Back For Another Grow

Seems like they grow an inch a day now. and it's obvious they don't need water yet. even tho I thought they did. I fought off the urge. what's that they say about old dogs

IMG_20240204_184446514.jpg

IMG_20240204_184451808.jpg

If you're having trouble holding off for drooping, maybe try adding an extra day to each watering cycle until you do. So if you're every four days this round, wait for five next round and six the next.

I'd imagine that would give you a much better sense at how much you are overwatering as well as give the plant a chance to grow some new roots which will start shortening the cycle once they get better established.

But I think you're close. Just have to master the art of watering a touch better. :thumb:

I'm getting there AZ, I watched a couple of videos on YouTube showing how dry and droopy they can get. Looking almost dead, but they bounced back in a very short time
And to be clear, you only want to do that once so you can count the days. Once you know how long that took you'll want to water on the day before they droop. And before you do water pick up the pot and note how heavy (actually how  light) it is. Maybe even weigh it if you can.

That's your target each cycle, and the number of days it takes should reduce by one or so each subsequent cycle. Once it gets to one or two days in between cycles it's time to up-pot if you intend to go on to bigger containers.

Welp, I was promised a sunny day, "wall to wall sun today" the weather person said. at 7:30 the sun was shining brightly thru the windows, oh boy I said to myself... It takes until 8:30 to be at the rite angle to hit the plants. WELP, at 8:37 the clouds started rolling in, now I'm under complete cloud cover.

IMG_20240208_083421316.jpg

IMG_20240208_083616892.jpg

IMG_20240208_083339969.jpg

Try a cycle where you let them go without water until they droop. Keep track of the days required and I'll bet you'll be surprised how long it takes to actually drain the container, not just the upper two thirds.

And that will give you a better baseline going forward as to the watering interval you should be using.
If the plant droops from being dried out to much between waterings it's a sign of roots dying off. The optimal is not a wet to crisp dry to the bone watering cycle. That only creates nutrient spikes in the root zone and even more roots dying off and most beneficial microbes.

People even promote droughting hydro grown plants on here so I'm not surprised of the big confusion about watering frequency.

Back
Top Bottom