Godbud - SSH - Cinx Outdoors & Autos Indoors - Critical Blue - Amnesia

re: Godbud - SSH - Cinx Outdoors & Autos Indoors - Critical Blue - Amnesia

Personally, I am not happy with my Mars II 900w. I will be selling it on Ebay. If I ever try a Mars again, I will request a custom build of 80% reds and then the rest mostly blues with a few whites and two IRs or so.

I think the mostly reds would do much better for flower.

I am going to get a Gavita 1000w.

Jsully, not sure yet. I know the shipping will be expensive because it is heavy. I will have to limit it to USA for sure. It has only been used for this grow so far, so it is like brand new.

Probably $200 and then whatever it cost to ship.

Getting ready to harvest the rest of the autos that grew under 1 600w HPS. I rotated a few of them under the LEDs to help dense them up faster.

Here are some of them. I might take pictures of each one before I harvest. I predict 10-11 oz from the autos under the 1 600w HPS Apollo ballast and Apollo bulb. Oh, I have done tests with other expensive bulbs and noticed no difference in growth or in Lux readings. I have also tested my brother in laws top of the line ballast 1000w and expensive bulbs. No difference than Apollo. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

So most all these autos were grown in 3 gallon pots. Three of them were done in five gallons. I grew 1 in a 1 gallon. She kind of impressed me. I am curious to see what she weighs. Probably only half once. Basically, you can get 1 to 1.5 oz from a 3 gallon pot pretty easy with autos, and 2-3oz with 5 gallons. 5 gallon pots are the way to go, IMO.

8-26-cb1.jpg

8-26-c472.jpg

8-26-c47.jpg

Quick outdoor update. All plants are in flower now. The largest is still the Headband in the ground. She is 5 foot something. I am 5'11'' and she comes up to about my nose. I bet she gets to six feet.

So, if you want to follow my new grow of regular plants indoors 1000w Gavita and 600w Apollo HPS check it out.

LEDRF's White Widow x Big Bud and Incredible Bulk Gavita and Apollo

8-26-group.jpg

While these veg and while the outdoors finish flowering, I am going to grew some autos in the same room as the regulars.

I will be growing some under the 1000w Gavita and some under the 600w HPS Apollo, the same light I just finished the last ones under. I am curious to see how much more yield I get from the Gavita. We will see.

So this new auto grow goes like this. Right now they are in solo cups. I don't recommend growing autos this way unless you know how not to stress them. You must only let them grow in the cups for a short period of time before transplanting them.

Strains: Auto Critical 47 and Auto Critical Blue. I made all the feminized seeds. Both are Sativa dominant and very head high.

They grow nice fat buds.

They finish in about 75 days. Often times the Critical Blue will grow almost black bud leaves toward the end as seen in previous pictures.

Indoor grow, under 600w Apollos and one 1000w Gavita, which I will purchase soon.

Soil or Hydro? 100% course coco from a brick. Brand name: General Hydroponics: CocoTech

Pots: Regular black 5 gallon pots.

Size of light? Will be running 1000W Gavita and 600w Apollo, both ballast and bulb

Cooled with fans and AC

Room temps are 75-78f.

RH -humidity- stays within 30-60. I run a large dehumidifier.

PH ferts to 5.8-6.1

Fertilizer: General Hydroponics modified Lukas Formula for coco known as Head's formula. 6mL Micro and 9mL Bloom. This gives the plants everything they need. I also water with GH cal-mag at 3mL gallon ever few waterings if they need it.

No Pest but a few gnats, which I prevent with sand on top and bottom of pots, about an inch. I first put coco in the bottom of the pot, then a layer of play sand, then coco, then top with sand.

How often are you watering? Everyday to every other day. Always with nutes a 6ml MIcro 9mL Bloomd per gallon of r/o water.

Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom only at about 600ppm is what 6ml and 9ml comes to.

So stay tuned. Lots of goodness to come.

I am also going to do an experiment and grow an auto it's whole life in a solo cup. Last grow I did one in a gallon pot. It got to a decent size. I do this just for fun.

Outdoor Update. Plants are looking good. Kosher Kush has some older leaves turning light green, so I feed her 1100 ppm of Organic Dr Earth Juice. She goes through 5 gallons of water a day right now.

My girlfriend is 5'7" and I used her to give perspective for some of the plants.

I've never grown Shishkaberry before, so I am curious as to how it comes out. It is not the largest grower when compared to the Headband. Both were the same size and age when they were planted in the ground. Both have the same soil and same watering, etc. She has much more space between her nodes, so I doubt she will produce much, unless each bud grows very big. She is 4 feet something

8-26-shishkaberry.jpg

This is the auto Critical 47. She is a good 5 feet now.

8-26-out-critical47.jpg

Kosher Kush isn't very tall, about 3.5 feet or so, but she is super bushy. Nice nodes. She is even more round than Godbud now, but Godbud is way much dense of a bush, wish super tight nodes, and tones of them. I have a feeling her buds will be fat as hell.

8-26-kosherkush.jpg

Headband 2 is in a 20 gallon airpot. I thought airpots would work better than a rubbermaid 18 gallon tote, but I guess not. Oh, but the tote is 18 gallons of water, where as the 20 gallon air pot is rated for 20 gallons of medium. Gardner gallons are not the same as water gallons, so the 18 gallon tote holds way more than 18 gallons of medium.

Consider that a 3 gallon grow pot holds 1.65 gallons of water. A 5 gallon holds about three gallons of water.

Headband2 is over 3 feet tall and pretty bushy. I imagine Headband would be a decent producer indoors in five gallon pots.

8-26-headband2.jpg

And the Queen B in height is the 5'4" Headband in the ground. You can see she is almost as tall as my girlfriend.

8-26-headband1.jpg

Imagine how big Super Silver Haze would have been by now if not stollen? My God!

And finally, we have Godbud in a 25 gallon garden pot.

8-26-godbud.jpg

I have been harvesting the auto critical blue and critical 47 that grew only under the 600w hps by apollo UFO hood. I will have pics soon. Based on the weights so far, it looks like 10-11 oz is accurate. I will let you know soon.

Think different is auto ak420 which is auto critical 47. I used Think Different to get my feminized seeds of auto critical 47. That's the over five foot tall beast outside right now.

I bred Think Different with their auto blue mazar to get critical blue. Man, that strain smells like some majestic fruit.

So, my guess was pretty dead on.

Yield from the 1 600w HPS by Apollo = 11.3oz and that is from mostly 3 gallons. If they had been 8 5 gallons, then more like a pound, which I hopefully do this next run of autos. I will be doing some under 600w hps and some under Gavita 1000w.

BTW the Gavita rocks. Better lux and par than a standard 1000w. I can't wait to see the growth it puts out.

Some pics from the 600w HPS Apollo harvest

11.3 oz will be dry weight. I always calculate this correct within .5 accuracy. Not bad. That is .52 grams a watt. Keep in mind most of the autos were in 3 gallon pots. 3 gallons averaged out 1oz each. the three 5 gallon pots averaged 2oz each. I actually got 14 grams from the 1 gallon, which is pretty cool.

I can easily fit 8 5 gallon autos under 1 600w HPS and pull a pound. That would be .74 per watt, but we will see what I get. Stay tuned as this next round of autos will be in this journal as well as the outdoor plants.

All pictures will not say autos, but they are all autos

8-29-c471.jpg

8-29-c475.jpg

None of the pics show just how full of sugar these babies are.

8-29-c473.jpg

8-29-c472.jpg

8-29-cb2.jpg

8-29-cb3.jpg

8-29-cb1.jpg

And here are some pics of my new grow room set up

8-29-growroom1.jpg

8-29-growroom3.jpg

8-29-growroom2.jpg

8-29-growroom4.jpg

ahh no wounder i had them strains in mind..i was looking right at the girls:D:blunt: did u cross them urself and get seeds? nice going if so :) ovely buds aswell. have u ever left them grow abit longer so there less white noodles and more orange? iv noticed they pack on a little more and tighten up abit when the start to colour more :peace:

Indo, yes I did cross them myself. So far, 100% feminized and 100% auto success rate.

I grew the Critical Blues for 87 days. They started to grow new little buds on the bud. You can see some of them on the big bud picture. So they started to grow new white hairs after all the older white hairs had turned orange.

The Think Differents I grew to about 75-80 days. They also started to grow new hairs on the buds, after all the older hairs had been orange for a while. They also started to grow the new skinny buds on top of the larger buds, like little arms sticking out. That's where the new white hairs came from.

I usually chop them before that start to grow those arms but I wanted to dense up the bottom nugs more.

Oh, and it is hard to tell the Gavita bulb is a double ended bulb. It is, though. They make new hoods now to hold the Gavita bulbs, so you don't have to buy the $585 Gavita unit anymore. You can also drive the double ended Gavita bulb with just about any good, newer digital ballast, which is what I am doing.

It doesn't push the bulb as hard as the Gavita ballast, but it does a great job. It is better than a 1000w Horti or lumitek etc powered by the best ballasts.

My grow shop bought a butt load of the Gavita DE bulbs by Philips because Philips stopped making them. By the time this bulb dies, I am sure Gavita bulbs will be made by another good company.

Anyway, I ended up only paying $380 for the Gavita bulb, digital ballast, and good, everything needed to rock it. That is brand new. It is much cheaper to drive the bulb with a good 1000w ballast and use a DE hood. However, if it preforms as well as the lux and par readings it gives out, then I am sure I will upgrade to the Gavita ballast units.

The power of the double ended Gavita bulb. The first picture was taken 8-29 when the autos were only growing under a 600w Apollo their whole life. Then I changed them to the 1000w Gavita double ended bulb, and watch what happens after only two days, and it was only set to 50%, so like 500w.

9-1-29autos.jpg

9-1-31autos.jpg

What a difference, right?

And then, check this out, I set it to 75% on the 31 first. So one day later, check it out.

9-1-1autos.jpg

These are all the same plants in the same position. They are just taking off under this bulb. I know how the Critical 47 grows under a 600w HPS, and this growth rate is way better. I am sure the Gavita double ended bulb will preform better than a regular 1000w.

And now it is time for the dry bud update. So I got 11.5 oz dry from one 600w Apollo bulb and ballast, with UFO hood. Not bad at all considering only three of the autos were in five gallons, one was even in a 1 gallon, and the rest were in 3 gallons. If all had been in 5 gallons, I would have gotten at least 17.5 oz.

Here are some shots of a few dry budz.

9-1-jars.jpg

Here is one of my favorite bud shots of the dry auto Think Different, which I have called auto Critical 47 because I am pretty sure that is what it is. They call it a special strain of AK mixed with something else, and called it ak420. I am pretty sure it is Critical Mass mix with Ak47 because I have grown the regular strain of Critical 47 for a few generations.

Think different is a big producer for an auto. Very stoney head high and very frosty.

9-1-cb6.jpg

This one is Critical Blue. The shape is interesting with lots of purple. Unfortunately, it is hard to capture how purple some of it is. It is also very hard to capture the frost.

9-1-cb7.jpg

With this one, I experimented with lighting.

9-1-cb5.jpg

9-1-cb1.jpg

9-1-cb3.jpg

9-1-cb4.jpg

9-1-c465.jpg

Thinking about entering bud of the month, but not sure any are good enough.

I did some lux testing with my Gavita. At 3.5 feet away, which the autos are at right now, 40,000 lux. That is running the ballast at 100%. 40,000 lux at 3.5 feet away!!!

At two feet away, it maxes my lux meter out, which maxes out at 100,000 lux. No wonder it is recommended to keep these lights 2 feet above plants.

Also, it has a nice footprint.

I highly recommend double ended bulbs.

Did you guys know they make a 1500w HPS and ballast now?

Autos are 15 days old from sprouting.

9-5-auto47.jpg

The autos in the 5 gallons are my own seeds of Think Different = auto Critical 47.

This particular plant has an inch of sand on top, but then put a bit more coco on top of that.

9-5-cb.jpg

These Critical Blues, I am going to leave in solo cups just to see how big they can get in such a small container. I also have one Think Different in a gallon pot. Last time I got 14 grams from one out of the gallon pot, so I will see if I get more this time under the Gavita light.

9-5-plants.jpg

Here you can see the regulars and autos. The regulars are under a 600w Apollo, and the autos are under the 1000w Gavita. They cross light, so the lux is higher under the apollo than usual. Also, I placed one auto Think DIfferent (my seeds I bread) under the 600w, and one regular under the Gavita, just to see how much growth rates change for those.

I realized that I don't need three lights at this time, just the two. Also, I bought a 6x4 flood tray that I will be placing all the plants on. This will make watering much easier. I will then wet-vac the drain out or I will buy a sumpump to pump it out the window and feed my apple tree.

If I decided to just do autos, I will do a 3 site rotation, and still will not need three lights. With a three stage auto system, I will pull 12-16 oz every three weeks. I doubt I will get that with this back and forth auto regular growing. It just depends what the regulars produce under the Gavita once I put them into flower.

They have pretty much two months to veg, so who knows how big they will get. I might even need to transplant them into 10 gallon pots.

Quick up date for autos, which are 20 days old, and outdoors.

The CB inside a solo cup is doing well. Others are pretty big too in solo cups. I am just curious as to how big they can get. As you can tell, they can get tall, but do not get nearly as wide as the ones in the 5 gallon pots.

9-12-cb.jpg

9-12-group.jpg

New flood table

9-12-c47.jpg

Outdoor update

9-12-kk.jpg
<< Kosher Kush

9-12-shishka.jpg

9-12-godbud.jpg

9-12-headband.jpg

9-12-c472.jpg

Pink hairs on the headband is real