BC Godbud & Purple Wreck - Sunshine #4 - Indoor - First Grow

Thanks guys.. I am pretty bummed over it myself. Also.. having to isolate the tents i'm having some high humidity issues.. gonna have to get another dehumidifier I think.. *sigh* ..

I guess you don't know what too look for until you do.. it is all part of learning.. just hate that this is going to turn into a very costly lesson. Also..

I am not especially thrilled with the Sunshine Advanced #4.. and I am all ears for suggestions for the future..

:D

So sorry to hear about all the hermie troubles Rapture. I can't think of a better solution than what you already have planned. I'd be a bit afraid of those hermies continuing to spew pollen and make more seeds though. Pollen can hang in the air, gets on your clothes, travels for miles on the wind, and lives for a long time, so you have a real challenge keeping the 2 tents isolated enough from each other.
In spite of that, you should still end up with some good smoke- it will just need a bit of picking thru first.

I'm curious if the hermied girls were closest to your humidifier? I've heard that even a tiny led is enough to trigger them. I put black electrical tape over the lite on my humidifier just in case.

Soil wise I'm using Fox Farm's Ocean Forrest for the second time and love it. It comes loaded with a months worth of nutes and drains well. I've seen a lot of other folks using it too.:peace:

I have thought about orderings seeds... but this all exploded so fast for me.. i'm so new at it all.. and I have 12 strains total in house at the moment.. didn't see the need to order any more just yet.. So far I obviously have struck out lol.

But I have many on the bench just waiting for a turn in the flower tents.

Yes FC, the plant worst affected was by the humidifier :(

So my trim table is now the double wide of veg spots...

Welcome to my jungle ghetto ...

DSC0011718.JPG

To the best of my ability...

The 10x5 still has the 3 huge hermies, and the 3 most likely polinated BCgodbud and PW...

Been reading up on stuff and i'm gonna prolly try to harvest some of the seeds from the BCGB and PW... The self polinated silverpearls scare me a bit.. but from what I have read I stand a chance at some interesting hybrids between the others.

Can't find anywhere that a purple wreck x silver pearl hybrid exists.. same with the BCGB x silver pearl

I also was given a few seeds ... an "irene" x cherry pie (sounds awful kushy) but we will see. I am at my plant max for the moment so won't be popping beans untill after the 6 come down in the flower tent.

So.. here we are at 6 weeks in on the trecherous silver pearls.. and the tallest of the three just looks horrible.. Shes lost 80% of her fan leaves and is doing nothing but making gobs and gobs of seed pods.. her lower branches they arn't even buds full of seeds lol.. just clusters of seeds.. Lesigh.. The top colas look like they would have been just plain sexy.. but i can see some seeds there aswell..so since they are not useful for planting, I think I will cut her down tonight and get a practice round of the hanging stage. Her sugar leaves are just beautiful, with tons of resin on the underside of the leaves.. so got to figure out how best to make the most of her.

All input appreciated.

So far she is just upside down...

I did the research into trimming and curing.. don't know the first thing about hash.. yet!

Any shortcuts/pointers are always welcome.

If you want it dry, fast, then trim off most of the leaf, cut the buds up smaller and sit them on your HPS ballast to dry. They will taste 'grassy' and harsh, but will retain their THC and it's properties.

For proper trimming, drying and curing you want to remove as much leaf as you can and hang them up to dry, leaving the buds on the stem makes things easier. Keep the buds in darkness as UV light degrades THC, in a warm area with say 35% humidity. When the stem snaps upon bending they are ready for a cure.

To cure, the best thing is jars with the rubber seal on the lid. Place the buds loosely in the jars and close the lid. Open the lid a few times a day to release excess moisture. The longer the buds are in the jar, the better the flavour and potency.

For hash making, check out online videos for dry ice hash - really easy and effective.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom