BayAreaStoners New Beginning. Are you in?

I absolutely love driving the Mt. Shasta area.. and of course California! We always stop there and pick up something as a suvenior LoL.. thats where I got the shirt I am wearing in my Avatar pic LOL I got it in Weed, Cali.. Oh but my favorite is driving through Mt. Shasta when it's a clear night and the moon is full of light and the snow on Mt. Shasta reflects it so well.. It's a beautiful sight! I have beautiful pictures of Mt. Shasta and the entire area from all our drives. We will be making our way down there again this month for some business. I love the drive and the scenaries.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! LoL

That sign used to crack me up! Never got to stop there though. I knew I saw that sign on this site before! YOU!

Wow, you keep reppin the Heaven on Earth place...It must be pretty great. I'll have to stop there next time I'm down that way! I make the drive between Seattle-San Diego pretty often, since my parents live down there and I hate flying. You're right, the drive through N. Cal Mt. Shasta up through the Siskiyous is breathtaking. But, the last couple times I made that leg of the journey was at night so I missed the scenery.

You guys would never imagine what goes on in the Dunsmuir to Shasta Lake stretch at night. LOL! Oh my God! All the way through there at night you here the H**kers on the CB trying to drum up business! Going on for years!

well i am definatly in glad your daughter is ok how are your girls doing i love the stories you guys have been telling you are definatly the sweetheart of 420 hell i think i love you lol good luck on all your journeys cant wait for more post:adore:

Here are the pictures I promised ya! These are pictures I took while I was actually driving.. like I was literally driving the car and taking the pictures LoL

Cali_Trip_Oct_2009_039.JPG

Sorry there isn't more, but the other ones I have, we aren't allowed to post due to privacy matters cause they have peoples faces in them! So enjoy these and when we return from our next trip, I will have more for you guys to enjoy!

Very nice pictures Bay! You aren't kidding the lake is very low. I don't know if I've ever seen it that low. the lake was low when I was living out there, but that is much lower. I have the same pic by the way, from the same stretch of highway that you have. The one of Mt. Shasta (the one I copied to this post). When I drove I took most of my pics while moving.LOL Unless there was some scenery from a rest area (just north of the lake is a nice rest area), most of my photos were taken like yours. I was always on a pretty tight schedule.

Where you took the photo, that's one of the 'nicest spots along one of the most beautiful stretches of road' in the US. In my opinion. My list has hundreds of places though. Top of my head, highway 12 from Lolo MT. over the pass (Lolo) into Idaho and along the Lochsa river down to Kooskia the Clearwater River and Lewiston. Spectacular would be the road through Jasper Nat Pk in Canada and then through the mountains of British Columbia to Vancouver. Breathtaking! (Oh in the winter its beautiful, but dangerous)

Here are the pictures I promised ya! These are pictures I took while I was actually driving.. like I was literally driving the car and taking the pictures LoL
Part of Shasta Lake..

Sorry there isn't more, but the other ones I have, we aren't allowed to post due to privacy matters cause they have peoples faces in them! So enjoy these and when we return from our next trip, I will have more for you guys to enjoy!

Lovely pictures! Will be following this journal too! Congrats on your last grow btw :p :bravo::rollit:

Love the piccies mate.:welldone: What a beautiful looking place. I'll have to post some of the beaches and river around here. A bit o Downunder for y'all.:thumb::peace:

Hi BAS Great pictures.....hope 420 won't take em down:smokin:

I have a son that lives in Redding and he loves it. That's where Joanne is headed, if we ever sell this place....we're trying.:ganjamon:

But, pretty as it is.......I'm not leaving here.:yummy::yummy:

Have a good and safe trip....and good times.:thumb:

I grew up in Salem-Corvallis area and i really miss Oregon's natural beauty. It is just so green there. I love how Oregon has like just about every kind of ecosystem you could think of. And i love how its all just a few hours away. Shoot down to Newport or coos bay one day and head over to Bend for some of the best trout fishing in the world the next. /sigh Damn really missing it now.

Very nice pictures Bay! You aren't kidding the lake is very low. I don't know if I've ever seen it that low. the lake was low when I was living out there, but that is much lower. I have the same pic by the way, from the same stretch of highway that you have. The one of Mt. Shasta (the one I copied to this post). When I drove I took most of my pics while moving.LOL Unless there was some scenery from a rest area (just north of the lake is a nice rest area), most of my photos were taken like yours. I was always on a pretty tight schedule.

Where you took the photo, that's one of the 'nicest spots along one of the most beautiful stretches of road' in the US. In my opinion. My list has hundreds of places though. Top of my head, highway 12 from Lolo MT. over the pass (Lolo) into Idaho and along the Lochsa river down to Kooskia the Clearwater River and Lewiston. Spectacular would be the road through Jasper Nat Pk in Canada and then through the mountains of British Columbia to Vancouver. Breathtaking! (Oh in the winter its beautiful, but dangerous)

You aint kidding about that Highway 12 drive. It's pretty cool. I just got done driving it to go steelhead fishing on the lochsa, last weekend. :yahoo:
Did you ever try the "going to the sun" road in Glacier? Not for the faint of heart that's for sure. Super narrow winding road to the top. In the summer it has crazy traffic.

Thank you for all your wonderful stories! They are fantastic! :thumb:

My pleasure Bay, I love reminiscing about that time and place on my life! While this site is for our shared passion of growing and cultivating fine herbal medicine, meeting all you nice folks that live out west (and everywhere else) is an added bonus for me. The day will come when my wife and I will move West, I've promised her this many times in the last 15 years. I plan on keeping that promise!

I grew up in Salem-Corvallis area and i really miss Oregon's natural beauty. It is just so green there. I love how Oregon has like just about every kind of ecosystem you could think of. And i love how its all just a few hours away. Shoot down to Newport or coos bay one day and head over to Bend for some of the best trout fishing in the world the next. /sigh Damn really missing it now.

I took my wife to bend a few years ago as it was a place form my past that I wanted her to see. When I was going through that 'little' town there was like 19,000 people there! Now its got over 100,000 and if it wasn't for the recent economic depression it would still be growing.
You aint kidding about that Highway 12 drive. It's pretty cool. I just got done driving it to go steelhead fishing on the lochsa, last weekend. :yahoo:
Did you ever try the "going to the sun" road in Glacier? Not for the faint of heart that's for sure. Super narrow winding road to the top. In the summer it has crazy traffic.

Never had the time to get to Glacier, but I can imagine the beauty. I've been through Jasper and Banff many times and It must be similar. The Rockies really change dramatically from Glacier and on up northwards into Canada.

I used to carry my fishing rod and tackle in the truck with me always. Cutthroat Fishing was always great on the Lochsa. They have those huge roadside parking areas all along that river that were perfect for parking a rig. Your the first person I've met since I've been away that knows the Lochsa! I lived in Lewiston ID.:thumb:

Part of Shasta Lake..

great pix BAS,:welldone: thanks for sharing, and here I thought I was the only one doing the "taking pictures while driving 90 mph down the highway/interstate" i have quite a few of MT mountain ranges/sunsets/snowy conditions, etc... in my collection taken that way!!!
Tay

Yay! Love that you guys have seen the beauty here in MT! Drove past...the going to the sun road through GNP yesterday...I make that trip about 4 or 5 times a year...in the summer I will actually take the road instead of driving past it. Makes my trip about an hour longer, but ooooh so beautimus!!!
Tay

Part of Shasta Lake..

great pix BAS,:welldone: thanks for sharing, and here I thought I was the only one doing the "taking pictures while driving 90 mph down the highway/interstate" i have quite a few of MT mountain ranges/sunsets/snowy conditions, etc... in my collection taken that way!!!
Tay

Yay! Love that you guys have seen the beauty here in MT! Drove past...the going to the sun road through GNP yesterday...I make that trip about 4 or 5 times a year...in the summer I will actually take the road instead of driving past it. Makes my trip about an hour longer, but ooooh so beautimus!!!
Tay

It would be hard driving through Montana without a camera on the seat next to ya! When coming up from SE Idaho on I-15 and crossing into Montana at Monida Pass Near Lima, MT. I always thought that the phrase 'Big Sky' was very appropriate as the landscape went on forever! many places like that in MT.

:passitleft:

Tay

We are practically neighbors:ganjamon: I can get to the gate at the south entrance in 45 minutes. It is a great place to go trip around with the kids. We go up there about 10 times a year and never stop running out of places to see.

Hello everyone..
Im making another trip to Cali tomorrow, my mama will be tending to them until I get back. Should I be feeding them anything?? Hmmm I didn't have to think about that last time this early cause they were outside in the beginning.. To me they look alittle pale.. Anyway, if I can't get to my ;aptop during my trip.. I will see ya guys when I get back and I will have more pix to share of a few things, not just road trip pix! LoL.. See you guys soon.. Im gonna be here tho aleast til tomorrow...

I gotta make dinner now.. Steak and Potatooooooooooesss!!! oh and GREEN beans!! LoL YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY!!

Hey would she pick a place and have a 420 Mag BBQ!! Ya that sounds fun!!!

Hello Bay, I'm already starving and your talking about food! I'm in the 'long' process of uploading pics on my grow and told my wife I'd eat when I'm done. Steak and potatoes and green beans, Oh my! Medium please!LOL

Shouldn't need to feed your babies for the first two weeks at least although it depends on your soil medium. But I'm not an expert Bay. I'm learning like you. One of our great growers will come to your rescue. I'm sure!

Have a terrific trip, a great time and be careful on the drive down and back! :ciao:

Hey would she pick a place and have a 420 Mag BBQ!! Ya that sounds fun!!!

I was gonna say something to 420 about that but i don't think there would be enough people that would participate. It'd have to be scheduled around a major event. On my car forum, we scheduled a meet at the indy 500.

Wow! :thumb: Glad you enjoyed it and sounds like you had a terrific time there. Not much has change there at all in the last like almost 20 yrs! Was there still a dirt lot across the street from the place I used to chill out there sometimes after stopping there.

How about the rest of your trip? Good time? Good to see you back home safe and sound. How are your little 'plantlings' doing!

Back
Top Bottom