BC Godbud & Purple Wreck - Sunshine #4 - Indoor - First Grow

So I think I may have been lied too lol...

The plants I received as BC God Bud and those I received of Purple Wreck..are growing in the same pattern... in fact the 3 plants that are all now 3 weeks into flower are indistinguishable from one another... So.. no telling what they are I guess.. Here are several bud shots each is a different bud on a different of the three plants....

Sorry for the yellow light but its all they get lol

IMG_25818.JPG
IMG_25809.JPG
IMG_25797.JPG
IMG_25787.JPG
IMG_25765.JPG
IMG_25778.JPG

These are from the 2 silver pearl that are now officially 4 weeks into flower..
IMG_25829.JPG
IMG_25839.JPG

I was advised not too long ago to watch for my plants going hermie in the flower tent.. Are there steps I can take to prevent anything like that from happening? Or is it in the DNA and may happen one way or another?

I check twice daily for any sign of unwanted parts, is their a part of the plant that is more prone to sex swapping that I should pay extra special attention to?

So firstly to address your concerns with the strain of plant you are growing.

Plants will be very much the same as one another if they are similar. For example, an two indica dominant strains may grow exactly the same, flower exactly the same and look identical, however they are totally different strains. This is because of the characteristics they share from the indica dominance.

An indica dominant plant, however, would look totally different to a sativa dominant plant.

The true difference will lie in the little details. The needs and tolerances of the plants, When it's ready to harvest, bud density, end flavour, colour and taste.

For the second part, your concern of hermies

The best way to prevent hermies is to avoid stress and confusion during the flowering stage. Keep lights on a strict schedule, avoid temperature, water or nutrient stress. And most importantly, cut out all light leaks during the dark period.

Had one low humidity day... I got those plants as adults, they likely got stressed in the move is my guess? Possibly a light leak, or the indicator light on my humidifier mabey? Just don't know...

So.. Should I pull and kill off the hermie plants?

Should I separate them?

What are my options/your suggestions?

They may have got stressed in the move, yes. There is also a possibility of light leaks, or the light on appliances.

I would firstly check for any light leaks in the area, eliminate that issue first for further hermies.

You can either move the plants, kill them, harvest them, leave them. All the options are available, just depends on your situation. Ie, do you have a sealed space for them etc?

Well.. I was thinking id leave the SP in the larger tent, Would also leave the clearly pollinated BCGB and PW... evacuate my smaller tent and move my veg area..and then stick the plants that are 9 days into 12/12 into the small tent, pop the other lightbulb for flower into the small tent and run 2 flowering spaces?

Of the 3 Silver Pearl all 3 are confirmed hermie..

One is like every freaking node.. one is about 15% and the other I found only 3 branches with one or 2 affected nodes.

Then in 3-4 weeks harvest out the hermies and get what personal smoke I can from it.. scrub the whole thing down and move the rest from the small tent into the big tent.. and keep trying?

This was the best option I could think of to try to salvage something from the grow and yet to keep things moving?

You can even do that temporarily. Once you've isolated and removed the pollen sources, you can spray everything down and put them all together in one tent again. The pollinated ones will still be good smoke - just not the best.

And yeah, you'll have a bunch of seeds! (pollinated by a hermie)

[Edit] And I am SO sorry this happened. :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom