BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

From my research you can use it up until harvest if you bud-wash.
I'll definitely have to look into that. Could save me hours of caterpillar plucking. :)

A quick update from last night's transplant activities:
The root balls from all three plants were quite dense - should have been up-potted last week already. Oh well..

Got them done just as we were loosing most of our daylight. :D

A little morning dew on Lemon Potion this morning. :)

Nice!
Yeah it states right on the bottle that it can be used the day of harvest on tomatoes, broccoli, etc.
I haven’t researched it to death, but I’d bet that the cayenne pepper type homemade sprays people make would probably repel them I’d imagine.

Glad to see you're back at it. There's magic in beginnings!

Grow on!

Regarding the Terpinator...

I'd like to try using it, it sounds like it could be beneficial, but I already have what I believe to be very similar with the Honey Chome. I don't want to overdo the supplements so I'll probably hold off til I run out of my other stuff.

I was talking to Shed about it. It's the same ratio as Armor Si, 0-0-4. He said they are different though. The terpinator says it's good for all phases of growth not just the bloom. That being said the more you use the more they sell...

Honey Chome sounds a lot like Floralicous. I've started to use the Floarlish more conservatively and toward the end of flower. GIve her that Sugar Rush!!!!

Spinosad is supposed to work as well, but I went with a targeted approach for the caterpillars.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

Welcome back andihalped! :woohoo:
The terpinator says it's good for all phases of growth not just the bloom.
Honey Chome claims the same thing. Maybe I'll use Terpinator during veg, then Honey Chome during bloom.
That being said the more you use the more they sell...
Unless they keep giving away 10 liter bottles of the stuff. :rolleyes:

Regarding Spinosad, I've never seen it in any gardening shops. Is it mostly purchased online only?

Time for some advice please. We're thinking we wouldn't top the auto since it's on a clock and we want it to get as large as possible, but for the two photos I'd like to top them once or twice this year. Last year we did zero topping so I'm pretty new to the process. What's your opinions?
Here's White Widow now with 5 nodes. Should I top it now at the 5th node or should I have topped it at the 4th node?

Regarding Spinosad, I've never seen it in any gardening shops. Is it mostly purchased online only?
I think it might not be legal anymore in Cali. Ole never mind, I couldn’t find anything to support that claim.

Grow on!
There is magic here, I can feel it!

I was talking to Shed about it. It's the same ratio as Armor Si, 0-0-4. He said they are different though. The terpinator says it's good for all phases of growth not just the bloom.
I was quoting farside05 in our conversation about Armor Si/Pro-tekt vs Terpinator. Though they are both 0-0-4, the silicas add silica to your nute formula, where the Terp adds sulfur (potassium sulfate). Our conversation was about which would be more beneficial when using MegaCrop, which has plenty of sulfur but is low in silica.

Wow, I was just there a couple days ago -- must have missed it. I'll take a closer look next visit. :thanks:

I was quoting farside05 in our conversation about Armor Si/Pro-tekt vs Terpinator. Though they are both 0-0-4, the silicas add silica to your nute formula, where the Terp adds sulfur (potassium sulfate). Our conversation was about which would be more beneficial when using MegaCrop, which has plenty of sulfur but is low in silica.

I missed the mega crop portion. Prolly cause i dont use it.

Wow, I was just there a couple days ago -- must have missed it. I'll take a closer look next visit. :thanks:

No we were at a get together offline...

I'd definetly top the photos out doors.

And you waited til now to tell me... that’ll happen today!

Here's White Widow now with 5 nodes. Should I top it now at the 5th node or should I have topped it at the 4th node?
Topping at either of those nodes will work, IME. Topping at the 5th node will set back overall vertical growth less. Best way to learn your topping preferences is to do it & see how the plants respond. I learn a little something every year, if I pay attention.

I agree with PW. I top fairly frequently on my outdoor grows (which are always only photos), but I also aim for plants <6ft vertical & at least that wide. That may not be your preference.

Worth noting that some folks think topping can reduce yields, which makes some sense--the plant is putting energy into recovery rather than growth.

Those are also big enough to start LST by bending the main stem. I usually start bending once they get to about 5 nodes. But that also depends on how vertical you want them.

Quick Saturday morning update. We topped White Widow and Northern Lights at the 5th node. Thanks to everyone for their input!!
The first 2 photos are of White Widow.

The next 3 photos are from Northern Lights.

Beez and I were thinking of topping again in a couple of weeks when the new growth recovers.

Back
Top Bottom