Re: Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

Not much time today, but thought I'd share a couple of quick photos:

7358918307eca35d66fa64604fecc918.jpg

More indica pheno:
7a961c929530417281a3efe43f6af03d.jpg

More sativa pheno:
a7fcc1019f5d92981421ccd340cee7cc.jpg

Have a great day all ..

Very nice GM. Your growth is even and the girls look great.
They are really going to fatten up for you.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot dude .

I'm hoping they fatten up nicely as I'm fed up with buying my smoke so ideally I'd like to atleast get enough of a yield to make it through to another harvest. I need to work out getting my windows fitted at some point too which means I'll have to take down the 3x3 for a while until thats done. There's always something ..

Anyhow, thanks for dropping in buddy! Have a great weekend. .

879f5259a11136a44f9431e141f0c51c.jpg

Woohoo first sign of life in the Black D.O.G. tent/cupboard.
Only 1 so far, but hopefully more will follow suit shortly. I will be numbering them based on the order they break the surface to track which one will end up being the mother....

I'll be back with a proper update tomorrow hopefully. Have a good day all..

Yay! New life!
I hope my Blue Cheese look as good as yours as they grow. Beautiful!

Haha cheers ., she is getting better now, still has plenty of signs of all the damage I caused with the light though. I have to say though it smells out of this world!!

471a1b15079034d44057cf0feac8f521.jpg

Ah I know I said tomorrow but I had some time now, so....update:

Lets kick things off with a photo of some Auto Colorado Cookies by Dutch Passion in all their glory:
a6b5c83e2a1e5f6a4fcc06eec6f3112b.jpg

Temps are back to being very nice and stable again which is great, sitting between 23-26°c lights on and 20-22°c lights off.

I think I got my PH'ing figured out now, atleast for my ~50L res and current tap water supply.
I add 10mls liquid silicone before anything else, then after all the other nutes are added, I just add 2ml of PH down and that brings me to 5.6.
After an hour or so it goes up to 5.8.
4-8 more hours and its up to 6-6.2.
Add 1/2 ml PH down brings it back to 5.6-5.7.
Over the next 24 hrs it then rises slowly up to about 6-6.2 again. Add between 1/4ml and 1/2ml of PH down to reach 5.75-5.8 and then it will be good for the week at 5.8-5.9. ..

Now lets hope my mains water supply doesnt get switched up on me haha. Its good to know stuff like this though as now if my PH pen starts giving odd readings I know its most likely that the pen is fucked and I dont really need lets say, 5-10ml more PH Down . (I do still use a liquid to double check my pen, and I calibrate it once a week too).

Its odd, I find I never have problems with my EC pen, but the PH ones just all seem shite, unless you part with a lot of money of course.... Right now I'm using a £12 one off amazon and its actually doing better than the last one I had, which cost 4x that from my local hydro store, ironic eh...

Anyway I hear you guys, "enough technicality bullshit more photos"

The Sativa leaning pheno is getting pretty big now compared to her three sisters:
7f340bc7ca58cdf8b7d86f6eded7c2b9.jpg

She's still stretching too, but thankfully the rate of stretch is starting to slow down, she was gaining 1 full inch a day for a while there. Today she had only gained between 1/2 and 3/4 of an inch overnight. So a little less than the few days before. Hopefully she gets crackin' and makes me some nice juicy buds now! The way she's growing I'm just hoping for nice dense golf ball nugs on all the side branches and I'll be happy as larry. The main cola is starting to look the part now too, atleast to me it looks like it has serious potential to produce a nice big top bud.
e2e0969dc84aa99a0a3e8e3568ccbaf2.jpg

As for the others the frost has arrived .... They look considerably further into their flowering phase than the afore mentioned 'sativa-ish' plant. The buds are starting to join up along the main colas on all 3. 1 in particular seems to be ahead of the lot, I'm hoping to maybe even have it down and harvested actually within the breeder recommended 77 day time frame, which for me is unheard of.
56a77a37e9ba8c6551922411fee94c6d.jpg

This is the one that is furthest ahead, oddly enough its the one that has had a Cal-Mag deficiency this while time so maybe that played into it? Who knows...
9751fa161f0f9dc48814725e68fc0cbd.jpg

And finally something that has me so happy, I've been running the Blue Cheese tent a few °c cooler than the main one and I spotted a tiny tiny bit of purpling on the blue cheese leaves today! I've always wanted to grow a plant with purple in it. Its so hard to see right now I can't get a good picture but it will continue and by harvest time I'll have a beautiful purple plant. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow or the day after when its hopefully more visible.

Ahhh they've come on a long way in 40 or so days...I'm again starting to finally feel a little proud of myself again , forgive me but I have no one I can brag about my achievements to IRL so you guys gotta deal with it haha.
44fdd5e3e99241e1fb6aa773c529512d.jpg

5e9a3697f5fef0fa3702da8500c5c403.jpg

One thing is for certain, I've found my favourite growing method...Coco is like a dream come true for me. All the benefits of hydro growth but it lets me off if I cock up and I *can't over water it.

*well you kinda can but only if you leave it sat in runoff or something else drastic like that...

Anyways off for a big fat amnesia joint and I'm going to bed.

Have a great day everyone, thanks for stopping in, keep on growing ..

Well they look good and you loving it is even better. Nice work. They are filling in the net beautifully.

Thank you very much bro, very kind of you to say ..

They are doing better than I thought they would to be honest. Verdict is still out on the Black DOGs though, so far only the one has surfaced. Might end up being the world's shortest round of Survival of the Fittest.

I was also finally able to switch my light back on to 400W without them being stressed by it, which should hopefully give them a nice kick over the rest of their flowering period. The Sativa like pheno has almost done stretching now. It only gained an inch in the last two or so days.

21276e7382a97e66f1c7811749c88c2e.jpg

6ddecd194879bd66b085b16a684419fa.jpg

They are getting nice and frosty now ...
170fc17d8ec755a5b203d1835d3102e0.jpg

The Blue cheese is frosting up nicely and still recovering well too:
5c0364a7b1cb23a69f5a631933d5415f.jpg

72a4e7ddb1c033752352bd0a0e1ccd87.jpg

Anyways take care all have a good day ..

Hey all about time I did an update eh?

For the most part everything seems to be going nicely with the Autos now...The Blue Cheese is recovering well, smells incredible, and I think it may end up being the frostiest plant I've grown to date .. I have another seed of it too so I can't wait to try it again, but without the fuck ups.

Still here she is:

4403d0b2ab2d89ad134640a113a00c8b.jpg

f371bebc78aa5ff12ce3dce76dc9c0ba.jpg

As for the Colorado Cookies they are doing mostly excellent to be fair. There are signs appearing on a second plant of some kind of deficiency. I think it might be Cal-Mag or Phosphorus but I don't know. I'm reluctant to increase the feed as the more Sativa looking pheno is slightly behind the others and is showing the beginnings of nute burn as it is. I should say, they are currently getting 0.5 EC of Cal-Mag added to 0.1 EC tap water making it 0.6 altogether. Then I bring that up to 1.3 total EC with Ionic Coco Bloom. Then by the time I'm done with additives and PH'ing their feed solution has a final EC of 1.4. I have to do a res change tomorrow so any input/tips on what to do regarding these issues would be much appreciated.

This is one of about ten or so leaves showing these signs now:
92f4a12cc223caa834b31b1b4e5965de.jpg

Anyways here they all are:
233d7756c893b9a50014160585272531.jpg

This is the one that has had deficiencies the whole way through:
5a01073007a967b1620a9206ee9a7759.jpg

This one is just starting to show signs:
135783c46ac7ebb85619b5b24f0b4d7b.jpg

And this is the slightly more Sativa like pheno
7a494233d4d9319ace0263a1b483deb0.jpg

Finally as for the Black DOGs there is still only 1 showing above the ground.

It is doing well though
caf32ab20fc3b9b82aa0829584bfdfe0.jpg

At the going rate even if the others do show they will likely fall so far behind... I'm wondering if I somehow screwed up when I transplanted the seeds into the peat pellets... I think a new plan is going to have to be in order...
I might have to grow this one out to be a mother straight away, take clones from her and grow them in the 8-pot setup I made... It sucks because if that's the case it will set me back a fair while as I'll have to grow this plant out big enough to take 8 clones without killing it, and then wait to root said clones. Ah well...Its all a learning curve eh...hopefully in about 4 more weeks some of the Autos will be ready for the chop and I'll have some tasty smoke. By my calculations the Cookies are on about Day 45 and the breeder recommends 77 days, The Blue Cheese is on Day 44 and the breeder recommends 75 days... I'll be very impressed if they are indeed done in the stated times, they are growing fast and I think its possible, but they have a ways to go yet before I'd be happy to chop them. There is still no real bulk to the buds, they are getting there and all joining up nicely, but they dont have any decent weight to them yet.

That's all for now guys I hope everyone has a great day! ..

(Pretty high while typing this so sorry if its full of typos/rambling etc )

When my plants are in transition I always up the cal/mag for the first couple weeks. That is the most common deficiencies a plant will get.. Plants seem to be recovering nicely. Pretty screen you got growing.. GL and Keepem Green

Nice update glauc!

Idk seems like your numbers are good to me. Cal and mag have a direct correlation to potassium uptake, or at least that's what I noticed on my girl. As long as it's not taking over real hard you should be just fine. And the damage looks pretty minimal from here. If anything you may need to back off a touch. Sativas tend to do best with lower feed levels. Again they look really happy just keep at it!!

When my plants are in transition I always up the cal/mag for the first couple weeks. That is the most common deficiencies a plant will get.. Plants seem to be recovering nicely. Pretty screen you got growing.. GL and Keepem Green
Thanks a lot Woody! I'm a total noob with Autos and with Coco so next round I will try that for sure! I got hold of some Cal-Mag that has much lower Nitrogen now too so I can push it a bit more next time round.

Cheers for checking in dude. Hopefully I do the Black DOG justice for ya! Haha .

Nice update glauc!

Idk seems like your numbers are good to me. Cal and mag have a direct correlation to potassium uptake, or at least that's what I noticed on my girl. As long as it's not taking over real hard you should be just fine. And the damage looks pretty minimal from here. If anything you may need to back off a touch. Sativas tend to do best with lower feed levels. Again they look really happy just keep at it!!
Thanks a bunch dude! I need to learn more about nutrients. I want to really understand why and how the plant needs them, how they react with each other etc etc...always loads to learn .

The Sativa pheno is the reason I've been holding off on upping the feed so far. I think I might just keep with the same mix this time round as it seems to just about be handling it ok. That said I'm planning to add PK boost tomorrow so that will change the overall composition of the mix. I'll get there I guess, I got plenty more beans to do more runs after this one.

Cheers for stopping in bro .

Things are looking frosty!! I've always been to intimidated to get in to additives and different things to much. I stick with GH Flora Series 3 part, Enzymes Komplete for root heath and Diluted Phosphoric Acid for PH. I nute early with the GH series at 30% bottle recommended and go from there. I've kept it at 30% aprox during my entire grow and they're super happy. Ph 5.8 let swing to 6.2. This is all just what I do in Hydro. I used the GH series in soil to with success. I haven't dabbled in EC but I want to. Just thought I'd give 2cents. :) Happy growing matey :)

Things are looking frosty!! I've always been to intimidated to get in to additives and different things to much. I stick with GH Flora Series 3 part, Enzymes Komplete for root heath and Diluted Phosphoric Acid for PH. I nute early with the GH series at 30% bottle recommended and go from there. I've kept it at 30% aprox during my entire grow and they're super happy. Ph 5.8 let swing to 6.2. This is all just what I do in Hydro. I used the GH series in soil to with success. I haven't dabbled in EC but I want to. Just thought I'd give 2cents. :) Happy growing matey :)

Thanks dude, I probably go a bit overboard on all the additives. .

I could save a bit of money cutting back on them all, the girlfriend calls me a mad scientist ...

You should 100% get an EC pen, it really helps in knowing exactly what you are putting into your water and how much of it...I'd personally view an EC pen as necessity for growing hydro.

My complete list for my 50L res change today is as follows (I upped feed a tiny a bit this week by adding PK booster too):

>Starting Tap Water - 50L - PH 7.1 - EC 0.1
>Liquid Silicone - approx 10ml
>40ml Plant Magic Cal-Mag - EC 0.5
>120ml Ionic Coco Bloom - EC 1.1
>40ml Canna PK 13/14 - EC 1.4
>50ml Canna Boost - EC still 1.4
> a medium sized drizzle of molasses (very precise I know) - EC 1.5
> 1 full scoop Great White Mycorrhizae - EC 1.5
>100ml Cannazym - EC 1.5
>5ml H&G Drip Clean
> about 2ml PH down (81% phosphoric acid)

Next week I'll cut out the great white as it wont do much from this point onwards really, arguably could have skipped it this time round. Will do the PK for one more week then stop that too.

I should maybe do an additive free grow and see how the results compare to a run where I use all the extras.

I do have my reasoning behind all the different bits though, the GW obviously is amazing, all the benficial microbes etc....then the molasses is to feed said beneficials because I'm growing in coco there isnt much in their for them otherwise. The Canna Boost to help stimulate the plants to be more active and to aid with nutrient uptake and plant health. PK obviously just because its that time...
Those four aside its mostly standard stuff, the liquid silicone is basically just my PH Up/Buffer.
Drip clean to stop build-up/blockages of course.
Then its just the Cal-Mag, the Enzymes and the Base Nutes from there so not so bad I guess.

I should really post more detail like this about my feeds etc to make it easier for people to follow/point out where I cocked up .

Either way as long as I get a harvest at the end and learn along the way I'll be happy, been without my own smoke for far too long already.

Cheers for checking in .

I thought I'd post a little update on what has been going on with the Black Dog seeds...

Not much .....

So far only two have shown themselves (temps got really low one night by accident and I think it killed some seeds off??). A few days ago I decided to go ahead and try popping a bunch more seeds to be safe, rather than having to wait and pin all my hopes on getting a good mother on just one or two plants. So thus far above ground we have:
2x HSO - Black D.O.G,
2x Barney's Farm - Red Cherry Berry
2x SensiSeeds - Unknown Sensi Skunk (came from their outdoor mix pack).
These 6 have all surfaced and are potted up ready. I still have 2 more pots to fill but i'm certain I'll have a couple more sensi skunks by tomorrow for them.

Sorry for the shite picture:
de5fa332762ca38ff0359efb75ac78d4.jpg

The goal will be much the same as before, to find a mother plant I like, that grows very well in my setup...whatever the strain may be .. I still have a strong feeling it will be the DOG, but I will only know for sure once I grow all these out, who knows, if I get super lucky I might even find two worthy mothers? If I get unlucky and dont find any I'll pop some Tangerine Dream beans, but thats a long way off.

Also the Sensi Skunks are regular seeds so they could also be male. If I get a nice male I will be keeping it in a seperate location to harvest the pollen and make my own seeds .

I'll post another update tomorrow on the Colorado Cookies and Blue Cheese.

Take care all ..

Hey all just a quick update on how things are going.

The Colorado Cookies are doing great, I was getting the feeling they preferred the light on 250W than on 400W though (bit of light burn on leaves closest to light) so I switched it back last night. Even just this morning they look a bit happier for it.

0d6facbd0536408988b864dbc8699b4c.jpg

As for the Blue Cheese I discovered that I have springtails living in the pot, so today I added some neem oil to the feed and flushed 6L of neem/feed through the pot to try to wash them away and reduce their numbers. It seemed to do ok and quite a few came washing out in the runoff and didnt seem happy about getting soaked in neem...I'm not too worried tho as apparently Springtails dont really cause much if any damage. I'd still rather not have them though.
Here's a picture of one in the run-off. They are only 1-2mm long.
3e1be5356a6f7add8f5005a1302c28f1.jpg

As for the blue cheese itself, it is doing rather well all things considered...Its easily the frostiest plant I've grown to date. My camera on my phone doesn't do it justice even on the close ups. She is also getting more and more purple spreading all over the buds and sugar leaves too ..
Here she is:
a070410b7ceb191836357c1a6c09e213.jpg

Getting nice and purple...
9310ba31d2b38e3d99e6f2db7437f97c.jpg

And the frost is real!!
407f111d652a25bd49d57fbc1d1be9c3.jpg

And finally we have our 8 seedlings now all above the surface and ready to take on life. There are 2 Black D.O.G, 2 Red Cerry Berry and 4 Sensi Skunk*.

Its almost impossible to see but there is a tiny seedling in each pot now. The two Black DOGs are a tiny bit ahead as they were popped a little earlier.

2702b7ca49c2bd13270b32790542091c.jpg

*Sensi Skunks are from a mix pack from Sensi Seeds so who knows what they are for certain. I will just be referring to them all as Sensi Skunk to make life easier as it was a skunk heavy mix.

Hopefully I can find a mother for future indoor grows and also a mother for a possible future outdoor venture this summer. Last year I know of somebody who grew over 100 10-14ft plants in my very shitty, cold, wet climate. Now I know 100% it can be done, I have to try .. I already have one location in mind and have been to scout it out and it seems promising. Just need to find a few more spots to use as I dont want all my eggs in one basket.

Here's a tiny preview of the site I have already been to...full of Gorse bushes (insanely spikey) and a shit load of young 10ft-12ft small trees. Plenty of unpleasant spikey undergrowth (Brambles, Nettles and Gorse) for cover and I have never seen so many deer tracks in all my life - a very good sign there are not many people about... also the deer are easily kept away from young plants by simply pissing nearby (a bit gross but works extremely well and its free) and taking the dog with you to the site...deer wont come anywhere near the place for a good week or so after the dog has been up there...
Oh and there is loads of easy to access water nearby from springs, ponds and streams...
f01581d6c5f1bc656a777111adc0e48a.jpg

Anyway thats all for now. Gotta get the car fixed tomorrow (manifold fell of yesterday ...) then off scouting for more locations while I wait for this harvest to come in. Hopefully it won't be too long now...

Take care everyone and have a great day ..

Back
Top Bottom