Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

We got the Weed Shaaaack, baby…. Keys today.

Builder is there still with & Co. gonna be epic. Have a video uploading and I’ll put it in my journal for now. Some proud new owner pictures below though!

We own a legit free standing weed dispensary! How’d my life get to here?

IMG_0473.jpeg
IMG_0475.jpeg
IMG_0044.jpeg

Like c'mon? Anyone not want to buy legit tested top quality bud at $4 a gram from The Weed Shack?

We're 100% keeping the tropical island bamboo aesthetic. Just gonna spruce it up a bit. We have homes and a mosques next door, and a school (our daughter's) just just 100m away so one rule we all insta agreed on is no smoking at the shack. Respect our neighbours.

'But yeah - so cool. My parents will be so proud of me 😂

See Dad - when you fixed it for that half pound of hash I got arrested for at Glastonbury in 1994? Yeah did I learn my lesson!
congrates on the signing & good luck with the bizz

Nice looking seedlings Nick. :thumb: 🍋
Look Kevin - I know my plants were small in this grow - the light did break. But calling them seedlings is a bit harsh!

😂

@InTheShed as a DJ can only remind me of Judge Jules.

His Uncle is the TV chef - Rick Stein

So about 15 years ago Judge Jules books a table for the whole family for Uncle Rick's 60th birthday or whatever. Eight to a dozen of them, family only.

Rick despite being one of the most noted seafood chefs in the UK - he orders the chicken. Says actually I'm not such a fan - and I know! Yes I know! Its not not a reflection on what I think of your seafood - but you know how boring it is everyone always expects me to order the seafood and I have to pass comment on it?! Its boring. So I order the chicken.

Judge Jules - who is like a world renowned DJ and booked the table in his real name as a present for his famous Uncle's birthday? He bounces -he leaves without paying and Rick Stein? He picks up the tab. I ean I can check what the bill was, it was like not mega maybe $1500USD?

But it was Uncle Rick's 60th Birthday Judge Jules booked and arranged - I mean he's made bank you'd think?!

How do I know this?

Hehe.

It was The Real Nick Hardy's restaurant.

We met there, but yeah kinda weird. Like I'm gonna have to screen cap this for him - it involves my Dad, my ex wife, me refusing to pay a deposit for a birthday meal, (gonna have to trust me mate) thowing coins across bar floors for 500 quid and a bunch more. That all culminated in the ultimate bant of stealing his name and writing under it here at 420magazine.com

What friends are for right? We live 6000+ miles away. Reckon its probably not quite enough for him! But like couldn't ask for a better mate.

When all is said and done - this is my favourite song of all time.

OK Buddy what would you have me call them a little bigger than seedlings. They are nice and healthy looking little plants. :thumb: :rofl:🍋
are you refering to Jons seedlings?

Nah - Was joking my plants were so small in this grow Keith was calling them 'seedlings"

Just my sense of humor.

Sorry
i thought your tent looked good wall to wall of bud

i thought your tent looked good wall to wall of bud
Thank you bro.
Nick grows some fantastic plants. 🍋
Thank you mate but really its my wife - you and I both know its our wives make stuff happen! x

I'm gonna kinda paraphrase what I sent to @InTheShed with our weights.

I 100% do not want to come across as a "Whiney Limey"

My fancy light broke. It happens, stuff breaks, in grows stuff happens. "Plan A" becomes "Recovery Plan K"

Genuinely - I really learnt so much from this grow by once I'd written it off as yield grow - just testing other things.

That is in no way to take away from @Jon and his efforts! What I was really interested in from Jon's grow was more, not the Auto aspect, more the training aspect. It's a real weak spot in our skill set.

Because the light broke and we couldn't utilise the Co2 and high temps I haven't got any info on that delta point of reference I hoped for.

But - we did pivot to something different and we learned stuff we weren't expecting to learn! Ain't that fun!

This grow was Jon's idea - PM'd me out the blue - I think it took me an hour so to agree. He'll tell you my first worry it would come across as too competitive, the fear that the bants, the roasting between us might get misconstrued by 95% hours of members on the site. Like me and Jon and PM'd a bit before this but not much at all. I thought I'd been growing for years, rather than months, we weren't as tight mates as you might think!

But I was like hell yeah! (once we clarified no actual real competition) Jon didn't even want to release numbers at one point.

We really need to be competitive?

Hehe - me and Jon both! We are competitive monsters!

The roasting and bants got a bit much and we toned it down cause some cool members suggested it in private.

Glad we did!

It was always gonna be me doing the 16 hour flight to the US the 3 hours from NY to Philly or 2 hours to Boston? Its a rounding error. BTW - def doing it round the world! I'll fly east to NY (over the north pole) then go back east home to Thailand.

Back East...

Back wherever.

I want a holiday, a treat, pull one of my airport hoodies on, adjust the can's on my ears, take the champagne and press the button that makes my seat go flat.

Then rent a massive American sized SUV (Navigator) and jump the queue at Citizen's Bank Park and watch my first live baseball game - with a buddy yeah, a guy

He's made me laugh plenty.

Good dude is Jon

If we can get Bill there or anyone else round those parts there? Then yeah - my cup, its overflowing.

Nick

Where are you going for a game? I in Massachusetts about 2 hours from Fenway. Let me know where you are going. :thumb: 🍋
I really want to go to Fenway.

Jon won - so its Philly - but I can do both. I'm literally gonna fly round the world.

Gonna book the flights like that and maybe stop in England on the return trip

Roy and GV - I'mma comin' for you!

I used to commute 4 hours each way once every ten days HK to Thailand.

I love planes and airports. Sennheisers and Sony MX's

I'm like George Clooney in "Up In the Air"

But like much better looking, obvs.

I'm gonna do it - my treat to myself.

Had a hella few years of work. I drop dead tomorrow? My fam got nothing to worry about.

Can't take it with you though, right?

So yeah fly to NY, meet The Real Nick, buy an old UPS truck, drive to Atlantic City, play Blackjack, bet all 7 boxes for $100 and win, drive to Philly watch a baseball game with Jon, drive a Lincoln Navigator 5 hours north to Boston and watch a game at Fenway with Kevin?

My only question is - are there Motel 6's on the road between Philly and Boston?

If there are - I'll make the above happen.

I know.

Its the internets

But - yeah. I will.

Estimated Prophet from the Dead I believe is in 13/9 or something like that. There are some crazy ass time signatures out there. You really want to get crazy find a live version of the song Victim or the Crime, a more recent Dead tune. That one wil rip your head off trying to figure it out. Lol!
Check out some of Rush’s crazy times like on YYZ or La Villa Strangioto. CL🍀

So I’m quite good at doing what I say ai’m going to do:

IMG_0481.jpeg

That’s from a lovely guy from Grove Bags. I’ve put him in touch with Rob. Grows (only 10ft or the neighbors see! 😂)

Hopefully something comes of it.

Any of you US based people - what do I need to show to buy a truck? Presumably ID of some sort? I’d be paying cash. Got various nationalities of passports and driving licenses I can show. (Real ones!)

Real Nick so annoyed with me. He knows I’m Jedi mind tricking him into coming 😂

Also - I don’t mind drummers. Weird is built in.

Bass players? They’re the ones you need to watch out for.

Espedair Street by Iain Banks is a brilliant book about a bass player.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom