Baby Trees' Second Grow!

Plants looking great,
Edit - after checking again I'm too far above the canopy to wait on flowering, I just took clones, and set it to 12/12, gonna do a heavy defol/lolipop after work tomorrow and be off to the races!

Question - I see people mentioning 24 hours darkness to flip into flower has anyone done this /seen it's work/benefited?

Have a great day everyone!
IMG_20201115_195550.jpg

I’ve done it, and I didn’t see any benefits for doing so, going one way or the other. It’s all a preference thing I guess.

when I left my plants in dark for an extended amount of time before going into flower, I felt it took longer to flip to flower, and it made my plants tops look almost white in colour. Scared the shit outta me. They did bounce back though.

if you’re curious, try it out. First hand experience is bar none, the best way!!

I’ve done it, and I didn’t see any benefits for doing so, going one way or the other. It’s all a preference thing I guess.

when I left my plants in dark for an extended amount of time before going into flower, I felt it took longer to flip to flower, and it made my plants tops look almost white in colour. Scared the shit outta me. They did bounce back though.

if you’re curious, try it out. First hand experience is bar none, the best way!!
If I didnt panic flip to flower due to space restraints I probably would have, but I didn't really have the time to do 24hours of darkness this go around maybe in a few runs I'll give it a shot. I'd definetly like to see if it speeds it up because my mystic does take a while to transition into flower. Anywhere from like 18-25 days for it to start forming little buds

Just scrolling through my notifications, and the last thread I was in, was plant of the month thread! :bravo: Baby trees!:bravo:
Haha, it's looking promising I'm very surprised I'm even in the race currently, this is my first time entering. kind of crazy I'm even being able to compete with the plants in POTM there's some MONNNSTAHH plants in there.

Heya 420fam,

As feared the stretch ended with the plants about 7 inches from the lights, went ahead and dimmed the light very slightly today after noticing the tiniest bit of light LED light burn on only one top, I'm stuck at this height so hopefully I can try to dial it back enough to won't happen again.
Now I am within the time frame of where you can just cut the top bit off that nug, and it'll actually allegedly shape the bud differently, this is supposed to happen around week 5-6 I've heard, so I went ahead and snipped the top portion off, and we'll see how it grows.
Here's the pic I was able to get of the slight burn, not the best my cameras not cooperating today
And here's another canopy shot and the branch I cut the tiny bit off of.
The bit I cut is a lot whiter in person, wasn't able to show that well in the pic.
Hope all your grows are looking great.
IMG_20201224_081319.jpg
IMG_20201224_081050.jpg
IMG_20201224_080944.jpg

Merry Christmas to and yours baby trees!!
happy new year!!
You too bud!

Went and hung with my family today, and had lunch and exchanged some gifts, got a new tank bag and license plate elim kit for the motorcycle pretty excited to get those thrown on, was nice I don't get to see all the family very often.

Hope ya have a good holiday bro, your little ones first Christmas I hope it's special! Enjoy every minute man have a good rest of your night.

You too bud!

Went and hung with my family today, and had lunch and exchanged some gifts, got a new tank bag and license plate elim kit for the motorcycle pretty excited to get those thrown on, was nice I don't get to see all the family very often.

Hope ya have a good holiday bro, your little ones first Christmas I hope it's special! Enjoy every minute man have a good rest of your night.
Thanks bro!!

sounds like Santa treated you well this year!! Very nice!!

sorry about that PM of yours that’s sitting in my inbox... still unread... lol been so far behind on my notifications and was trying to get caught up on those before going to my inbox, but just can’t seem to get caught up haha!!

merry Christmas again man hope you have a great day!!

Thanks bro!!

sounds like Santa treated you well this year!! Very nice!!

sorry about that PM of yours that’s sitting in my inbox... still unread... lol been so far behind on my notifications and was trying to get caught up on those before going to my inbox, but just can’t seem to get caught up haha!!

merry Christmas again man hope you have a great day!!
Yeah definitely got hookedd up this year!
Hope ya have a great holiday man!
And haha no rush on that message bro, everyone gets super busy around this time of year.

Ohh, I Popped some new genetics the other day btw! the Mimosa Evo by Barney's farm is Clementine X purple punch which is 24-30% THC and a high yielder at 700G/Meter sq.
And a chem Dawg, which is OG Kush X sour Diesel, hoping that ones a nice funky gassy strain. They're just
Entering veg on their second set of true leaves still tiny babies so we'll see how they veg! Hope I get a keeper pheno .

haha, yeah definitely was a close battle was a little bit of a downer especially after being up all month,
but he really did have a really nice plant, so I'm glad I lost to the plant I would of voted for had I not selfishly voted for myself lol!
I'm sure I'll get that title at some point, but tbh I looked at the par chart on the Light and it's basically same as mar's TSW1000 so definitely not too bummed about it, I definitely could of used it for my clone area. but I've got that lil Blurple 128W which will do just fine for it.

and it helps that I never really expected to win my first time entering that contest, I didn't think I had a shot. so it's definitely motivating how many people chose my plant.

Back
Top Bottom