c6c32e3d5f2c6159528292a025.jpg

Got my old air pump from my DWC setup in the new res to keep it well aerated.
98f510532a206bfcbd640b1cda4a6a4c.jpg

Also for anyone wondering I'm using a 60L kitchen garbage bin as my res (brand new lol). It was 1/4 the price of buying a 60L res from my local hydro store. Call me cheap but it works great and it has a spring loaded lid with a button!! ...

I'm currently debating what strain/strains to grow, but as of right now I'm leaning towards just popping 8 Black D.O.G. seeds from HSO, cloning them all and keeping the best as the mother. The main reason for this choice over some more TD or RCB is that I already have 9xB.D.O.G. seeds, but only 3xTD and 2xRCB left. It would also just be nice to have all the same strain in there for simplicity's sake. ..

Anyways been a busy day and more to do tomorrow so must dash. Off for a nice big joint of amnesia ..

Take care all ..

Damn! Badass set up there for sure! I wouldnt be opposed to seeing a tent full of D.O.G lol.

Thanks a lot dude!

Nothing like putting yourself on a timer eh? Got 8 Black D.O.G seeds soaking away as we speak.

d99da72e336a84b69f16ffdd429f289a.jpg

Also I couldnt really sleep so...

2da907caee11db341a343d844701b4be.jpg

Just got to rig up the circulation fan and the extraction fan. I have different ideas floating around in my head right now for extraction though so better hurry up and decide! My msin concerns with it are noise and general stealth (dont want ducting running all through the house etc), heat is not an issue at all for me, 250W HPS is barely kicking out any heat and the LEDs are even cooler. I'm trying to figure out how best to meet those two needs and still efficiently exchange fresh air and keep smells down. So far I'm thinking I'll possibly run some ducting out of the bottom of the cupboard as there is a fair amount of empty unused space under the floor boards and just connect it to the inlet for my 3x3 tent and let that fan passively pull air from the cupboard, into the 3x3 then out through the carbonfilter and back into the room. I have lots of spare bits of ducting I could use, also keeping it all within a one room overall should hopefully allow for effective use of CO2 in the future should I choose to do that. Its not a perfect solution by any means, but it should hopefully work and serve its purpose without costing a fortune.

Anyways I really am off to sleep now, didnt realise how much I had typed until I looked back at it .. this is good weed lol. Take care ..

Looks interesting. I'm subbed. Big fan of the black dog from hso. It was the best from my last grow
Welcome Neil, grab a seat, glad to hear its a good smoke. I've heard a lot of good things about it from loads of sources so I'm excited to see what happens ..

Whew, what a day, been flat out today with one thing and another...I got all my work done with my new setup though. Well actually I have one plug left to wire onto a lead which should take me 2 minutes...

I ended up going through the loft and back down into the cupboard for the air extraction.
Out:
dbfca05e116812630d19683654f1e533.jpg

And back into 3x3 tent:
3ab06a62467d858bd835b5ce8c857f03.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the result, as long as the 3x3 is closed up the negative pressure pulls really well and moves seemingly plenty of air.

I adjusted the light to hang more squarely and also got an oscillating fan mounted up on the ceiling too. Its held on with 'No More Nails' adhesive but I did put a long screw through the bracket just to be safe, if the adhesive fails it will not fall on the plants now.

690a85e557849a437260af1729f10b15.jpg

Overall I'm really excited about this new setup, I think it might even out-perform my tent. Only time will tell.

As for the 4 Colorado Cookies in the 3x3, they are coming along nicely still. Just busy forming bud sites and I think coming to an end of their stretch. Going to hit them with PK boost fairly soon I think. Only at 1/4-1/2 strength for a couple of weeks.

dff5f05c9ec67729bd1486fd92d59891.jpg

The Blue Cheese is recovering still, looking better by the day, I might let her live yet, we'll see how she looks in another week or so.

The 8x Black D.O.G seeds that I put in to soak have all sank to the bottom so I will be transferring them to a damp paper towel this evening and hopefully get them potted up in the next 2 days .. The pots are ready and waiting, great white has already been added and should be cooking up nicely ..

Anyways thats all for today peeps. Hope you all have a great day! ..

Re: Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

Hey guys/gals thought I'd share another update.

Pics might suck this time as I managed to get a basic colour correction app for my phone camera and I'm a total noob with that kinda thing so ...

Temps have been a bit low since cutting back the lights, it was an easy fix, I turned the radiator in the room back on .. PH has been nice and stable, I really think my issue was just too much light before. Everything is looking better for getting less light...weird eh ..

I went ahead and lowered the net today by about 3". Just enough to let me spread the plants out a little bit to open up the centers and lower canopies. They all look great and they are starting to smell strongly now, and oh my what a smell...its like grape, citrus, and sweets to me ... Jack frost has also arrived and started spreading the love in the garden which is always nice. Only a little frost showing but this early into flower that must be a good sign.

This is before I lowered the net:
4f55a4ad725aa68bc231c42d1d74d30a.jpg

And after:
5ef0055ba89db5d2f92a9185f93b169a.jpg

The growth is still pretty uniform but the different phenos are starting to show through more clearly now they are budding, take these two for example:

f5e9110b41975b31a0cbc1faf58525ae.jpg

The right hand one seems to be much more Sativa leaning than the left, much more open structure, finer leaves and it is also stretching more and taking longer to progress through flowering, whereas the left hand one is squatt, bushy and pushing out dense indica looking nuggets with big thick hairs. (I might even end up leaving the 'sativa-ish' one an extra week or so more than the others)

Anyways now on to trying out my freebie colour correction app...

A comparison, let me know which image you guys think is better:
Raw image:
5f44ee2cb575555c3f78262acd3715d8.jpg

Now with the app's Auto White Balance:
44b15be1c5419112a075047bc2d59c6f.jpg

Anyways here's the Blue Cheese,
First under LED:
4c6904a73cd1b0fab60393ebd32d7787.jpg

And under natural light:
d6e42f89249792ca05eabd223868a2b5.jpg

You can see all the light burn damage quite clearly in these pics, but believe me she looks way better than she did...so much so I think I'm going to keep her, she's escaped the cull ...

The Black D.O.G seeds are all now in 'Root it!' cubes and I'm just waiting to see how many surface, they had not all popped by the time I put them in so who knows, might end up with some TD or RCB going in there too if any Black D.O.G s dont make it as I can't afford to be buying more seeds at the moment.

Anywho thats about it for now all. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Take care, Stay high ..

Back
Top Bottom