Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

I just try to keep the air flowing around it and leave it. Not much else you can do besides a dehuey. CL🍀
Yeah. Thanks. Ok I’m on that page and hear that. I have a dehuey, but there’s nowhere to put it in the tent without the exhaust frying the plant on that side. I’m also running with no exhaust fan. This girl is ambient by day, with AC in a closed tent with one safe hole opened at the bottom at night. It’s risky but I had no other options without spending more coin.

Nope

Grove Bags no need to burp ever.

Umm read an @Carmen Ray journal?! All her posts are on her actual kitchen table.

So I looked into this. I see "nano tech" generally I'm like yeah woteva!

But for all the common bugs and disease PM to White Fly it says it does the job. It was actually designed (and is still used for) hand sanitiser during Covid times. So it might just be like fancy dish soap! But they sell it at Walmart in the US. Its worth a look - be cool someone gave it a go?

Dude - I know you read but is this week, "The Posh English Dictionary"

😂

Yeah pay it forward bro - rare in anything in my life I am so full in on a product. iPhones, Lenovo Laptops, Clipper lighters, Grove Bags,

Really not much else, oh Sennheiser ear buds and Sony MX noise cancelling cans.

I get them interested in the site everyone's a winner, right!
I wasn’t saying anything against grove bags. Just a preference thing. And yes of course, but Carmen’s isn’t what I was visualizing. More like ice creams pictures. Someone right in the middle of their kitchen so they have to work, cook, etc right around the plant. Lmao!

Gorilla Cookies (coco 10 - Cyco)

This plant has a ton of branches that are side branches which will be airy-er than the uppers. And oddly, it’s the lowers that have gotten a bit foxtail-ish. The uppers are dense nugs. I expect to lose about a quarter of this girl to bud that won’t make my jars, but will be too good to give up to kief. I’ll be smoking a lot of GC as a result. Lmao. This branch had fallen completely over and was a break just hanging on, so it has become a tester. But this is what I’m talking about. These buds will smoke great but be way ugly and un-give-away-able. Very bottom type branch here.

IMG_5679.jpeg

Wow. Do I have to wait on Shed or do I get a DM?

Yes buddy! You wait!

This is the service that "Shed Certified Yield Report Escrow Services LLP" provides.

I send my results.

You send yours and then I have some suggestions...

Fireworks?

Marching bands

That boxing announcer?

Or an announcement all in beige?

(Apparently the Kardashian colour of choice for LA homes I read today)

I will say - I dunno. Like I really wasn't making it up about the light! The yield was like I think most people would be very happy with. The lack of light meant our normal toolbox of Co2 and heat wasn't open to us.

So I did try to pivot a bit and look at stuff a little lower and slower and learn some about what I can control in that tent in terms of environment. My farmer buddy was in town when we harvested the previous crop in there back in January. Those buds were like as big as 2L (half gallon) Coca Cola bottles. But at 60 days we hit mould problems. Just too big. We ran to nearly ten weeks here no issues, for sure smaller buds helped but we tweaked the environmental issues.

Some people heard & Co explain (it was a voice recording) what she's do next time.

She was knackered just finished trim, but still herself.

"We tell everyone we do again, and we win not stupid @#$%^&* #$%^&* #$%^&* light break and not that $%^&*@# and not $%^&*@# we just win next time. Very easy babe!"

That was her tired.

You should hear her in full song!

We've learned a lot though this grow, as we aim to every grow.

The drought, dark, and it was two people a plant to the trim trays moving them so so gently. Trimming in the dry room, yep for ever more.

Just tried the BBMR

Wooden, tobacco bit of pine. Lemony snickets a touch/ Lozenge style. Even a hint of Werthers Original.

That I get that off weed not jar or bag cured yet! Never happens. Normally just tastes of green.

So we really learnt some stuff. The yield? 0% to be ashamed of. Even I don't mention the light that broke and coulda burned my house to the ground!

Just to circle back to that point - @InTheShed mentioned to me privately and it was 100% taken in the spirit it was meant! Just a jokey aside for a bullet dodged!

1714052227770.png

This is two friends (I think!) talking. Our setup is a little more pro setup than most, everything is carefully located safety first - in no small part because the first person to say hello to me on the site was @Bill284 and I read his fire safety thread here, but its also in his sig. Like I say Shed, me, Bill we know the importance of safety. Bill very much sadly first hand.

And then yeah Shed pulling my leg! Check my custom title, Skin&Eyes - look I do not have the best sense of smell, use your imagination as to why, but that thing reeks still, not bothered putting the cover on 'cause why bother. Me and Sparky were amazed how bad the smell was. But its testament to how well that light and any grow light are put together nowadays. Full IP waterproofing standards, so good the smell just never got chance to escape. That reassures me. You use a legit brand light, any the sponsors here or more it'll perform the same, where you can look after your own grow safety is with the basics, use enough sockets, don't daisy chain 4 plug adaptors on to more - and especially you crazies in North America build your houses out of wood! Extra care please.

Oh right?!

Blackberry Moonrocks from Blimburn Seeds?

Powerful monkey juice!

First time at a strain, always mashes me a little more. Like my brain needs an hour or two figure out how to fight it and get to baseline. Diminishing returns thereafter.

Its punchy! No doubt. The Bubba Kush though. That has a little something special about it. I'm still thinking about it now. Think we'll run 10 or so next flower room grow.

I see why people like breeding from it.

Nick (and with great thanks to M. Shed)

And take care your plugs and sockets and then:

Umm - Mrs Shed will get that!

(The blond lady, Jill Dando was murdered at her front door in a still as yet unsolved crime in an expensive are of London a few months later #jussayin)

Yes buddy! You wait!

This is the service that "Shed Certified Yield Report Escrow Services LLP" provides.

I send my results.

You send yours and then I have some suggestions...

Fireworks?

Marching bands

That boxing announcer?

I will say - I dunno. Like I really wasn't making it up about the light! The yield was like I think most people would be very happy with. The lack of light meant our normal toolbox of Co2 and heat wasn't open to us.

So I did try to pivot a bit and look at stuff a little lower and slower and learn some about what I can control in that tent in terms of environment. My farmer buddy was in town when we harvested the previous crop in there back in January. Those buds were like as big as 2L (half gallon) Coca Cola bottles. But at 60 days we hit mould problems. Just too big. We ran to nearly ten weeks here no issues, for sure smaller buds helped but we tweaked the environmental issues.

Some people heard & Co explain (it was a voice recording) what she's do next time.

She was knackered just finished trim, but still herself.

"We tell everyone we do again, and we win not stupid @#$%^&* #$%^&* #$%^&* light break and not that $%^&*@# and not $%^&*@# we just win next time. Very easy babe!"

That was her tired.

You should hear her in full song!

We've learned a lot though this grow, as we aim to every grow.

The drought, dark, and it was two people a plant to the trim trays moving them so so gently. Trimming in the dry room, yep for ever more.

Just tried the BBMR

Wooden, tobacco bit of pine. Lemony snickets a touch/ Lozenge style. Even a hint of Werthers Original.

That I get that off weed not jar or bag cured yet! Never happens. Normally just tastes of green.

So we really learnt some stuff. The yield? 0% to be ashamed of. Even I don't mention the light that broke and coulda burned my house to the ground!

Just to circle back to that point - @InTheShed mentioned to me privately and it was 100% taken in the spirit it was meant! Just a jokey aside for a bullet dodged!

1714052227770.png

This is two friends (I think!) talking. Our setup is a little more pro setup than most, everything is carefully located safety first - in no small part because the first person to say hello to me on the site was @Bill284 and I read his fire safety thread here, but its also in his sig. Like I say Shed, me, Bill we know the importance of safety. Bill very much sadly first hand.

And then yeah Shed pulling my leg! Check my custom title, Skin&Eyes - look I do not have the best sense of smell, use your imagination as to why, but that thing reeks still, not bothered putting the cover on 'cause why bother. Me and Sparky were amazed how bad the smell was. But its testament to how well that light and any grow light are put together nowadays. Full IP waterproofing standards, so good the smell just never got chance to escape. That reassures me. You use a legit brand light, any the sponsors here or more it'll perform the same, where you can look after your own grow safety is with the basics, use enough sockets, don't daisy chain 4 plug adaptors on to more - and especially you crazies in North America build your houses out of wood! Extra care please.

Oh right?!

Blackberry Moonrocks from Blimburn Seeds?

Powerful monkey juice!

First time at a strain, always mashes me a little more. Like my brain needs an hour or two figure out how to fight it and get to baseline. Diminishing returns thereafter.

Its punchy! No doubt. The Bubba Kush though. That has a little something special about it. I'm still thinking about it now. Think we'll run 10 or so next flower room grow.

I see why people like breeding from it.

Nick (and with great thanks to M. Shed)

And take care your plugs and sockets and then:

Umm - Mrs Shed will get that!

(The blond lady, Jill Dando was murdered at her front door in a still as yet unsolved crime in an expensive are of London a few months later #jussayin)
Well alrighty then. I shall wait.

The active ingredient is Zetrisil.
I just want to mention that the active ingredients are soybean and corn oil. I posted my thoughts about it at the bottom of this post in my thread.

Nick's numbers are in and logged and I await the word from Jon by May 1st!

I just want to mention that the active ingredients are soybean and corn oil. I posted my thoughts about it at the bottom of this post in my thread.

And Jon is looking at the calendar, still hasn’t harvested a plant, and has dense buds that will not be dry by May 1. That would be true if I harvested tomorrow most likely. But, there’s a chance that I am taking at least one tomorrow, so idk. I *might* have something by May 1. Trying.

Gorilla Cookies (coco 10 - Cyco)

This plant has a ton of branches that are side branches which will be airy-er than the uppers. And oddly, it’s the lowers that have gotten a bit foxtail-ish. The uppers are dense nugs. I expect to lose about a quarter of this girl to bud that won’t make my jars, but will be too good to give up to kief. I’ll be smoking a lot of GC as a result. Lmao. This branch had fallen completely over and was a break just hanging on, so it has become a tester. But this is what I’m talking about. These buds will smoke great but be way ugly and un-give-away-able. Very bottom type branch here.

IMG_5679.jpeg
See what I meant? They come out like this. Lmao!

IMG_5681.jpeg

And Jon is looking at the calendar, still hasn’t harvested a plant, and has dense buds that will not be dry by May 1. That would be true if I harvested tomorrow most likely. But, there’s a chance that I am taking at least one tomorrow, so idk. I *might* have something by May 1. Trying.
Bro - don’t worry about it.

To rush you is not my intent

As they say in Thai

“Cha cha”

Slow slow!

Wish & Co would listen to Cha Cha when we play pool. Hits the ball way too hard that one.

Its my date - my canary.

Shed will release my numbers then? Should I get hit by a bus even!

Please don’t do anything different to how would do anyway.

That said:

IMG_0465.jpeg

That Bubba Kush just it was calling me!

Its a 3” grinder.

For like 24 hours cured its phenomenal.

I have 6kg of weed sitting a few feet away. Perfect cured for months.

This has been calling me.

Bubba Kush, eh?

The cure had started already with the dry. Its a 400sq/ft environmentally controlled room. For x numbers of grams. Overkill. But yeah special strain.

Grove Bags got back to me.

Like his name is sorta Hardy Hardy too funny - he's related somewhere (like 10 generations back) to The Real Nick Hardy. Newsflash his family name is not Hardy!

He's on Pacific time so when I wake up we're gonna have an email chat and hopefully he's interested in doing something for the site!

Like the same name.

Too funny.

Universe man.

Gorilla Cookies
Coco/hydro/Cyco
Harvest????

Ok guys, do I take her? The buds are closed and dense as lead. She ain’t getting any fatter or sprouting any more new growth. As you can see from the trichs, there’s a decent bit of amber creeping in. Yes there are still some unfilled trichs, but for the most part they’re white. If I wait on every single trich to get white at this point I fear I’ll have way too much amber for me.

Here’s the pics. Would you guys take her?

2024-04-24-05-09-36-804.jpeg

2024-04-24-05-08-20-803.jpeg

IMG_5649.jpeg

IMG_5650.jpeg

Was the May 1 date a bit arbitrary?

I can or not. Entirely up to you two. I think with Jon still posting there will be plenty of reason for folks to stick around here for a more accurate reveal date.
yep i think not rushing jon would be the fairest, & plus this journal is entered in JOTM so both are responsable for entertaining us till the end

yep i think not rushing jon would be the fairest, & plus this journal is entered in JOTM so both are responsable for entertaining us till the end
I am mos def not entered in JOTM!

My views are my own and I 100% did not nominate nor vote for this journal in the super duper and generous contests

Might have NickHardy in the title!

But its Jon’s journal.

My vote?

Well that’s between me and the ballot box Meeester!

I am mos def not entered in Jotm!
i would have to disagree, like it or not you're 50% of this thread & your sense of humor is better than Jons (sorry Jon!) Lol!

i would have to disagree, like it or not you're 50% of this thread & your sense of humor is better than Jons (sorry Jon!) Lol!
Woah man!

That’s so kind. You know how to tickle my ego! Reminds me this girl in a Motel 6 once, she had eyes as big as Jolly Ranchers, she was a beautiful girl, a beautiful girl.

So anyone wondering what happened all that burned weed? Stuff fell in the side lighting?

Like my totally - meh! This grow has gone wrong and meh! I’ll be a bit lazy?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Buuelller?

IMG_0468.jpeg
IMG_0466.jpeg

So that lone green nug atop the burned stuff I do indeed have in bag inside a Grove Gag!

These are, I think the OG Kush, throw away colas.

We don't even bother to trim that!

I mean it will 100% get you high. But it wasn't weighed or considered for bagging. We are pretty ruthless on what we'll weigh

So they go into the green roisin press in the background. Roisin really rewards ultra dry weed in my experience - even like burnt!

Nick

oh Sennheiser
Ohhh Sennheiser 🎶👂
Umm read an @Carmen Ray journal?! All her posts are on her actual kitchen table.
Yip yip.

how beige

Thank you! After reading your response my first port of call was right back here to make good on that earlier post. Thanks for sorting it out Shed.

Back
Top Bottom