Best LED grow light

bro, to much light, just being honest man. Small leaves = to much light. Lower PAR to 500 MAX in veg, 1000 Flower. When everything is right in your tent, lower light intensity is even better for the plant. Sure, we think, well, the freakin sun is 1700 par, but LED lights are like tiny lazers hitting the Leaf cells. where the sun, is more diffused by particles floating in the air. So, hitting them with 1700 will kill them in an hours time.

Something im going to experiment with in the near future, is using a greenhouse panel under my lights, which will diffuse the light and spread it out more. Like a greenhouse. THEN, because A- heat off the leafs, and B- LIGHT INTENSITY DIFFUSION.

Telling ya bro, reduce your light and you might be amazed.
I've actually been wondering about this yesterday..
As with my Monstera plant if you want her to get large leaves that tear open you put her in a dark environment so she grows larger leaves to capture light.
I think many plants will have similar functions in that regard with more or less pronounced responses.
So I was wondering if that could play a part in early formation, if you flood her with light those first leaves aren't going to grow big as they don't need to, they get more than they can handle so they might even stay small as a form of protection.
Yet if you just slightly underfeed them with light they should want to grow larger to optimise what's available.

Currently using an older single HLG 350R commercial unit. It has a great start to finish spectrum. The newer 350 Diablo has a slight weekness especially in the veg- flower. So I just turn up the ppfd/lumens a little to meet the meter. Flowering coverage is 3x5, 5x5 veg. I'm set at 15" from top of the canopy, 650 ppf for veg, 1600 ppf for flower.
Left graph is the 350R, Right is the 350 Diablo.
HLG 350 R & Diablo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom